Sand

Questions Needs Answers

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi guys and ladies, well well well time is coming lol, i got some questions and i would like for u guys to help me with it, Thanks alot.

Question 1- is, on the very top of the N-400 Application it says.

Print clearly or type your answers using CAPITAL letters. Failure to print clearly may delay your application. Use black ink. so, should i write all the application with Capital L .?

Question 2- Part 6. Information about your residence and employment.

Where have you worked (or, if you were a student, what schools did you attend) during the last five years? Include military service.

Begin with your current or latest employer and then list every place you have worked or studied for the last five years. If you need

more space, use a separate sheet of paper.

I have never worked since i arrived to the USA, and i dont know if this can cause a problem when i go to my interview, but i have had been in some English lessons. should i mention that? that i took english lessons or they meant different active school and college?? because the lessons were no more than 1 year and in a different schools and colleges.

Now last question for today lol.

D. Good Moral Character.

16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer

(including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason? I checked yes, the reason is because of my only 1 speeding ticket, Now i was giving ticket worth $250 i paid it with no problem, but if u scroll down on N400 application u will see.

[Why were you arrested, cited,detained or charged?] I put <Speeding Ticket>

now this what i dont understand, what option should i use. [Outcome or disposition of the

arrest, citation, detention or charge(No charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation, etc.)?

by the way i dint go to jail or anything,

Thanks for help.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Timeline

Mmmm nothing yet!

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys and ladies, well well well time is coming lol, i got some questions and i would like for u guys to help me with it, Thanks alot.

Question 1- is, on the very top of the N-400 Application it says.

Print clearly or type your answers using CAPITAL letters. Failure to print clearly may delay your application. Use black ink. so, should i write all the application with Capital L .?

Question 2- Part 6. Information about your residence and employment.

Where have you worked (or, if you were a student, what schools did you attend) during the last five years? Include military service.

Begin with your current or latest employer and then list every place you have worked or studied for the last five years. If you need

more space, use a separate sheet of paper.

I have never worked since i arrived to the USA, and i dont know if this can cause a problem when i go to my interview, but i have had been in some English lessons. should i mention that? that i took english lessons or they meant different active school and college?? because the lessons were no more than 1 year and in a different schools and colleges.

Now last question for today lol.

D. Good Moral Character.

16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer

(including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason? I checked yes, the reason is because of my only 1 speeding ticket, Now i was giving ticket worth $250 i paid it with no problem, but if u scroll down on N400 application u will see.

[Why were you arrested, cited,detained or charged?] I put <Speeding Ticket>

now this what i dont understand, what option should i use. [Outcome or disposition of the

arrest, citation, detention or charge(No charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation, etc.)?

by the way i dint go to jail or anything,

Thanks for help.

Wow, did I screw up on our N-400, only capitalized proper names, very neatly typed, but they didn't say anything about that, wife still got her certificate. But I see they used all capital letters on her certificate, guess I really never paid much attention to that, but somehow got away with it. Could never type in those long Spanish addresses either using all caps. Not an address, a book is more like it. So I gather you should use all caps to be safe. I personally find all caps difficult to read.

Should list all of your schools, plenty of blanks for that.

According to the instructions, don't have to list traffic violations if no one was killed or injured and the fine was less than 500 bucks. Hard to say, your IO could get irritated by listing that, says you haven't followed the form instructions.

As strict as my wife's IO was, wife said she never mentioned we not using all caps. Just asked her.

Timeline

Hi NickD, thanks for help, it was helpful, but the thing i cant find on the N-400 Instruction is about the traffic ticket, it doesnt say anything about it, it says

(including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason?

i thought traffic ticket is "citation" .. by the way i got the ticket in GA , while i was in vacation, and i didn't go the court because wasn't required. all what i did is i sent the money order to them and i got the receipt. .. but i could be mistaking. would u tell me where can i find, that i dont have to mention about the traffic ticket ont he instruction?? because i cant find it,

Thank alot NickD,

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi NickD, thanks for help, it was helpful, but the thing i cant find on the N-400 Instruction is about the traffic ticket, it doesnt say anything about it, it says

(including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason?

i thought traffic ticket is "citation" .. by the way i got the ticket in GA , while i was in vacation, and i didn't go the court because wasn't required. all what i did is i sent the money order to them and i got the receipt. .. but i could be mistaking. would u tell me where can i find, that i dont have to mention about the traffic ticket ont he instruction?? because i cant find it,

Thank alot NickD,

You have not only to read the N-400 instructions, by the way if you read the top right of page 5, you would find that bit on traffic violations, but have to read the M-476 manual as well.

On the N-400 USCIS site page:

"Special Instructions :Please note: A Guide to Naturalization (Form M-476) provides important information about citizenship eligibility requirements and processing procedures. The Form N-400 application instructions often refer to information in the Guide. Therefore you should read the Guide carefully before filing this form."

I think you dont need further documentation if the traffic citation was issued, but you need to disclose them. The question does not ask which violation appears on your record, so even if the citation resulted in a fine of less than $500 and you werent arrested, you should still mention that in your app. The question asks: "Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained..." and a traffic violation is definitely a citation.

You have to be upfront with these info, better provide as much info needed than be denied for lack of good moral character. People get denied just because of simple traffic violation not disclosed in the application or at the interview. Questions on N400 are tricky, lying under oath could be a simple reason for denying your naturalization application.

Timeline

Thanks alot, But i see some people who checked the 4 Questions with Yes.

#15. Have you ever committed a crime or offense for which you were not arrested?

#16. Have you ever been arrested, cited , or detained by law enforcement officer for any reason?

#17. Have you ever been charged with committing any crime or offense?

#18. Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense?

So speeding ticket isn't citation? or offense?

so should i check them all, and add an explanation sheet that it was a speeding ticket!

Game Over.

moving violation is a violation, an offense for which you are cited. if i were to answer the questions, I will put yes on all 4. make sure though that your detailed summary explains what the citation/offense is. clear, simple, and concise.

Timeline

Hi, jay2. Thanks for ur replay, and i think yes, this what i am going to do. and i guess i am going to make an infopass, just double check. or call them.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, you would disclose the speeding ticket and answer 'yes' to the questions that asked 'have you ever been . . . ". You can write in beside it 'speeding ticket' if you like and you will have a place to explain why you answered yes. You do not have to provide any more documentary evidence for the speeding ticket, however - they just need to know about it - and no, it shouldn't cause you any problems at all with the interview or becoming a citizen. Bring the documentation you have about the speeding ticket to the interview and if they want to see it, you will have it. They probably won't but they will confirm with you that you did have a speeding ticket, and then just move on in the interview.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Yes, you would disclose the speeding ticket and answer 'yes' to the questions that asked 'have you ever been . . . ". You can write in beside it 'speeding ticket' if you like and you will have a place to explain why you answered yes. You do not have to provide any more documentary evidence for the speeding ticket, however - they just need to know about it - and no, it shouldn't cause you any problems at all with the interview or becoming a citizen. Bring the documentation you have about the speeding ticket to the interview and if they want to see it, you will have it. They probably won't but they will confirm with you that you did have a speeding ticket, and then just move on in the interview.

Thanks Kathryn41, well, then i am going to check all of them.

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.