Dodi

London is scheduling the last half of Sept!

99 posts in this topic

I never said you were nasty. I said you were starting a catty argument. BIG difference. I don't care if this thread disappears from view, that's not the point of it. I just wanted to bring some people hope today. I'm not the one who jumped down anyone's throat. Will you PLEASE just stop it?

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

I just wanted to bring some people hope today.

As one of the people needing a pick-me-up, I say thanks.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

can't we all get along for a change?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'll say it again: why does this have to be such a big deal? There is nothing wrong with me starting this thread. If a bunch of you can start a thread for the sole purpose of b!tching then the newer members can have a thread for hope. Can you please just lay off? This thread had nothing whatsoever to do with you and the only thing you've done in it is try to start a catty argument. And you tell ME to lighten up. Good grief.

quadruple post quoted, edited to just one post, and returned above. previous post made invisible, all per op request.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Why, exactly, did this turn into a thread about one-upmanship? Are we not allowed to be stressed during our process? I saw Julez said in another thread that at one point during her process, she was away from her husband for about eight months, and that it was tough. That is all I'm trying to say as well. I've been apart from my fiance for 4 months, so far, and it will be another 4 months before I see him. Yet I'm a pansy for being down about that? I am not saying that I have it harder than anyone else. And I don't see why this has to be a contest. Yes, fine, everyone else has it so much harder. You all deserve medals, every one of you.

But can't you leave this ONE THREAD alone?

And by the way, I've dealt with the trials and tribulations of life so far just fine, thank you very much. And yes, there have been some hard times, it hasn't all been sunshine and roses. But I am actually shocked that just because someone wanted to share one piece of information with others that it's turned into this.

Edited by marlea

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Treehugger,

Nobody is trying to downplay the struggle you've had. Your case has been very hard, and I wish there were something we could do to help you here, but unfortunately we can't. But having hope for our cases doesn't belittle your grief in any way.

Just because our cases haven't taken as long as yours doesn't mean we don't still miss our fiances and doesn't mean that it's not hard being without each other. I've seen Peter for ONE week in the past year. That's it. I miss him terribly, and it's nearly over. I'm hopeful about that. I also hope that all of you in AP find some answers quickly, but as I said, there's nothing that the rest of us can do to help you.

It doesn't mean we can't be hopeful for our own situations.

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

As the saying goes, everyone has their own cross to bear. And it's really hard to measure how heavy those loads feel to other people. It's not a contest. For all of us, it seems like one of the worst things ever. I've known people who can barely stand to be even 2 days apart from each other, so even 3 months is interminable.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Of course you can be stressed. Being apart is hard. I've never said it wasn't, and I am certainly not unsympathetic to how difficult it is. I really think that the original post was more appropriate for the interview thread. You'd get as much hope from reading this same information there as you do in a separate thread. I think that some people just need to be a bit more thoughtful when posting.

I really find it offensive how vitriolic Dodi becomes when anyone makes a suggestion to her. I found, and still do find it helpful to learn from others' experiences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I really don't know what to say - the current crop of K1 filers seem to be flying through with their applications (yay!) and despite this they need hope regarding when their interview is scheduled? Really? From my husband filing to NVC completion was exactly five months, slightly longer than average (at that time, don't know about now). I had to wait a further two months for an interview - roughly the same amount of time current K1 filers take from sending in the application to USCIS to the embassy receiving the case - wow! My interview was short and sweet, told to expect the visa within a week or two, but SIX MONTHS later and I'm still waiting as I later found out I'm in administrative processing and nobody knows why. Two congressional inquiries and three attempts by a senator and we're still none the wiser, or closer to getting a visa. I have been told there's no timeframe and that it could take years and there's nothing I, or anyone else, can do about it. I'm the one that needs hope here, blimey!!! All this and I still don't call the DoS daily, or even weekly...

Oh and, my case is NOTHING compared to fellow UK applicants that needed to apply for waivers. There are people waiting years, literally, for an outcome and there's somebody at the moment who's already endured the most testing circumstances and who's appealing...she's been told it's another 26+ MONTHS before her case is reviewed. And yet here we have people who can't wait an extra few days to hear when their interview will be. How on earth do they expect to cope with the trials and tribulations of life, including marriage?!?

Tree,

So sorry to hear you're still going through this and you have an unknown amount of time it will take to deal with it. IT SUCKS. If there is anyone I feel compassion for on the UK forums a lot of the time it is you. You have dealt with a huge struggle, and honestly I can't even wrap my head around what it must feel like. I find myself getting a little grumpy watching people who filed 3 months after me have interview dates at the same time, so I can imagine your frustration.

I don't think "HOPE" is the right word per say, I think it's more like...a unified group of men and women who are all in the same stages and are looking for comfort/excitement from each other. OH this happened to you? Good maybe next it will be me or her!

To Julez,

I see your point about trying to keep similar threads together. Perhaps requesting for a mod to merge this info with the current thread (along with the 15 million shipping threads) is a good idea? :)

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

To Julez,

I see your point about trying to keep similar threads together. Perhaps requesting for a mod to merge this info with the current thread (along with the 15 million shipping threads) is a good idea? :)

On a slightly germane point, it's issues like this that make me want to bang my head against a brick wall that organisers can't split and merge threads. We have a few UK orgs (myself included) and I would be only too happy to help here. It keeps coming up in the super-secret organiser forum but months on... meh.

/intrusion

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On a slightly germane point, it's issues like this that make me want to bang my head against a brick wall that organisers can't split and merge threads. We have a few UK orgs (myself included) and I would be only too happy to help here. It keeps coming up in the super-secret organiser forum but months on... meh.

/intrusion

LOL Maven, you always intrude! I think I would be offended if you didn't! ;)

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.