DavidandJenny

Filing K1 Soon

3 posts in this topic

( THIS IS FOR A FRIEND ): I just found this out.....that.... they tried unsuccessfully to enter on a Tourist Visa, and some of the info on this wasn't exactly accurate/truthful possibly. Obviously, the tourist visa was denied.

Now, they are going to file a K1. They have known each other for over a year now, it is a legitimate relationship. For some reason, they, Originally, thought it would be better to try a Tourist.

1) From what I ascertained, as I said, she was denied the Tourist Visa

2) Now filing a K1

3) He just recently lost his job

4) and info on the Tourist wasn't accurate

I told them that they should have filed a K1 first, when he still had a job. And that all info has to be accurate/truthful. To the letter. I wasn't sure exactly how to tell them, but my feeling is that they will have problems w/ filing the K1. I need some input from you mods......thanks! Country of origin is Laos.

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The denial of a tourist visa by itself isn't an issue, but there could be problems- it depend what exactly they were not truthful about.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

( THIS IS FOR A FRIEND ): I just found this out.....that.... they tried unsuccessfully to enter on a Tourist Visa, and some of the info on this wasn't exactly accurate/truthful possibly. Obviously, the tourist visa was denied.

Now, they are going to file a K1. They have known each other for over a year now, it is a legitimate relationship. For some reason, they, Originally, thought it would be better to try a Tourist.

1) From what I ascertained, as I said, she was denied the Tourist Visa

2) Now filing a K1

3) He just recently lost his job

4) and info on the Tourist wasn't accurate

I told them that they should have filed a K1 first, when he still had a job. And that all info has to be accurate/truthful. To the letter. I wasn't sure exactly how to tell them, but my feeling is that they will have problems w/ filing the K1. I need some input from you mods......thanks! Country of origin is Laos.

Well, what weren't they truthful about? Being denied a tourist visa doesn't necessarily mean they'll be denied a K1 visa as long as they meet the requirements, but the fact that some of the info they provided was not accurate/truthful could raise a problem. It depends on what that is, though.

As for him not having a job, as long as there's a co-sponsor willing to help, that won't be too much of a problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.