evilmonkey

AOS supporting documentation checklist?

4 posts in this topic

What supporting documentation do I need to submit with I-485? I am filing for my fiance who came here on K-1

(1) Marriage certificate

(2) Fiance's Birth Certificate (original or copy?)

(3) K-1 visa copy

(4) I-94 copy

(5) NOA2 copy

(6) 2 Photos

(7) Vaccination Supplement

(8) G-325a (again, which is stupid)

(9) I-864 with employment verification letter, paystubs

(10) US Citizen and Fiance's passport bio page

(11) Naturalization certificate certified copy

Do I need to include anything else?

What supporting documentation do I need to submit with I-485? I am filing for my fiance who came here on K-1

(1) Marriage certificate

(2) Fiance's Birth Certificate (original or copy?)

(3) K-1 visa copy

(4) I-94 copy

(5) NOA2 copy

(6) 2 Photos

(7) Vaccination Supplement

(8) G-325a (again, which is stupid)

(9) I-864 with employment verification letter, paystubs

(10) US Citizen and Fiance's passport bio page

(11) Naturalization certificate certified copy

Do I need to include anything else?

have a look at the guides section. i followed that completely and got approved yesterday. Saying that I can't think of anything you missed out. Just a note on point 2.. you just need a copy. in fact its a copy for everything.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Have a look at the AOS thread in my signature. It has a full required document list.

First, YOU are not filing anything. Your WIFE who came over on a K1 is the one who is applying to adjust HER status. You can be the one completing docs if you like, but remember it's HER process, and you are irrelevant except to complete the I-864. You will also attend her AOS interview if there is one and present evidence of co-mingling. I don't mean to be rude but it's an important distinction and will save confusion later.

1. Marriage certificate COPY. A regular photocopy is fine

2. Photocopy

6. 2 photos are for the AOS process. You also file the AP and EAD at the same time in case her GC takes a while she is able to leave and return to the US, and also work. Both documents required 2 photos for each application. So 6 photos in total if applying for AOS, EAD and AP at the same time (the fees for the EAD and AP are waived if filed with AOS, so it's better to apply than not apply).

8. Re the G-325A... it's entirely NOT stupid to complete another one. She is now married, not single. She may have a different last name. She now lives in the US, not the UK, and she is now unemployed where before she may have been working.

9. There is no employment verification letter requirement for the I-864. If your 2009 tax return is above the 125% of the poverty line then no employer letter is necessary. If your income WAS low in 2009 but you now work a job where your income is higher, then you would need to include the employer letter.

10. the US citizens passport bio page is not required for AOS from a K1, the process is about your K1 WIFE, not about you. You already proved your citizenship.

11. As with before, you already proved your US citizenship in order for her to get the K1, you do not do so again as this is HER process now, not yours.

Also remember she should have applied for her SSN. It is not required for AOS but it will make it easier to open bank accounts etc

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Have a look at the AOS thread in my signature. It has a full required document list.

First, YOU are not filing anything. Your WIFE who came over on a K1 is the one who is applying to adjust HER status. You can be the one completing docs if you like, but remember it's HER process, and you are irrelevant except to complete the I-864. You will also attend her AOS interview if there is one and present evidence of co-mingling. I don't mean to be rude but it's an important distinction and will save confusion later.

1. Marriage certificate COPY. A regular photocopy is fine

2. Photocopy

6. 2 photos are for the AOS process. You also file the AP and EAD at the same time in case her GC takes a while she is able to leave and return to the US, and also work. Both documents required 2 photos for each application. So 6 photos in total if applying for AOS, EAD and AP at the same time (the fees for the EAD and AP are waived if filed with AOS, so it's better to apply than not apply).

8. Re the G-325A... it's entirely NOT stupid to complete another one. She is now married, not single. She may have a different last name. She now lives in the US, not the UK, and she is now unemployed where before she may have been working.

9. There is no employment verification letter requirement for the I-864. If your 2009 tax return is above the 125% of the poverty line then no employer letter is necessary. If your income WAS low in 2009 but you now work a job where your income is higher, then you would need to include the employer letter.

10. the US citizens passport bio page is not required for AOS from a K1, the process is about your K1 WIFE, not about you. You already proved your citizenship.

11. As with before, you already proved your US citizenship in order for her to get the K1, you do not do so again as this is HER process now, not yours.

Also remember she should have applied for her SSN. It is not required for AOS but it will make it easier to open bank accounts etc

You were not rude at all. Infact, I can not thank you enough for compiling such a great response & detailed/easy to understand process checklist.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))))))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.