LeslienScott

Starting to panic

76 posts in this topic

I had my interview on Sept. 24th. Just on the cusp of all these new changes. But we still fell into the old way of doing things. (they booked our interview & we bring in the xpresspost envelope) Interview went great, no problems whatsoever. The interviewer said on behalf of him & everyone there at the consulate, they are happy to approve my visa. He gave us the sheet of paper & off we went with big smiles on our faces.

So, here it is 10 days later, & I still haven't received my visa in the mail. We have called DOS 3x so far & it hasn't even been issued. Their response was pretty much to the tune of they will send it whenever they feel like it. Which doesn't tell me anything. She also said wait another 2 wks before calling & inquiring again.

My last day of work is the 21st & I have to be out of my house on the 29th. Hopefully I am just freaking out about nothing & it will arrive in the next couple of days, but I can't take this stress anymore!!!!

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

have you tried emailing them?

it took them a full month to get orfee's visa to him - that was with senator involvement.

Yup, emailed them this morning. I remember reading all your troubles too. I'm happy you got yours solved. Scott is going to get his congresswoman involved tomorrow.

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Comon man ....You are panic , so what should i do ...die ?.....its been 9 months since my NOA1 and even got a RFE and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG RFE and its taking me forever to collect it to send it back to them...and then i will be waiting for approval Inshallah and then NVC then to embassy then wait for interview then wait for visa.

Be thankful man..you are lucky.

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Comon man ....You are panic , so what should i do ...die ?.....its been 9 months since my NOA1 and even got a RFE and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG RFE and its taking me forever to collect it to send it back to them...and then i will be waiting for approval Inshallah and then NVC then to embassy then wait for interview then wait for visa.

Be thankful man..you are lucky.

Sam

I am lucky??? What, lucky that I will have no job & no where to live in 3 wks? Sure it sux that you have been waiting your 9 months, but at least you have a roof over your head & money to buy food. I think I have good reason to panic!

Nov 14, 2011...NOA1

Timeline

Stop comparing hardships MAN.

Everyone has a right to feel the way they do.

Comparing hardships .lol..Did i lie about anything ..nope...i said the truth...if it hurt anyone ...then it would be their own issues...am free to say what i want to say..none of anyones bussines just so iam not offending anyone ...n btw if you have looked at it from a good view you would see that i was giving him insperation not COMPARING hardships as you call it .

Sam

I am lucky??? What, lucky that I will have no job & no where to live in 3 wks? Sure it sux that you have been waiting your 9 months, but at least you have a roof over your head & money to buy food. I think I have good reason to panic!

i didn't tell you not to worry and as i obviously said ....i was giving you insperation but you don't seem to understand that...so am sorry for trying to keep you positive .. you wouldn't say that if i was putting you down or crying beside you...am done.

Good luck.

Sam

Edited by SamOnline

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Stop comparing hardships MAN.

Everyone has a right to feel the way they do.

That's right, and I'm sure the Egyptian consulate works slightly different than the Canadian consulate... (Wonder if there's an Egyptian forum on here?!?)

So, LeslienScott, whine away if you please, WE'RE here to support you.

Now, on a positive note,

Maybe because of all this change at the consulate they are slightly behind in the printing of the visas... Maybe something's wrong with their printer (it happened to someone back in July)... It won't hurt for Scott to call his congress person, but maybe wait until next Monday... I mean, I'm not in your shoes, so maybe you'll feel better if you get her involved asap...

Keep us posted and good luck

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No one called you a liar.

You don't need to come into her thread and talk about how much worse off you are and how lucky she is compared to you. You don't understand what she's going through. I wouldn't call what you just said inspirational, it was sort of rude.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

You don't need to come into her thread and talk about how much worse off you are and how lucky she is compared to you. You don't understand what she's going through. I wouldn't call what you just said inspirational, it was sort of rude.

Second that.

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes good luck Leslie, I am sure all will be fine. Some people got their passports a couple of weeks after their interviews, you're at the home stretch! If you don't get it, get all of your belongings and set a tent up in front of the consulate! That should get their attention. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Also, what happens when you go on Canada post? Does it even show up (your tracking number I mean)? If I remember well, I think some people have said that DOS would say one thing, and then Canada Post would say the opposite...

(I mean, I don't know, maybe I just read wrong)

Thing is, you'll be ok, you're almost done, stay strong and it'll all work out.

Timeline

That's right, and I'm sure the Egyptian consulate works slightly different than the Canadian consulate... (Wonder if there's an Egyptian forum on here?!?)

So, LeslienScott, whine away if you please, WE'RE here to support you.

Now, on a positive note,

Maybe because of all this change at the consulate they are slightly behind in the printing of the visas... Maybe something's wrong with their printer (it happened to someone back in July)... It won't hurt for Scott to call his congress person, but maybe wait until next Monday... I mean, I'm not in your shoes, so maybe you'll feel better if you get her involved asap...

Keep us posted and good luck

I will post where ever i want to post ...Egypt, Canada , Bulgaria ...so don't feel smart mouth and don't try to show that you are the kind mommy and ohh whine away if you please , We are here to support you...yeah i was here too to support her..its your honor that Egyptian guy posted here. No offense.

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Timeline

lemme correct this to you ...she is the POSTER but she doesn't OWN the thread...its not hers only...its OURS...and if it was her's then we shouldn't post on it or help her...and you dont seem to know the meaning of inspiration ...everyone has his own way in expressing things..you use YOUR way..i will USE mind.

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.