tany1157

Sending baked goods to Morocco

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Has anyone done this? Are there any restrictions? I want to send some of my baked goodies to his family for the end of Ramadan, but not sure how. A google search didn't give me much info...Thanks for the help!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I probably wouldn't. Sometimes things get there in a few days and sometimes a few weeks...and sometimes never...

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

I just mailed a package to Morocco that weighed only 2.2 lbs and I uysed the GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL service which has a minimum fee of $147 PLUS. It advertises to get to destinations 1-3 days but my receipt printed out 7 days and the postal clerk re-checked it in the system and it said again 7 days.....I mailed the package on Saturday the 28th and the tracking shows it made it through customs on 9/1 after it left here in Alabama, went to Memphis, to Paris-France to Madrid Spain and then on to Morocco! It says enroute to him today...Here is a link I found with some guidelines.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071015002214AAgJcit

I probably wouldn't. Sometimes things get there in a few days and sometimes a few weeks...and sometimes never...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was thinking the same thing!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just mailed a package to Morocco that weighed only 2.2 lbs and I uysed the GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL service which has a minimum fee of $147 PLUS. It advertises to get to destinations 1-3 days but my receipt printed out 7 days and the postal clerk re-checked it in the system and it said again 7 days.....I mailed the package on Saturday the 28th and the tracking shows it made it through customs on 9/1 after it left here in Alabama, went to Memphis, to Paris-France to Madrid Spain and then on to Morocco! It says enroute to him today...Here is a link I found with some guidelines.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071015002214AAgJcit

:wow: thats crazy

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Yes I spent $147 and if it had of weighed more, the cost would have been MORE! It's not crazy when you have a 4 week interview and you were told you did not make the September list and you will be notified by the second week of October for the October interviews and at last minute NVC sent you the interview for September......... and I had sent twice mail to my husband by using the regular postal service USPS EXPRESS which I paid about $45-70 depending on the weight of the package, and it took 4 and 5 weeks and the last was misplaced at the Consulate and never made it to him without him hunting it down...(delayed our case at NVC)...so this time I still used the regular post office but GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL which has a FLAT RATE of $147!!!! Luckily..... my package was our wedding/honey-moon, memories, marriage celebration, all collaged with nice poems and notes which is our book of our relationship/marriage to have as a keepsake....and yes i wanted him to have it at his interview and with a CR-1 your PACKET 4 is YOUR APPOINTMENT letter and he needed this letter that was sent in an e-mail form,at with a .PDF file to take to his interview and BEFORE he can do his medical, he had to have this appointment letter so I sent him a copy along with our last months of phone records and proof I was separated from my husband for 4 years buying my own place and proof from the utility office and my contract on my home with phone numbers and names and evidence that can be verified through government records my EX addresses over the years where he applied for SSI and disability which also included him living at the address with his girlfriend .....so yes it had to get there safely since all the Consulate would see is I was Legally divorced from my ex just 90 days my first trip and over a year now, incase they saw it as a red flag so I covered myself.........FED EX was going to cost the same thing and DHL was going to be higher and some didn't have high regards for DHL..........mailed on saturday.....made it to Casablanca on the 1st & through customs, and delivered in his hands YESTERDAY!!! Now he doesn't have to run all over the place to see who can print out pdf file since he doesn't havea printer and he has our evidences and photos if he is asked or questioned about it.....Is $147 too much to try and get my husband home??? I don't think so....baked goods, yes!!!...but if you meant our mailing system sucks for over-charging?? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lisa_Mohammed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've sent food to Morocco and have had no trouble with just regular international priority mail. I'd just wrap the stuff up really well in saran wrap and be sure it's sealed because it still takes a week 1/2 to two weeks. It's not our mail that makes it slow, it's theirs. :P

Sarah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.