Chris_Жанна

Suggestions on who to have translate documents.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just wanted suggestions on where to get documents (diplomas) officially translated.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Edited by Chris_Жанна

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would start with the Embassy/Consulate website nearest to you. They should have a list of translators that they accept.

Then you need to contact your State's Secretary of State for the Apostile stamp.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just wanted suggestions on where to get documents (diplomas) officially translated.

I know an individual that will do it for a very reasonable price. If you are interested and send me a message I will reply with her email address. She will certify that she is competent to translate them but not notarized.

Edited by Henykat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I would start with the Embassy/Consulate website nearest to you. They should have a list of translators that they accept.

Then you need to contact your State's Secretary of State for the Apostile stamp.

Where do you get they need an US Secretary of state Apostille Stamp on a foreign diploma?

The person translating only need to be proficient in both languages and attest to that on the bottom of the translated document. Notary is overkill unless the Embassy asks specifically for it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey Guys/Gals,

Alla. PM me.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

a translation certified by the translator is fine if you are having diplomas translated for an evaluation service. She can even do them herself. No apostile stamp would be needed.

In the US there is no such thing as a "licensed" translator per se. Alla had to be tested and received a certificate from a testing agency that she is a "qualified" translator of the Russian, Ukrainian and English langues but this is not an official "license". She pnly had to do this in order to interpret for USCIS, CBP and the State of Vermont court system. For school diplomas, nothing is needed in particular.

Though there is no law against it, Alla considers it unprofessional to do her own translations and had her diplomas and other documents translated by a fellow student from Russia.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Where do you get they need an US Secretary of state Apostille Stamp on a foreign diploma?

The person translating only need to be proficient in both languages and attest to that on the bottom of the translated document. Notary is overkill unless the Embassy asks specifically for it.

DOH! Missed the diploma part. I was thinking about other official docs (like a divorce decree or something like that) that would require an apostile. I will need my divorce decree translated into Ukrainian and stamped so I can get married here in Simferopol (I think).

Not US Sec State. The Sec State of the State you reside in.

За Жезни С Смехом

Timeline

DOH! Missed the diploma part. I was thinking about other official docs (like a divorce decree or something like that) that would require an apostile. I will need my divorce decree translated into Ukrainian and stamped so I can get married here in Simferopol (I think).

Not US Sec State. The Sec State of the State you reside in.

Still DOH! The USCIS and the State Department (consulates) do not require apostiles, notarizations or any other "official" BS for translations. Persons are not prevented from doing their own translations if they wish. UKRAINIAN law is different but when dealing with the US consulate they do not give a rat's pa-toot about Ukrainian law. IF a Ukrainian fiancee, for example, has her documents translated IN UKRAINE by a UKRAINIAN translator, that translator must comply with Ukrainian law. OR if (as in your case) you are presenting US documents to the Ukrainian government, then you have to follow THEIR rules.

Alla did lots and lots of translations from Ukrainian documents (and Russian documents) right here in the US by email, then mails them to the fiancee's US petitioner do be given to the Consulate. No problems ever.

Alla also was a translator in Ukraine and did translations and interpretations for foreign business working in Ukraine and Russia, She had to do whatever was required by the job. Correspondence, or even a contract, between to private businesses did not require an apostile, for example, UNLESS the business wanted one. That was rare. Any translations she did in Ukraine had to bear her official stamp and any for the Ukrainian government had to have an apostile.

The consulate in Kiev does not require translations any longer at all, IF the documents are in Ukrainian, Russian or English. USCIS still DOES require translations. So, while you may not need translations for a visa interview, you will need them for the AOS filing.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Still DOH! The USCIS and the State Department (consulates) do not require apostiles, notarizations or any other "official" BS for translations. Persons are not prevented from doing their own translations if they wish. UKRAINIAN law is different but when dealing with the US consulate they do not give a rat's pa-toot about Ukrainian law. IF a Ukrainian fiancee, for example, has her documents translated IN UKRAINE by a UKRAINIAN translator, that translator must comply with Ukrainian law. OR if (as in your case) you are presenting US documents to the Ukrainian government, then you have to follow THEIR rules.

