tee_pee13

tourist visa for parents in the Phil

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone! If someone had experienced getting their parents tourist visa to come visit them here in the US, can you pls tell me how you do yours? I've heard a lot of horrible denials from tourist visas. We also had talked to a lawyer about getting through this path. I've only been a year here in the US. I know I can petition them after 3yrs but can't wait for them to come see USA. Your input is so much appreciated. God bless everybody!!! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help::dance::innocent:

You're Gods' wonderful blessing... I'm so happy to be with my baby, dog eddie, mom and dog molly...

Extremely happy with my married life, but we're praying for a baby this 2010, so help us GOD....

4ovs9meo4h.png

14929003_bodyshot_300x400_1242397349429.gif

14929003_bodyshot_300x400_1242400100185.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They can apply for a tourist visa at the embassy. They will need to show strong ties to home at their interview(s) in order to be approved. There isn't really anything that you can do to help them get a visa.

Once you are a citizen you can petition for them to obtain an immigrant visa.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

They can apply for a tourist visa at the embassy. They will need to show strong ties to home at their interview(s) in order to be approved. There isn't really anything that you can do to help them get a visa.

Once you are a citizen you can petition for them to obtain an immigrant visa.

Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it :thumbs: God bless

You're Gods' wonderful blessing... I'm so happy to be with my baby, dog eddie, mom and dog molly...

Extremely happy with my married life, but we're praying for a baby this 2010, so help us GOD....

4ovs9meo4h.png

I helped my mom submit an application for a visitor visa. She is 62 years old, a retired elementary school teacher. Her interview at the US Embassy is this coming Friday, October 22 at 1:00 p.m. I can send you some feedback on the outcome, if you'd like.

Anh map is correct, your parents have to establish strong ties to the Philippines to have a higher chance of being granted one.

My mom has never been on an international trip before, and my sister (the only remaining sibling in the Philippines) is an independent...not sure exactly what the outcome will be, but we have a baby on the way (c-section scheduled on October 26!), and we're hoping she could visit. My dad is unable to come, he just had major surgery, and it not fit to travel just yet.

Am helping her answer some common interview questions this week so she can feel more confident.

Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it :thumbs: God bless

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

My mom received Multiple Tourist Visa last year, We don't have much of what they asking on the website, but we go through still, I am the one who fill up all the papers, schedule her interview online and she went there for interview and they granted her visa.. She is 50years old that time, just a housewife never been work and a widow, I guess the only tied up that will show is my youngest brother whose 12 yrs old...

Nothing we can help to guaranty them a visa but nothing wrong if we try and be lucky :) so my suggesstion go for it but don't expect too much just be open that they can denied it.

Goodluck! Let me know if I can help in other way.

-Alma

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I helped my mom submit an application for a visitor visa. She is 62 years old, a retired elementary school teacher. Her interview at the US Embassy is this coming Friday, October 22 at 1:00 p.m. I can send you some feedback on the outcome, if you'd like.

Anh map is correct, your parents have to establish strong ties to the Philippines to have a higher chance of being granted one.

My mom has never been on an international trip before, and my sister (the only remaining sibling in the Philippines) is an independent...not sure exactly what the outcome will be, but we have a baby on the way (c-section scheduled on October 26!), and we're hoping she could visit. My dad is unable to come, he just had major surgery, and it not fit to travel just yet.

Am helping her answer some common interview questions this week so she can feel more confident.

Thank you so much for the inputs. Yes pls update me what happened to your mom's interview. I'm so sorry to reply so late, was kinda busy recently. Thank you so much, appreciate all your effort dear. Have a speed recovery from your surgery!!! God bless dear ;-)

Sincerely,

Reina

4ovs9meo4h.png

Timeline

My mom received Multiple Tourist Visa last year, We don't have much of what they asking on the website, but we go through still, I am the one who fill up all the papers, schedule her interview online and she went there for interview and they granted her visa.. She is 50years old that time, just a housewife never been work and a widow, I guess the only tied up that will show is my youngest brother whose 12 yrs old...

Nothing we can help to guaranty them a visa but nothing wrong if we try and be lucky :) so my suggesstion go for it but don't expect too much just be open that they can denied it.

Goodluck! Let me know if I can help in other way.

-Alma

Thank you Alma!!! I really appreciate your reply dear. Was kinda busy, sorry for the late reply. My mom and dad are old, mom is 58 and dad is 60. They really don't have the ties to go back home but my hubby will write to the consul that he's not gonna ruin his military retirement pretty soon by not sending them home. We just wanted them to visit us for a while. I really hope they'll be granted a visa. Yeah we'll still goin to try whatever the outcome will be. Thank you so much for the advice dear. Have a good one ;-) God bless you dear

Sincerely,

Reina

4ovs9meo4h.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Alma!!! I really appreciate your reply dear. Was kinda busy, sorry for the late reply. My mom and dad are old, mom is 58 and dad is 60. They really don't have the ties to go back home but my hubby will write to the consul that he's not gonna ruin his military retirement pretty soon by not sending them home. We just wanted them to visit us for a while. I really hope they'll be granted a visa. Yeah we'll still goin to try whatever the outcome will be. Thank you so much for the advice dear. Have a good one ;-) God bless you dear

Sincerely,

Reina

Are you pregnant? Maybe send them sonogram of the baby and tell the consul there is no one here to take care of you while husband works.

My parents won't even attempt a Tourist visa because they are scared to waste money and get denied. :-(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.