elaina

REALLLY NEED HELP !!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i AM TRYING TO STAY CALM HERE, AND IT'S VERY DIFFICULT. ERIC SENT THE I-129F PETITION IN ON AUG 3/2010, UNFORTUNATELY TO CSC, AS HE HAD IT WITH HIM TO MAIL BEFORE THE NOTICE OF CHANGE TO SEND TO TEXAS LOCKBOX. ERIC CALLED THE 1-800 'HELP' NUMBER TODAY TO ASK IF THEY HAD RECEIVED IT, AS THE CHECK HAD STILL NOT BEEN CASHED.........HE WAS TOLD THAT HIS PETITION WAS REJECTED !!! NO REASON WAS GIVEN......I KNOW HE DID IT ALL CORRECTLY, BECAUSE I HAVE SINCE RECEIVED THE 'ORIGINAL ' TO HOLD AS PER INSTRUCTIONS FOR MY VISIT TO CONSOLATE. DOES ANYONE KNOW, OR HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THIS MAY HAVE HAPPENED???????????? WE ARE SO UPSET, AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK OR WHAT TO DO........ PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS EVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING OR WHY... PLEASE LET ME KNOW, AS I AM UNABLE TO BREATHE .............. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.... ELAINA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just because it was rejected doesn't mean that it's some awful thing. Maybe he wrote the check out wrong, maybe he forgot to sign the I-129F, etc. Just calm down in the meantime and whenever your petition gets back to you, you can see what went wrong and then re-send it! :)

Did you happen to include EVERYTHING that was listed in the guides here?

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i AM TRYING TO STAY CALM HERE, AND IT'S VERY DIFFICULT. ERIC SENT THE I-129F PETITION IN ON AUG 3/2010, UNFORTUNATELY TO CSC, AS HE HAD IT WITH HIM TO MAIL BEFORE THE NOTICE OF CHANGE TO SEND TO TEXAS LOCKBOX. ERIC CALLED THE 1-800 'HELP' NUMBER TODAY TO ASK IF THEY HAD RECEIVED IT, AS THE CHECK HAD STILL NOT BEEN CASHED.........HE WAS TOLD THAT HIS PETITION WAS REJECTED !!! NO REASON WAS GIVEN......I KNOW HE DID IT ALL CORRECTLY, BECAUSE I HAVE SINCE RECEIVED THE 'ORIGINAL ' TO HOLD AS PER INSTRUCTIONS FOR MY VISIT TO CONSOLATE. DOES ANYONE KNOW, OR HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THIS MAY HAVE HAPPENED???????????? WE ARE SO UPSET, AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK OR WHAT TO DO........ PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS EVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING OR WHY... PLEASE LET ME KNOW, AS I AM UNABLE TO BREATHE .............. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.... ELAINA

[/quote

I think that usually when the petition is outright rejected like that it is because the check was not written correctly. They send the whole packet back for you to rectify the error and then you can submit it again. Do you have a copy of the check you can examine? Just for sending it to CSC it should not be rejected because they would forward it on to Texas the new filing location. Also it is worth noting that the 1-800 number often provides incorrect information. It is best to wait either for the check to be cashed or for the package to be returned telling you what is wrong exactly. Hopefully it was an error on the part of the operator, and your case was not returned at all. Good luck!

event.png

Timeline

Just because it was rejected doesn't mean that it's some awful thing. Maybe he wrote the check out wrong, maybe he forgot to sign the I-129F, etc. Just calm down in the meantime and whenever your petition gets back to you, you can see what went wrong and then re-send it! :)

Did you happen to include EVERYTHING that was listed in the guides here?

yes, we included everything, even put 'tabs; in it....signed everything...but thanks, we will wait for mail ..|(they said a letter) ... praying hard here thANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY AM BREATHING A LITTLE NOW

sending to wrong address shouldnt have been a problem (see copy/paste from USCIS website below *) but i am curious about this 'original' you have in hand... do you actually have the originals of the packet and photocopies were mailed in? if so, you need to know they want original signatures on the forms.

*The Vermont and California Service Centers will forward incorrectly filed petitions to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox for a period of 45 days until Sept. 17, 2010. After Sept. 17, 2010, petitions and fees submitted at the Service Centers will be returned to the applicant, with a note advising them of the correct filing location.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Timeline

sending to wrong address shouldnt have been a problem (see copy/paste from USCIS website below *) but i am curious about this 'original' you have in hand... do you actually have the originals of the packet and photocopies were mailed in? if so, you need to know they want original signatures on the forms.

*The Vermont and California Service Centers will forward incorrectly filed petitions to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox for a period of 45 days until Sept. 17, 2010. After Sept. 17, 2010, petitions and fees submitted at the Service Centers will be returned to the applicant, with a note advising them of the correct filing location.

NO, I now have the original THINGS I.E. PIC';S, ETC...THEY TOLD US TO KEEP ...AND MY FIANCE GAVE THEM TO ME, SO I'D Have them for the Consulate, . THE 'COPIES' WERE MAILED, BUT EVERYTHING IS SIGNED IN ORIGINAL... JUST AS WE WERE INSTRUCTED TO DO. They have mailed us a letter 4 days ago...to explain the rejection... HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET IT TOMORROW....THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.... but are 'they' saying in that quote that if they are incorrectly filed, they hold them for 45 days before you can fix them??? surely not.......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So wait...you sent copies, but they have original signatures? How is that even possible? All forms submitted must be originals with original signatures.

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

NO, I now have the original THINGS I.E. PIC';S, ETC...THEY TOLD US TO KEEP ...AND MY FIANCE GAVE THEM TO ME, SO I'D Have them for the Consulate, . THE 'COPIES' WERE MAILED, BUT EVERYTHING IS SIGNED IN ORIGINAL... JUST AS WE WERE INSTRUCTED TO DO. They have mailed us a letter 4 days ago...to explain the rejection... HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET IT TOMORROW....THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.... but are 'they' saying in that quote that if they are incorrectly filed, they hold them for 45 days before you can fix them??? surely not.......

you are reading that incorrectly...

if you sent to wrong address (i.e. the old address rather than the new one - not just any old wrong address) they will FORWARD your petition to the correct one, for 45 days after the change was posted, up to sept 17, 2010.

if you sent to the old address it will be FORWARDED to the appropriate address for you.

if you sent them copies, they will reject your petition. they want original signatures, doesnt matter if the original signatures are in your possession, they want the petition filed with original signatures as well... you should have kept the copies and sent original forms to USCIS.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to offer another reassurance - a 'rejection' isn't a denial. A denial is bad news - a 'rejection' - especially so quickly - means that there is something wrong with the package of information you sent and all you need to do is correct the error and re-submit the package. It most often is the cheque - it is supposed to be made out to the Department of Homeland Security - spelled out and people have had packages returned because the check is made out to USCIS or DHS - or the date is wrong on the cheque or it isn't signed. Anyway, there will be a page with the application when you get it back that will tell you what the problem is (hopefully, it will be clear enough to figure it out because sometimes the directions are confusing!) and you just fix the problem and then mail it back - this time to the right address. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I too have been rejected when filing my initial application. They sent a rejection stating that the application was not included in my packet. I truly beleive that they had lost my application form. They returned everything and since made copies of all forms, remailed and was approved. A rejection is not bad but you must find out what's missing.

As a few others have stated, you might have not answered a question, not signed something or left something incomplete...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.