misna

CSC is finally awake !!

158 posts in this topic

anyone who has filed before September should hear something this month.

How do you figure? From what I gather they have been touching or approving people in late May/early June in the last few days. If they decide to keep up a regular pace again (and who knows given how inconsistent the CSC has been), they'd still have to get through all of June before getting to July or August filers. I think we're still in for at least a month's wait. Of course anything is possible and I'm hoping you're right, but I don't see how that would happen.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

:D

Now if they can just churn out more June applications so they can hurry up and get to July!

i know,i am thankful beyond words that we are july 1sters,at least if they go through based on dates and all,we wont have to wait as much,you never know,anything is possible with CSC as long as they are within their precious time frame :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

How do you figure? From what I gather they have been touching or approving people in late May/early June in the last few days. If they decide to keep up a regular pace again (and who knows given how inconsistent the CSC has been), they'd still have to get through all of June before getting to July or August filers. I think we're still in for at least a month's wait. Of course anything is possible and I'm hoping you're right, but I don't see how that would happen.

Mostly wishful thinking :) I check AILA and various places (mostly anecdotal evidence garnered from forums) to see how fast K1s are being processed. A lot of people have been touched recently but that alone isn't much to go off of, I'm assuming since they're still on their 5 month mark we should get something this month or early next to stick with their 5 month goal since from NOA2 to interview/approval is about 2 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ha ? I just check everytime and every hour and everyday my current case status in uscis site , This late afternoon I get bored browsing so what I did I just change the number nearest to mine , then I saw others get approve ..

Here is the link of the uscis site

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Also , I go also to the diff threads here to read some latest news , ..

I just wish they will csc will start now to keep approving our applications , I know how you feel ,guys ...

hard to be far from the one you love .....

I wanted to do the same thing on the USCIS website, but when I got locked out (password issues) and read the little disclaimer saying they monitor your login status/frequency.. I got scared. Don't need anything slowing up my progress now. :D

But if it works.. keep us posted. :D

[08-06-10] - Mailed petition to California Service Center

[08-09-10] - Packet received and signed for at service center

[08-16-10] - Check cashed in Lewisville, Texas

[08-19-10] - Received NOA1 by mail (notice date August 13th)

[01-05-11] - Received email notification of NOA2 approval

[01-10-11] - NOA2 Hardcopy received - (Approval date January 4th)

[01-10-11} - NVC Case# Received

[01-13-11] - Case left NVC for the Embassy

[02-08-11] - Scanned and emailed DS-230 to Embassy; no Packet 3 received

[02-16-11] - Packet 4 mailed to fiance'

[03-18-11] - Interview date

[03-18-11] - Case Pending AP

[05-04-11] - Petition expired (no extension granted by embassy in JA)

[05-17-11] - Petition returned to USCIS

[08-01-11] - 2nd I-129 petition filed

[08-10-11] - NOA1 notice received

[01-17-12] - RFE (IMBRA limitations on #of petitions)

[01-19-12] - Sent request for IMBRA -I-129F waiver

[01-31-12] - NOA2 approved

[02-27-12] - Packet 3 Received (DS-230 Scanned and emailed)

[03-05-12] - Packet 4 Received w/interview date

[03-23-12] - Interview in JA - Approved!!! [/font]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

... and let us hope that they get to processing quickly before Thanksgiving, Christmas.. then, we're into the new year. I don't even want to think about the offices closing... vacation time.. ughhhh.

****keeping my fingers crossed****

[08-06-10] - Mailed petition to California Service Center

[08-09-10] - Packet received and signed for at service center

[08-16-10] - Check cashed in Lewisville, Texas

[08-19-10] - Received NOA1 by mail (notice date August 13th)

[01-05-11] - Received email notification of NOA2 approval

[01-10-11] - NOA2 Hardcopy received - (Approval date January 4th)

[01-10-11} - NVC Case# Received

[01-13-11] - Case left NVC for the Embassy

[02-08-11] - Scanned and emailed DS-230 to Embassy; no Packet 3 received

[02-16-11] - Packet 4 mailed to fiance'

[03-18-11] - Interview date

[03-18-11] - Case Pending AP

[05-04-11] - Petition expired (no extension granted by embassy in JA)

[05-17-11] - Petition returned to USCIS

[08-01-11] - 2nd I-129 petition filed

[08-10-11] - NOA1 notice received

[01-17-12] - RFE (IMBRA limitations on #of petitions)

[01-19-12] - Sent request for IMBRA -I-129F waiver

[01-31-12] - NOA2 approved

[02-27-12] - Packet 3 Received (DS-230 Scanned and emailed)

[03-05-12] - Packet 4 Received w/interview date

[03-23-12] - Interview in JA - Approved!!! [/font]

i really do hope that they continue with this... i am an early june noa1... my noa1 date is the 7th of june.. i am praying to god even harder that it continues...

