BelleSade

Cancelling visa application

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think the OP is being very wise and whilst the time apart will be hard, to put extra financial pressure into the mix can be lethal.

I, myself, got my visa issued 3 weeks ago however I'm not flying back to the US for another 4 1/2 weeks purely so I can work a little longer and save a little more money towards the AOS and wedding. I pine for my boy every single day but I dont want to add extra stress of him having to pay for everything because I cant contribute to the mix.

If they truely want to be together long term, which I dont believe is in doubt, then the can apply again for the K1 when the time is right and I wish all the best of luck to them :)

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The OP has her answer regarding how to "cancel" the visa application.

I think what the others are saying in a roundabout way is to make sure that they (OP & fiance) have considered what waiting will do to their finances versus getting it over with now. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with the costs of everything and think giving up for the time being is going to save us. What may seem like saving money right now may not be saving in the long run. The questions that came up for me reading this were:

1- Were these financial obstacles thought about before paying the filing fee for the petition? If so, how were they thought to be overcome at that time and why has it changed?

2- Has the OP considered that maintaining the international relationship over a few years may very likely cost more plus the added cost of filing for her fiance (or spouse if they decide to get married)?

3- Is there no way that the fiance can do odd jobs and save the money in preparation for his life here?

4- Does the OP's university have "marriage housing"?

5- Since the OP's parents would want them out after about two weeks would they be willing to co-sign for an apartment (even a studio apartment) for them?

1. Yes, but the unemployment rate in my state has increased to an estimated 60% rate, my fiancé does not speak Spanish (essential in this territory), he does not not drive as well, limiting his chances to find a job. We were going to pay for it using the money given to us by his fahter for the wedding (8,000). The visa is the least of the problems; it's the AOS, finding a place to live, a job, transport, etc, that would leave us screwed.

2. Yes. He has an excellent job in his country. It's not worth giving it up for living here, where he will make less than half than what he does for the same job in Sydney, assuming he gets the job at all.

3. We have, but the visa process has gotten more expensive between police checks, documents, etc. We simply don't have and won't have enough. The minimum wage here is $4.25 an hour, and his job here (which is highly unlikely that he gets one because of the language issue and the driving issue... public transport here is non-existant) would pay at very most $15,000 a year. Not to mention that because he doesn't drive and I have no car we have to live in the city, making our rent much much higher.

4. None at all, and even if there was, he couldn't get from my uni's housing area to his probable work area via public transport.

5. I tried this and my parents said no, because my stepfather has barely gotten any work so my parents are struggling as well.

I know this is terrible and I never wanted to come to this, but I don't see how we can live with no money and barely scraping enough for the visa. If he works and we marry after I graduate and I continue my growing business, we can save up more money, making getting the visa less stressful on us economically and we could have enough money for rent and getting a car. He is still applying for jobs here but unless that near impossible event of him getting a job here works out, I don't see another way.

I just know this is the best thing for us. We are willing to work this out. We know that marriage is difficult and challenging at times as it is, we don't want to add incredible financial stress like this right from the get-go.

The good thing is is that we already know what documents we need and such so when we re-file, we'll know what to do and it'll be that much easier and it'll take us less time to fill out everything. I've put the necesarry documents in a box, along with the evidence and such, so I know exactly what to do next time.

Anyway thanks for your support everyone, and we will surely be back with some good news that we've gotten the visa and we're finally married and living together! :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sounds like you two are working together as a team and that is a good sign for the future of your relationship.

Think clearly and about all.

Make a plan and work that plan; you will come out on top in the end.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Sounds like y'all have covered the bases. It's very encouraging to me at least to see it's not just being overwhelmed with everything that's causing this. As I said, I went through this myself so I really understand. I can't wait to read your post that y'all have finally been reunited. (L)

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear this... Wouldn't you be better off together and broke than apart and broke though? Maybe I am a romantic, but I think that I would rather do near the impossible to be with my loved one, even if we had to survive on Ramen Noodles and Spam to make ends meet... Whatever decision you take, I wish you good luck.

I feel the same way. I love my fiance wether or not we were broke and in the gutter. I want to spend the rest of my life with her and I will do whatever it takes to do so.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.