mike t

G-325A question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ok, my second question posted since becoming a member of visajourney.com. as of september 3rd 2010, i am an engaged man to a wonderful woman just outside of odessa, ukraine. that was my second trip to see her. i met her in march of this year, i made my first trip to see her in may, my second trip obviously in september. going back in january for two more weeks. upon my srrival to the states, we began our visa journey. we both have studied this process, read the guides, downloaded the instructions of all forms, read front to back a hundred times at least, and still have some very basic questions. but they are lmited to these tiny "should i, or shouldn't i" questions regarding simple things like this;

my first question regarding her(beneficiary) g-325a form. applicants residence last five years, she lists her current address from when she began living there thru present, no problem so far. she lived there much longer than 5 years. so there is only one entry in that section. just below it asks for applicants last address outside the united states of more than one year. should she leave it blank or should she re-enter the same address from above with start date thru date that she signs the form? my feeling is that since she is the beneficiary it is a given that she is already outside the united states and should put N/A since in the section above, it already states that she is and has been living outside the united states for over 6 years. and lastly, near the bottom it wants her name in native alphabet if other than roman letters. should she write this in by hand with pen in her native alphabet of russian or is it ok to type that line in her native russian alphabet while filling out the rest of the form on her computer? i know she must sign the g-325a form in ink, i believe in blue preferably as well as her "letter of intent to marry".

i may be looking too much into this, but like most good folks, i just want to do right by her and not have any cause for their to be a reason for the USCIS to issue an RFE. she is the most important person in my life and i love her dearly! thanks visajourney in advance, mike in k.c.

Sent I-129f 11/06/2010
Received NOA1 11/12/2010
Received NOA2 06/01/2011
Package left NVC 06/17/2011
Interview date 08/19/2011
Result: Approved
Visa issued 08/19/2011
USA Entry date 10/12/2011
Marriage date 12/31/2011
201 days from NOA1 until NOA2
280 days from NOA1 until Interview date
Had "Massive BRAIN FART" 03/28/2012!!!

Sent I-130 09/24/2013
Received NOA1 09/30/2013

NOA2 03/25/2014

NVC received petition 04/09/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

my first question regarding her(beneficiary) g-325a form. applicants residence last five years, she lists her current address from when she began living there thru present, no problem so far. she lived there much longer than 5 years. so there is only one entry in that section. just below it asks for applicants last address outside the united states of more than one year. should she leave it blank or should she re-enter the same address from above with start date thru date that she signs the form?

I had the exact same situation as you do. My Wife and I (Fiancée at the time) filled out this form I put the address in two places, it's best to not leave blanks or "assume" they realize anything!

and lastly, near the bottom it wants her name in native alphabet if other than roman letters. should she write this in by hand with pen in her native alphabet of russian or is it ok to type that line in her native russian alphabet while filling out the rest of the form on her computer?

I had her type it in her native alphabet . .. Since she is Ukrainian I think it's best done in that language but some have don it in Russian with no problem.

i know she must sign the g-325a form in ink, i believe in blue preferably as well as her "letter of intent to marry".

Forms require black to be used to fill out the forms but I agree that they can't mistake blue as a copy when signing.

i may be looking too much into this, but like most good folks, i just want to do right by her and not have any cause for their to be a reason for the USCIS to issue an RFE. she is the most important person in my life and i love her dearly!

Being careful is the best way to go. Dot every " I " and cross every " T "... and yes we all know that Ukrainian women are incredible! kicking.gif

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it wants her name in native alphabet if other than roman letters. should she write this in by hand with pen in her native alphabet of russian or is it ok to type that line in her native russian alphabet while filling out the rest of the form on her computer?

Russian is not an alphabet.... Cyrillic is an alphabet

YMMV

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Russian is not an alphabet.... Cyrillic is an alphabet

yes, obviously that is correct...while i was drafting my questions, i used the words russian language a few times, backspaced and changed it up with similar wording used in the actual form. should have said, native but i was also wanting to express that it was non-roman. i should have caught it. thanks guys for the help, mike in k.c.

Sent I-129f 11/06/2010
Received NOA1 11/12/2010
Received NOA2 06/01/2011
Package left NVC 06/17/2011
Interview date 08/19/2011
Result: Approved
Visa issued 08/19/2011
USA Entry date 10/12/2011
Marriage date 12/31/2011
201 days from NOA1 until NOA2
280 days from NOA1 until Interview date
Had "Massive BRAIN FART" 03/28/2012!!!

Sent I-130 09/24/2013
Received NOA1 09/30/2013

NOA2 03/25/2014

NVC received petition 04/09/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.