triaxiom

What if your other half develops a friendship...

?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be an issue?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you be suspicous of your OH's intents?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you be suspicous of your OH's new friend's intents?

• Yes
    • No

55 posts in this topic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Oops. I voted before I read the post.

Oh well. Answers would be the same, I reckon.

I trust Sian completely. It would not be an issue. I would not be suspicious of her intent. I probably would be a little suspicious of the male friend's intentions, though.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Not an issue..No problem with me..Gary have all my trust completely and Im very confident with our relationship,I know and I believe that I am his One And Only Woman!Besides I have a few male friends and its not a big deal to him.

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

While I'll admit freely that I'd be a little jealous, especially if said person started taking up the time he'd spend with me usually via the telephone or the internet, I'd still trust him. Harry has made it so very clear to me that I'm the one he wants to be with, and I believe him. I have friends of the opposite sex who are close to me, and he trusts me, so that is very much returned.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

An issue? yes. Unless she's tomboyish, nerd or not a threat. :devil:

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I too trust my husband explicitly. However, that being said... my husbands still keeps in contact with his ex (right before me)..... I trust him... but still bugs me a little :blush: I try not to let it... I trust him, but not her. We all know what women can be like.... :huh:

Angela

***I751***

01/06/2009 - Mailed I-751 with Fee (Day 1)

01/09/2009 - Check Cashed (Day 3)

01/15/2009 - NOA received (Day 9)

02/05/2009 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 30)

06/10/2009 - Approval!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
While I'll admit freely that I'd be a little jealous, especially if said person started taking up the time he'd spend with me usually via the telephone or the internet, I'd still trust him. Harry has made it so very clear to me that I'm the one he wants to be with, and I believe him. I have friends of the opposite sex who are close to me, and he trusts me, so that is very much returned.

O/T--Hey-arazia-Did you know there is a Netherlands thread also in Regional disscussions? :)

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Neither of us have friendships with members of the opposite sex (except for married or otherwise unavailable people), and neither of us have any desire to. It's a cultural thing for him, for me it's just the way it is.

Yanno what I find funny......

Overwhelmingly (in the 66% right now) no one would have a probbo

also in the 80% no one would doubt our partners..

yet over 50% would doubt the friend.

I find that akin to when a partner cheats, the other blames the third party. If you trust your partner...that also means trusting your partner to make good judgement calls with people...so why project what (seems to me) as being uncomfortable with a mixed sex friendship onto a person you've never met? Just come outright and say so...because if you doubt the friend, then that 66% is wrong cos ppl are lying, maybe even to themselves

That's just the way I see it!

Edited by LisaD

I find that akin to when a partner cheats, the other blames the third party. If you trust your partner...that also means trusting your partner to make good judgement calls with people...so why project what (seems to me) as being uncomfortable with a mixed sex friendship onto a person you've never met? Just come outright and say so...because if you doubt the friend, then that 66% is wrong cos ppl are lying, maybe even to themselves

Friendships can often lead elsewhere.

It does take two to tango, but I've often seen mixed sex friendships where one party clearly has a desire to be more than friends, even if the other party is oblivious to the fact

Big meanie.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would not care if my fiance had a guy friend.. I would trust her .. and I would trust the guy .. because they would know that if he touched her I would stab him .. ahahhaha :P .. But I know my fiance would never cheat on me and I would never cheat on her.. so no big deal. But again he touches her .. I stab him. :P

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline
O/T--Hey-arazia-Did you know there is a Netherlands thread also in Regional disscussions? :)

I saw, but most of the conversation seems to be in Dutch. I don't actually understand the Dutch language, my fiancee' speaks quite fluent English so this has never been a problem.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Friendships can often lead elsewhere.

It does take two to tango, but I've often seen mixed sex friendships where one party clearly has a desire to be more than friends, even if the other party is oblivious to the fact

Of course I agree with you completely...they CAN...but what I'm saying is, people are lying on the poll.

Now it's 64% saying they would be suspicious of the friend yet 80% wouldn't be suspicious of the partner. Why suspicion on another person? Why place the 'sinister motives' on the other individual only?

But my main point is 64% have a probbo with the friend, yet 60% say there would be no issue with the friendship. To me, these two figures contradict each other. If you have a suspicion then you have problem -I'm not saying this in the 'you have a problem with yourself' insulty way, but suspicion is a problem, no? it denotes that you're not entirey comfortable with a situation.

So if there's a problem, it's an issue

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
So during your seperation of however many miles it is, your OH develops what seems to be a close (take your mind out the gutter) friendship with someone of the opposite sex...

Issue?

Well, I have a friend who's fiance had an affair with a "friend", got pregnant and had an abortion. She didn't tell her fiance about (she told him she is a virgin). Now she's in the US with him and due to be married in a month. The rumors are getting around and making their way back to him but he doesn't believe it.

Looks like a "train wreck" about to happen here, folks ...