Alla did lots and lots of translations from Ukrainian documents (and Russian documents) right here in the US by email, then mails them to the fiancee's US petitioner do be given to the Consulate. No problems ever.

Alla also was a translator in Ukraine and did translations and interpretations for foreign business working in Ukraine and Russia, She had to do whatever was required by the job. Correspondence, or even a contract, between to private businesses did not require an apostile, for example, UNLESS the business wanted one. That was rare. Any translations she did in Ukraine had to bear her official stamp and any for the Ukrainian government had to have an apostile.

The consulate in Kiev does not require translations any longer at all, IF the documents are in Ukrainian, Russian or English. USCIS still DOES require translations. So, while you may not need translations for a visa interview, you will need them for the AOS filing.

But I'll be dealing with the Ukrainian authorities concerning marriage to one of their citizens AND moving here to live in Ukraine with her. So I do need a few things translated and apostilled to obtain my Temp (and eventually permanent) resident status here.

USCIS will have zero, nada, zip to do with me or Mila.

So maybe I can hook up with Alla for some translations?

За Жезни С Смехом

Timeline

But I'll be dealing with the Ukrainian authorities concerning marriage to one of their citizens AND moving here to live in Ukraine with her. So I do need a few things translated and apostilled to obtain my Temp (and eventually permanent) resident status here.

USCIS will have zero, nada, zip to do with me or Mila.

So maybe I can hook up with Alla for some translations?

Yes, YOU will have to comply with Ukrainian law, Chris does not, he is here in the US and anyone going through US consulates does not have to comply with their laws (The Ukraine consulate no longer requires translations at all)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

So in Chris' case maybe a translated copy of the school transcripts for just in case?

I am not sure what Chris is trying to do, I would guess it has something to do with his wife's education. For that she will need translations of her education transcripts and diplomas. Those can be done by anyone in the US and include a statement that the translator certifies (states) that they are true and accurate translations. Alla had one of her Russian classmates do hers and that was good enough for ECE to evaluate her education.

One thing to keep in mind is that these organizations that evaluate foreign documents DO have people that can read and write Russian (and other languages). They require copies of the originals and the translation you have done. Never think you will pass off your girl scout merit badge certificate as a MA degree. :lol: The documents are checked, but then anyone at that agency can work with them.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am not sure what Chris is trying to do, I would guess it has something to do with his wife's education. For that she will need translations of her education transcripts and diplomas. Those can be done by anyone in the US and include a statement that the translator certifies (states) that they are true and accurate translations. Alla had one of her Russian classmates do hers and that was good enough for ECE to evaluate her education.

One thing to keep in mind is that these organizations that evaluate foreign documents DO have people that can read and write Russian (and other languages). They require copies of the originals and the translation you have done. Never think you will pass off your girl scout merit badge certificate as a MA degree. :lol: The documents are checked, but then anyone at that agency can work with them.

Chris is tryng to get a Russian Sugar mama so he can stop working lol.

Damn, so you mean my "Arrow of light" Boy Scout badge won't earn me college credit...sh!t!!!!:blink: Surely, my knot badge has to have some worth.

Gary, as soon as we can get over to my folks house to use the scanner for her diplomas we will be contacting Alla for her services. Zhanna wants me to also thank you and Alla for offering her services.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

Chris is tryng to get a Russian Sugar mama so he can stop working lol.

Damn, so you mean my "Arrow of light" Boy Scout badge won't earn me college credit...sh!t!!!!:blink: Surely, my knot badge has to have some worth.

Gary, as soon as we can get over to my folks house to use the scanner for her diplomas we will be contacting Alla for her services. Zhanna wants me to also thank you and Alla for offering her services.

Great Chris! Thanks

Actually when Alla went for Sergey's interview, there was a couple there that had "doctored" a translation of a Ukrainian court order. The order had given the woman permission (without the consent of the natural father) to take the boy out of the country for a visit of some sort...temorarily. They "translated" this into a court order allowing her take the boy to the United States permanently. Oops. The people at the consulate can read Ukrainian, Russian and English. Who knew? :lol:

It did NOT turn out well!

Gary And Alla

The people at the consulate can read Ukrainian, Russian and English.

Which begs the question, "why do they require a translation?"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.