Sisyphus

**Mentor Wanted** K1/2, 19yo K2, China GUZ

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

:help: I'm looking for a mentor to help me through this K1/2 Process.

It seems like it would be easier if I could communicate with someone directly (email or phone) that has had reasonably recent successful experience with a K1/2 filing and AOS with an older K2.

About me:

I'm in Seattle, Wa, met my fiancee twice: once in 2008, once in 2010.

I'm unemployed, now I'm preparing to send in the I129f package.

About her: She's in Shenzhen, so the interview will be in GUZ, Her son is now 19yo (June birthday), he wants to come to the US and obtain a greencard.

I am proceeding with the I 129f filing with all haste, trying to front-load as much as possible. I hope to get it filed 10/11-12.

Any volunteers? :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It seems like it would be easier if I could communicate with someone directly (email or phone) that has had reasonably recent successful experience with a K1/2 filing and AOS with an older K2.

About me:

About her: She's in Shenzhen, so the interview will be in GUZ, Her son is now 19yo (June birthday), he wants to come to the US and obtain a greencard.

I am proceeding with the I 129f filing with all haste, trying to front-load as much as possible. I hope to get it filed 10/11-12.

Any question i have every had i have always gotten more than a few responses to. just post whatever questions you have in the forum and you will get alot of help. people here are really friendly.

on a side note its a good idea to first familiarize yourself with the guides as well.

i myself had to file twice because i got denied the first time due to not fully understanding and trusting the 800 line they tell you to call.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Timeline

Any question i have every had i have always gotten more than a few responses to. just post whatever questions you have in the forum and you will get alot of help. people here are really friendly.

on a side note its a good idea to first familiarize yourself with the guides as well.

i myself had to file twice because i got denied the first time due to not fully understanding and trusting the 800 line they tell you to call.

Yes, my questions get answered, however sometimes it takes some time before I feel I get an educated response. There is a lot of conjecture/ opinions. I am looking for someone who is familiar with the process, not just learning and expressing an opinion. I would like to be able to contact someone I can trust and not heed to spend hours sorting things out.

Yes, I have read all the guides and the wiki.

What 800#? Who is they?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, my questions get answered, however sometimes it takes some time before I feel I get an educated response. There is a lot of conjecture/ opinions. I am looking for someone who is familiar with the process, not just learning and expressing an opinion. I would like to be able to contact someone I can trust and not heed to spend hours sorting things out.

Yes, I have read all the guides and the wiki.

What 800#? Who is they?

"customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." be warned they are idiots and read from a screen and can lead you in the wrong direction.

When i was first filing my paperwork i called this number for assistance and they told me to follow the instructions, i told them i was a bit confused with the wording of it and just wanted to make sure that i needed to send in all my documentation with my application. they told me to send in the application and if they need anything further i will get an RFE, i thought that was odd but followed their advise, then i got denied.

after that at the suggestion of a lawyer i was goin to hire i contacted my congressman, they told had someone who handles immigration in thier office and told me to bring my completed paperwork in and they would look it over for free, the same thing a lawyer would have done.

i suggest you do the same if you want someone with experience to look over you file as having someone fromthe internet you dont know giving you advise isnt always best, all they can reall do is tell you what they went through not what really happens if problems occur.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

About me:

There is another site, candle for love, that deals with only the Chinese Visa

Process. "Real" requirements for the China Visa Process is often different

than the process of other countries. You can get very good advice on this site,

Visa Journey, and additional advice from CFL.

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

• 1 month later...
Timeline

moving to regional forum

While I appreciate that you are trying to help, I wish you hadn't moved this here. I did not receive a single response since. There is nothing in the description of this forum to indicate that K1/2 issues should be here. This topic is not a "General Discussion" topic, it is a Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion, and as such IMO should have been left in the K1 visa forum

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

While I appreciate that you are trying to help, I wish you hadn't moved this here. I did not receive a single response since. There is nothing in the description of this forum to indicate that K1/2 issues should be here. This topic is not a "General Discussion" topic, it is a Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion, and as such IMO should have been left in the K1 visa forum

If you desire a personal immigration consultant, I suggest you hire one. Aside though, your line of posts reminds me of this old thread at CFL. :devil:

Not sure if it's still visible. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14886

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

If you desire a personal immigration consultant, I suggest you hire one. Aside though, your line of posts reminds me of this old thread at CFL. :devil:

Not sure if it's still visible. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14886

Well excUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUse MEEEEEEEE!!!!! for asking...

Yeah the link doesnt work.

Edited by Sisyphus

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well excUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUse MEEEEEEEE!!!!! for asking...

Yeah the link doesnt work.

Earlier you wrote....

The old thread at CFL was something I started to discuss (complain about) the issues you raise in that paragraph. It goes with the territory of self-help groups. If you want the personal attention of somebody who can mentor you through the process, it usually isn't free. When people ask me comprehensive questions via PM, I almost always suggest (unless the issue is unique to the individual or of a highly private nature) that the member post their question in the public forum so others can benefit from the discussion. Yes, you sometimes have to wait and sort through so chaff, but that's what you get for free.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.