Armenia

Help with interpreting NVC letter

9 posts in this topic

I submitted two police certificates (Philippines and Canada) with my DS-230. I got an RFE for the Canada Police Certificate because (most probably) I obtained my Canada Police Certificate a couple of months before leaving Canada (I am in the Philippines right now). I thought that both police certificates were valid for an entire year. It turned out that's only true for my Philippine NBI clearance. I learned later that the foreign police certificate should have covered up to the last day of my stay in Canada.

Anyway, my Canada police certificate is "still being processed" by the RCMP (Canadian police). It might take until December before it's done. My Philippine police certificate expires at the end of November so I wrote the NVC and asked if I should submit another Philippine police certificate considering that my Philippine police certificate would already be expired by the time they receive my Canada police certificate and resume processing my DS-230/CR1 visa application.

Their reply was:

"The National Visa Center request that you inquiry about your Police Certificate from the Philippines be directed directly to post. "

What does post mean? By mail - as in send the inquiry via post/snail mail? Embassy - send the inquiry to the US Embassy Manila; doesn't make sense since my papers are still with NVC, not the US Embassy in Manila?

"A letter was mailed to the Agent of Choice or Attorney of Record requesting the amendment of previously submitted applicant forms and/or required applicant documents that have not been submitted. The documents listed on the letter and/or the amended forms must be submitted to the NVC in order to complete the processing of this petition."

I do not know if they are referring to the RFE letter they mailed before requesting a Canada Police certificate or if they are referring to a NEW RFE letter requesting a new Philippine police certificate.

I'm trying to call NVC (603-334-0700) but have not been able to get through (always busy) which is why I'm asking here in case others have an idea what the letter means? BTW, last August, I have been trying daily and hourly to call NVC but not once have I been able to get through. It was always busy.

I'm thinking I should just go ahead and mail NVC another Philippine police certificate. It's cheap anyway.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I submitted two police certificates (Philippines and Canada) with my DS-230. I got an RFE for the Canada Police Certificate because (most probably) I obtained my Canada Police Certificate a couple of months before leaving Canada (I am in the Philippines right now). I thought that both police certificates were valid for an entire year. It turned out that's only true for my Philippine NBI clearance. I learned later that the foreign police certificate should have covered up to the last day of my stay in Canada.

Anyway, my Canada police certificate is "still being processed" by the RCMP (Canadian police). It might take until December before it's done. My Philippine police certificate expires at the end of November so I wrote the NVC and asked if I should submit another Philippine police certificate considering that my Philippine police certificate would already be expired by the time they receive my Canada police certificate and resume processing my DS-230/CR1 visa application.

Their reply was:

"The National Visa Center request that you inquiry about your Police Certificate from the Philippines be directed directly to post. "

What does post mean? By mail - as in send the inquiry via post/snail mail? Embassy - send the inquiry to the US Embassy Manila; doesn't make sense since my papers are still with NVC, not the US Embassy in Manila?

"A letter was mailed to the Agent of Choice or Attorney of Record requesting the amendment of previously submitted applicant forms and/or required applicant documents that have not been submitted. The documents listed on the letter and/or the amended forms must be submitted to the NVC in order to complete the processing of this petition."

I do not know if they are referring to the RFE letter they mailed before requesting a Canada Police certificate or if they are referring to a NEW RFE letter requesting a new Philippine police certificate.

I'm trying to call NVC (603-334-0700) but have not been able to get through (always busy) which is why I'm asking here in case others have an idea what the letter means? BTW, last August, I have been trying daily and hourly to call NVC but not once have I been able to get through. It was always busy.

I'm thinking I should just go ahead and mail NVC another Philippine police certificate. It's cheap anyway.

I am thinking post means Embassy... and call later in the evening around 10:30 pm I always got thru, I suggest that before you do anything you speak to someone at NVC first...

Edited by mamamimi

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I am thinking post means Embassy... and call later in the evening around 10:30 pm I always got thru, I suggest that before you do anything you speak to someone at NVC first...

Yes Emily. Post is U.S Consulate.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

From this, it looks like you need to send it to NVC.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline

Yes Emily. Post is U.S Consulate.

Loto

I feel so smart!!:wow: hahahaha!! but seriously if it's just a police certificate he could bring to embassy and not be delayed like this...just my opinion!!! :P

Edited by mamamimi

I feel so smart!!:wow: hahahaha!! but seriously if it's just a police certificate he could bring to embassy and not be delayed like this...just my opinion!!! :P

I'm still at the NVC stage. The DS-230 papers are still with NVC, not with the embassy so I cannot just appear at the embassy and tell them I have a police certificate for them.

Timeline

Sorry It was directed to Loto and it was an opinion. I feel that if it's a simple thing you should have the option of either sending to NVC or bringing to interview. It was never meant as a reply for what you should do I apologize. Good luck to you!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm still at the NVC stage. The DS-230 papers are still with NVC, not with the embassy so I cannot just appear at the embassy and tell them I have a police certificate for them.

No, but you COULD email NVC back, and tell them that YOU WILL BRING CURRENT police certificates to the Embassy on Interview Day.

If they 'accept yer answer' then expect a checklist letter about it, but with wording 'must bring to Embassy' .

if you don't like to email - wei - get yer USC Spouse to call NVC, get a Supervisor Human, and have a detailed conversation about police clearance certificates, expiration dates, and newly issued certificates.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

If a Philippines police certificate is cheap as you say then I would advise getting a new one. It will not be much use asking if you need to, because if they say "no" that doesn't mean that you won't get to the interview and be told that you do need a new one. I would advise you to get it and then send it to the NVC with the Canadian one when you get it. That way it won't get lost or anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.