VudoMenudo

Fiance Pregnant

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thuy said she met someone who had multiple with a USC children and still got denied multiple times... The woman had been denied and they refiled, she got denied again when Thuy met her... I just cant imagine Thuy having a child in a VN hospital... We wanted to have one this year but are waiting until she gets here...

OP: I hope your fiance doesnt have to do much traveling that late in her pregnancy... The fact that she is pregnant will not have an impact on the CO's perception or decision, only that it could add more to the process... DNA test etc...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I did not plan on the pregnant for my fiance. We do not get pregnant to make it easy to get a visa. Some people that suggest that are terrible. Should be shamed of yourself :(

It was accident my fiance got pregnant. We actually think it can hurt us for the interview, Not help us. That is why I come to ask for advises from you. But Mr. AnhMap said that it should not influence CO decision either way. It is nether good or bad. I hope this is the case.

Sent the I-129F petition to USCIS on Aug 20, 2010

I-129F Approved!!! Feb 7, 2011

Returned P3 to Consulate Mar 7, 2011

Interview Date May 20, 2011

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The member lovemyhuegirl ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/35078-lovemyhuegirl/ ) was given a blue slip pending the results of a DNA test. It aapears that his posts have gotten lost with the change to the new server. Mark Ellis threatened them with a federal lawsuit if anything happened to the baby during birth and they changed their mind.

Timeline

The member lovemyhuegirl ( http://www.visajourn...-lovemyhuegirl/ ) was given a blue slip pending the results of a DNA test. It aapears that his posts have gotten lost with the change to the new server. Mark Ellis threatened them with a federal lawsuit if anything happened to the baby during birth and they changed their mind.

here is the link for what happened to her

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/99145-interview-was-a-disaster/

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

here is the link for what happened to her

http://www.visajourn...was-a-disaster/

Good job Scott. Maybe it was him that was threatening the lawsuit, not Ellis. I do know they retained him, they got the visa and the baby was born in America. We talked a few times and they were living happily ever after in Iowa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You can also try getting in touch with "bweeks" for some advice. I believe his fiance was pregnant at the time of the interview and she was approved.

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Timeline

Good job Scott. Maybe it was him that was threatening the lawsuit, not Ellis. I do know they retained him, they got the visa and the baby was born in America. We talked a few times and they were living happily ever after in Iowa.

They retained him and he went to meet the head of the IU.. they caved when threatened with the reality/stupidity of what they were trying to do..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I did not plan on the pregnant for my fiance. We do not get pregnant to make it easy to get a visa. Some people that suggest that are terrible. Should be shamed of yourself :(

It was accident my fiance got pregnant. We actually think it can hurt us for the interview, Not help us. That is why I come to ask for advises from you. But Mr. AnhMap said that it should not influence CO decision either way. It is nether good or bad. I hope this is the case.

My comment was in response to Dau Que's comment about "those whose primary interest is to immigrate to the US and having babies is the only sure way to secure their purpose". The reality is that it is a very common misconception in Vietnam that having a baby will help clinch a spousal or fiancee visa. Obviously, you weren't thinking this because you've been worried it will actually hurt your case. Nobody, including me, was accusing you or your fiancee of getting pregnant in order to help get a visa.

I think you're misreading what Anh Map said. He said it wouldn't make your case any faster or easier, and it wasn't a reason for denial. That doesn't mean it won't influence the CO's decision at all. It could complicate things.

The CO's worst nightmare with a pregnant beneficiary is that the child is going to be born in the US, and automatically be granted US citizenship, and then it turns out that the petitioner is not the biological father. Not only would they have let a scammer get through (it's a safe bet the relationship wasn't "bona fide"), but they also allowed a child to obtain US citizenship by default when neither of it's biological parents were US citizens. Even if the girl doesn't manage to get and keep a green card based on the marriage, the child will be able to help her and many of her family members immigrate when it's 21 years old.

In order to avoid this scenario, there are a litany of questions the CO might want answered. Does the petitioner know about the pregnancy? Does the petitioner claim the child is his? Is there anything they can do to ENSURE that the petitioner is the biological parent? The answer to the last question is easy - find a reason to put the beneficiary's application in AP until after the child is born, and then demand a DNA test when the petitioner and beneficiary apply for a CRBA. This becomes substantially less complicated, with equally less chance it will affect the visa application in any way, if the child is born and the CRBA is obtained before the interview. This still won't convince them that the relationship is bona fide - they are aware that many VN girls believe that having a baby clinches the visa - but it does eliminate the potential obstacles of having a pregnant beneficiary show up for a visa interview.

