9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone! its me again. so im still in AP and its been 6 months of AP. and i saw someone case that is almost the same as mine and they got denyed. and i wanted to get you guy's opinion.

heres the case. http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104210

So heres my case. we had our proxy done in june. we filled in Aug. i made my first visit to visit my hubby in early march and we had our wedding and pictures from that time. but according to that persons case the proxy marriage has to be consummated subsequent to the marriage and before the time of filing the petition. i can prove with wedding pictures and such that the marriage was consummated subsquent to the marrige but not before filling the petition.

so im getting worried now since it has been 6 months and nothing new has happened. and if were denyed would be have to file for a fiance' visa?

Wow that sounds alot like my case too. I hope it wont result in a denial

Good luck!

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

of course you will be denied...read the letter again. You didnt submit the evidence requiered to meet the minimum requirements of the law.

Hyst fike again now that you meet the requirements/

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

no the letter is not mine. its someone else who also did a proxy......

It is still the law....read it again..the same will happen to you/

Getting past the USCIS is the easy part.

It's proving that you have a valid relationship is the difficult part in muslim countries.

Withdraw the original petiton. Make sure it's without prejudice on their part, and file again.

Did you get married in a state where proxy marriages are legal...they tend to nitpick and make sure that everything is dont correctoy.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hey everyone! its me again. so im still in AP and its been 6 months of AP. and i saw someone case that is almost the same as mine and they got denyed. and i wanted to get you guy's opinion.

heres the case. http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104210

So heres my case. we had our proxy done in june. we filled in Aug. i made my first visit to visit my hubby in early march and we had our wedding and pictures from that time. but according to that persons case the proxy marriage has to be consummated subsequent to the marriage and before the time of filing the petition. i can prove with wedding pictures and such that the marriage was consummated subsquent to the marrige but not before filling the petition.

so im getting worried now since it has been 6 months and nothing new has happened. and if were denyed would be have to file for a fiance' visa?

? My question is why would file your petition after you do a "Proxy Marriage" and before its acceptable to USCIS to further complicate an already convoluted and somewhat difficult process? It seems the simple answer is fly to your spouses country, get a nice hotel room and since your are in the same place at same time USCIS can "confirm" your consummation. Take some photo's together and have a nice honeymoon and then resubmit the application.

Why would you file a fiance visa application after you are already married? That makes no sense.

It would not hurt to make a call to an attorney but looking at what the USCIS is telling you they simply want you to refile AFTER the marriage is consummated, so it may be they will deny the petition, and you can simply refile. So all the rush to file early before you were actually eligible was a waste of time and money.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Wow that sounds alot like my case too. I hope it wont result in a denial

Good luck!

That may be the "reason" for "AP", the consular officer might have picked up something maybe USCIS missed, that you were not eligible to file the I130 at the time you filed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.