Obama 2012

Here We Go: Lesbian Couple Upset That 'Private Religious School' Denied Their Daughter...

102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also right or wrong, they should've known it could've happened the way it did.

I agree with youfor different reasons.

Any Private school would have been upfront in literature and the interview prior to the denail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The point was, if (and we are none of us in a position to definitively make the determination) they had no reason to suppose that this christian school held intolerant views towards lesbians because many, many christian organizations welcome same sex couples into their fold, why should they not be surprised when the school rejected their application?

MC, When you say Many, many, Many CHristian Organizations.. exactly what percentage of them are you supposing? (I realize this is guess work here)

I believe many Churches would welcome Homosexuals in the door ... but to become a part of the church there is an expectation that one in not living in direct conflict with the church teaching, some ever require a class before hand.

AS mentioned before, Schools are most often run completely separate from the Church its self, and they typically do not have the "open door policy" that the church does because the primary Function is "education" not evangelism.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Danno, you may be right, in the US most churches may demand that homosexuals deny their sexuality in order to be able to live free from sin. I find that an abomination - demanding people remain celibate because they happen to be born unable to have sexual desire for the 'appropriate' sex is the utmost in cruelty. I feel extremely sorry for any person who is homosexual who also wishes to participate in christianity. Clearly these people must be extremely torn thorugh out their lives. I personally expected better of christianity, but if you say that in fact chrisianity is barbaric in this regard, I bow to your superior knowledge.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Danno, you may be right, in the US most churches may demand that homosexuals deny their sexuality in order to be able to live free from sin. I find that an abomination - demanding people remain celibate because they happen to be born unable to have sexual desire for the 'appropriate' sex is the utmost in cruelty. I feel extremely sorry for any person who is homosexual who also wishes to participate in christianity. Clearly these people must be extremely torn thorugh out their lives. I personally expected better of christianity, but if you say that in fact chrisianity is barbaric in this regard, I bow to your superior knowledge.

Actually, it's more like "General knowledge".. not superior..... and MC, what makes you think Christianity is unique in the rejection of sin... in this case Homosexuality, though it is certainly not the lone one.

However there are Churches that "cater" to those in alternative lifestyles.. in fact there are Churches of every sort, why just this afternoon, the Wife and I passed by a new church (new to me anyway) which was a "Biker Church".

No kidding, must have been 25 motorcycles in the parking lot.

William Penn

Actually, it's more like "General knowledge".. not superior..... and MC, what makes you think Christianity is unique in the rejection of sin... in this case Homosexuality, though it is certainly not the lone one.

However there are Churches that "cater" to those in alternative lifestyles.. in fact there are Churches of every sort, why just this afternoon, the Wife and I passed by a new church (new to me anyway) which was a "Biker Church".

No kidding, must have been 25 motorcycles in the parking lot.

I do not think christianity is unique in trying to make humans conform to certain behaviours by labeling them as sins.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I do not think christianity is unique in trying to make humans conform to certain behaviours by labeling them as sins.

I agree 100% even the Government is in on it ... they call them "crimes".

With the CHurch, you can walk out the door and ignore them..... The Gov, doesn't give you that freedom. :crying:

William Penn

I agree 100% even the Government is in on it ... they call them "crimes".

With the CHurch, you can walk out the door and ignore them..... The Gov, doesn't give you that freedom. :crying:

I'm not sure what you are agreeing with. I don't view homosexuality as a problematic behaviour - it should definitely not be a crime. That homosexuals have difficulty finding a church that is accepting of them if they live a normal life I find disgraceful - people should not be made to feel guilty for enjoying a healthy sexual relationship, particularly if that relationship is in fact a stable and monogamous one.

Mind you, I do not think many of the 'sins' that relate to sexuality have much merit, the exception being rape - clearly forcing someone to have sex with you against that person's will is heinous and should never be tolerated.

Timeline

I'm not sure what you are agreeing with.

I was agreeing with your statement "I do not think christianity is unique in trying to make humans conform to certain behaviours by labeling them as sins."

Adding that the Gov does it all the time they just call them Crimes.

William Penn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The key word for me is "private". If the organization does not receive any public funding then it's Their Rules and Their Ways regardless of how silly their policies may be to the rest of the world.

What part of "private" did the "couple" not understand?

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

My MIL worked at a private Christian school for like, 15 years or more. Usually if non-believers wanted their kids to go here, it was because they didn't like the local public schools or wanted them to learn about morals. She told me that from this year, they were implementing a rule that said non-believers were refused places at the school. She thought that was awful seeing as they're supposed to be teaching others and bringing them into their 'family', not turning them away. At the end of the day though, it is a private school, and they can justify things however they like.

Timeline

My MIL worked at a private Christian school for like, 15 years or more. Usually if non-believers wanted their kids to go here, it was because they didn't like the local public schools or wanted them to learn about morals. She told me that from this year, they were implementing a rule that said non-believers were refused places at the school. She thought that was awful seeing as they're supposed to be teaching others and bringing them into their 'family', not turning them away. At the end of the day though, it is a private school, and they can justify things however they like.

I have to disagree.

The education arm of a Church should not be confused with the "recruitment" arm (which is the Church its self).... in fact most every Church has a Sunday school which is open and more suited to teach morals and answer questions for those with them.

From what I am aware of, most conflicts at these Schools come from parents when the kids are corrected or standards are enforced.

William Penn