oliveAaRon

Just Got My EAD....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guys just got my EAD and i've been applying for a job already but im still waiting for my social security # its still on process till 4 weeks coz they couldnt verify my EAD which is a pain and i couldnt really seriously concentrate in applying coz everytime i apply online they ask for SSN thats why i couldnt go thru my application although i have my authorization to work but still they need SSN to do background check..its such a pain...im so frustrated already coz i wanted to work...i am frm apopka, florida anyone near these place actually since i got here in US i really never had close friend that is filipina also like me..Its still nice to talk to same culture like yours coz u tend to have lots of things u talk about...iba tlga pag.pinoy...kababayan kng malapit lng kau sa area ko in apopka, florida just message i'd love to talk to you guys....

Fill in your timeline, please. Without the basic information of what visa you entered the country on, then it is very difficult to help you.

If you came in on a K1 Visa, you could have gotten you SSN card after 10 days of entering the country. If you waited to apply for this untill closer to the 90 day expiry of your I94, then i think i am correct in saying that you will have to wait until your EAD is approved. I'm sure someone with more experience than me will come along to answer your question better than i can.

But please fill in your timeline

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there ameribrit yeah sorry about that im just a new member here thats why i forgot to put my timeline well i got here with a k1 visa and it was too late for me to realize that i can already get my SSN when i first got here well what i was thinking before is that i'll just get when i get ready to work and now i realizes it was so important thats why its a lesson learn and right now i just have to wait for it i guess..

Getting the SSN before the EAD would have been a great idea (you would not have been authorized to work anyway because you still need the EAD), so don't feel bad...the maximum time for processing a SSN is 30 days, but I got mine in less than 14 days. You could try talking to the SS office to see if they can give you a printout of the number (which is what I did...my husband and I went to the local SS office in Tallahassee, FL to get the printout...and then of course when I came home and checked my mail that afternoon, the SSN card was already sitting there in the mailbox :P too funny...)

Employers need the number, not the card, in most cases...so if you have the print out of the number you can technically start applying because you have the EAD naman...it takes employers at least 2 weeks to respond so that still gives you time to wait for the SSN card to arrive.

hi there ameribrit yeah sorry about that im just a new member here thats why i forgot to put my timeline well i got here with a k1 visa and it was too late for me to realize that i can already get my SSN when i first got here well what i was thinking before is that i'll just get when i get ready to work and now i realizes it was so important thats why its a lesson learn and right now i just have to wait for it i guess..

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.