Being pregnant doesn't increase or decrease your fiancee's chances of ultimately getting a visa. That will still be based on the "bona fides" of the relationship. It does, however, add another layer of complexity to your case. You should understand how this might affect the handling of your case, and be prepared to deal with it.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

:ot2:

The OP did not ask for family planning advice.. He is looking for insight about the interview.. anything other than that is uncalled for... and so inappropriate...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

a multitude of comments removed for thread hijacking and those quoting removed also. parts returned below:

If you have nothing productive to share, then please do not post. The guy came here to get help for his situation. He didn't come here to be judged by you.

OP, I am happy for you. I hope to experience the joy of father-hood some day :)

There is nothing you can do about the pregnancy now. It is what it is. During your next trip, try to get a DNA test done and ask your fiance to bring it with her to the interview. They may or may not accept it but for now that is the best that you can do. Best of luck and congrats on the baby!

Give people advice, not opinions.

Out of respect to the VJ forums, this will be my last comment about this particular case. I see that you have your opinions about this and I respect that. This is NOT the Dr. Phil forum. Who are you to put him on trial? The OP did not come on VJ to discuss the ways to have proper sex. This is an immigration discussion forum. He came here to ask for advise on how his fiance's pregnancy could affect their K1 process. In fact, he has been sending me PM's for most of the day because he wants advise. Instead of judging him on how to have proper sex, we should be advising him on the immigration procedure and the hurdles he now faces. If you cannot give proper immigration advise, then so be it. I just think it is out of line to be accusing him of not using condoms. This adds NOTHING of value towards the discussion of the K1 visa procedures. Got it? I am now finished with you.....

Your comments are not smart, your obviously not answering the OP question. Keep your judgemental comments to yourself and follow the forum. I think we need a moderator to intervene since this person doesn't listen.

judgmental comments removed and poster barred from this thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Just do a complete job of showing the development of your relationship from first contact/meeting to the present. That will be persuasive to the CO.

It sounds like you are approaching this properly. A well prepared submssion is a big plus for you and your fiancee.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I can tell you one thing when sponsoring someone, make sure you get more pluses than negatives.

1. Is all the requested documents submitted? Documents should be cleared and authentics

2. Can you pass the bonifide test? Pictures say a thousand words (places you visited, family events pics, etc.)and visit trips really help

3. Can you pass the income test? Above the require income level

4. Is there any red flags? Submit supporting documents for any potential red flags (divorce paper, any major legal run in with the law, etc.)

5. Was the information arranged CHRONOLOGICALLY for the interviewed?

If you address the above then I think you chances of passing is over 80%. It worked for me.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My wife got here in the U.S. in February 2008. She came here on a K-1 visa. She interviewed in November of 2007. She was pregnant at time of interview. My fiance received a blue paper first. I was there at the interview and then I submitted the additional documents the next day. I received a green paper. They stated that we had to have a 3 way DNA test done. I told them that that was unreasonable and they would hear from my attorney. GOD BLESS MARC ELLIS. The man is an absolute savior! My wife would have never got here before our son was born if it was not for him! I will owe him forever! NEVER BACK DOWN FROM THESE PEOPLE. KEEP ON KEEPING ON. JUST RESEMBLE A HEMMORHOID AND BUG THE HELL OUT OF THEM!

Timeline

My wife got here in the U.S. in February 2008. She came here on a K-1 visa. She interviewed in November of 2007. She was pregnant at time of interview. My fiance received a blue paper first. I was there at the interview and then I submitted the additional documents the next day. I received a green paper. They stated that we had to have a 3 way DNA test done. I told them that that was unreasonable and they would hear from my attorney. GOD BLESS MARC ELLIS. The man is an absolute savior! My wife would have never got here before our son was born if it was not for him! I will owe him forever! NEVER BACK DOWN FROM THESE PEOPLE. KEEP ON KEEPING ON. JUST RESEMBLE A HEMMORHOID AND BUG THE HELL OUT OF THEM!

Speak of the devil! How's life these days JR? Your boy is what...2 now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.