Miss Sparkle

Oh nooo will we get problems now??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My fiancé mailed in the petition on June 22nd from Sweden, it should have reached them absolutely no later than July 3rd. We got the NO1 with a receipt date of July 25th, I guess that's actually when they registered the case. I've read somewhere they stamp the petition the same day it arrives and then it takes time before it's processed. Then I see on USCIS website there's an updated version of the petition now! The one we sent in expired on June 30th. Which date will they care about? When it arrives? Processed? Signed? Sent? What will happen? We did send and sign the petition before the expiry date of the form... how picky are they?

Please does anyone know?? :unsure:

My fiancé mailed in the petition on June 22nd from Sweden, it should have reached them absolutely no later than July 3rd. We got the NO1 with a receipt date of July 25th, I guess that's actually when they registered the case. I've read somewhere they stamp the petition the same day it arrives and then it takes time before it's processed. Then I see on USCIS website there's an updated version of the petition now! The one we sent in expired on June 30th. Which date will they care about? When it arrives? Processed? Signed? Sent? What will happen? We did send and sign the petition before the expiry date of the form... how picky are they?

The problem isn't that the form will expire. The problem is the old form does not have the IMBRA questions on it. They will accept the petition. It's just now you will get a RFE for IMBRA. Just wait for it. They will send you the RFE soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The problem isn't that the form will expire. The problem is the old form does not have the IMBRA questions on it. They will accept the petition. It's just now you will get a RFE for IMBRA. Just wait for it. They will send you the RFE soon.

So we will get an RFE even if they can see we did not meet through a marriage broker? Will they send us just those questions then? Is this bad for the process? Ten million questions... sorry. Thanks for answering!!

So we will get an RFE even if they can see we did not meet through a marriage broker? Will they send us just those questions then? Is this bad for the process? Ten million questions... sorry. Thanks for answering!!

Yes, even though you didn't meet through a MB, you'll get the RFE. Everyone who filed after March the 6th does. It has to do with the new IMBRA law (you'll find much more on this all over VJ). For some unknown reasons, the process is very slow for the moment, at least for some among us, for others it goes fast. So hopefully, you'll be lucky and speed through this process!!!!

23 Mar 06 - NOA 1 from CSC (transfered from TSC)

23 Jun 06 - RFE sent by USCIS:

08 Jul 06 - RFE reply received by USCIS:

11 Jul 06 - Touched (to confirm receipt IMBRA RFE on the 8th)

13 Aug 06 - e-mailed USCIS

14 Aug 06 - Rec e-mail saying they do not respond to e-mails

14 Aug 06 - Rec Not 1,but 3, e-mails case status change, they responded to my e-mail, requesting more Info

16 Aug 06 - touched for the very first time, FEELS SOOOOOO GOOD!

18 Aug 06 - tried calling USCIS,

8 Sept 06 - called USCIS-CSC Info line said they could not find any info on our recpt. #

12 Sept 06 - Contact with USCIS NSC - transfered to a imigration officer. said our case was being processed but unable to give me any info past that.

23 Sept 06 - Flew to Belgium to be with Inge, Get married and File DCF

24 Sept 06 - Received e-mail notification K-1 approved, What they waited forme to leava the US to approve???????????

24 Sept 06 Interview Date with police to be married in Belgium

27 Sept 06 Medical appointment for K-1 and DCF , We now have 2 options

31 Oct 06 Authorization from Brugge to Marry

10 Nov 06 MARRIED IN BELGIUM

13 Nov 06 Filed DCF for CR1 Immigrant Visa

20 Nov 06 Received CR1 Immigrant Visa

WE ARE GOING HOME ON DECEMBER 3rd, TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Don't panic. Lot's of people have gone through that. You will make it. Much luck on your further journey.

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Interoffice memorandum July 21, 2006

The revised Form I-129F became available to the public on June 15, 2006. USCIS will continue to accept older versions of Form I-129F for 30 days following that date (i.e. if post-marked on or before July 15, 2006). The revised Form I-129F has an expiration date of December 31, 2006, and indicated that prior versions will not be accepted. Therefore, after July 15, 2006, all new filings made on older versions of Form I-129F must be rejected. Petitioners should be directed to the USCIS website or forms request line to obtain the new form.

From what you've said you should be fine. Just wait for the RFE.

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.