Mostly wishful thinking :) I check AILA and various places (mostly anecdotal evidence garnered from forums) to see how fast K1s are being processed. A lot of people have been touched recently but that alone isn't much to go off of, I'm assuming since they're still on their 5 month mark we should get something this month or early next to stick with their 5 month goal since from NOA2 to interview/approval is about 2 months.

it is sad that i am almost to my 5 month mark... in a few weeks and the last time that my file was touched was on the 10th of june, only 3 days after the date of my noa1... i really do hope that something happens with it soon.. especially since csc as we all are assuming would like to keep their 5 month goal..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

im accessing the same information that is readily available in a different way, nothing creepy about that. If you feel insecure about your information being in a government system don't put it in a government system, also, don't fill out your census info as well cause people like me look for trends and make a pretty good living off it.

I get paid to analyze numbers all day long, nothing wrong with me doing it for myself for ten minutes.

So again, if you feel its "creepy" then pick up the phone and call USCIS and make a complaint. Otherwise its just a "pointless" personal opinion.

Take it easy

I'm aware the best we can do here is agree to disagree but I just want to point out a few things as I know I'm not alone in finding this new "secret" unethical.

The census (at least in Canada) is mandatory. Also, you fill it out knowing that your data is going to be analyzed. That's the entire point. USCIS isn't inviting users to change case numbers and analyze data. Show me where on the website it tells you to do it and I'll shut up. Furthermore, pretty sure I didn't sign anything saying my information would be analyzed by complete strangers on the Internet. I don't take that chance because I want to immigrate; IMHO it's a flaw that USCIS needs to fix or let you be aware of. Lastly, just because you CAN do it and it's virtually victimless doesn't mean it's not unethical.

But according to you, my opinion is "pointless" so I'll let the other members here who agree with me remain silent while I take the heat on this.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To be honest, I have to agree with JlovesA. No, no one is harmed by people creeping on other peoples' case files. It just seems wrong. You're right, there's no personal information you can derive from a casefile number, but it's still someone's personal thing. It's not even the checking on peoples' cases that bothers me the most, it's the fact that some people have signed up for notifcations on those cases.

No harm is done, really... it just feels wrong. To me personally.

I want my approval as much as the next person, but checking other peoples' cases is not going to make it come any quicker.

Just my two cents.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Timeline

To be honest, I have to agree with JlovesA. No, no one is harmed by people creeping on other peoples' case files. It just seems wrong. You're right, there's no personal information you can derive from a casefile number, but it's still someone's personal thing. It's not even the checking on peoples' cases that bothers me the most, it's the fact that some people have signed up for notifcations on those cases.

No harm is done, really... it just feels wrong. To me personally.

I want my approval as much as the next person, but checking other peoples' cases is not going to make it come any quicker.

Just my two cents.

Most people have an innate sense of right and wrong and we know when something is wrong because you just feel it is. To me, this rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it doesn't for other people, but it goes against my personal moral code. I wouldn't want people signing up for MY case updates.

I have to agree with the last two posts. I'll be honest, I looked at a few others as well. Then I stopped and thought "wow..I don't want people coming in here and looking at MY case file!" It just feels weird to me knowing that people can change the number and see whats happening in my process. I feel like that should be information I choose to share or not.

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail

Timeline

Thank you to CBM and AlinaH...I knew I couldn't be the only one.

I was feeling so guilty everytime i put a different number in! Like I was stealing or something. :oops:

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail

Timeline

I think the fact many people here think it's okay just goes to show the degradation of importance placed on privacy. We can share so much information on the internet (think Facebook) so we get used to the idea that we have an online presence other people can peruse at their desire. But I'm sorry, the government should not let complete strangers view information on your case, even if it doesn't contain personal information. I don't agree to let that be public info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.