Fandango

Deal with the Individual, Leave the Thread Be

150 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So you don't need to read the UK forum to determine whether she would be good to be a deputy mod in the UK forum? Oooookay.unsure.gif

no need to. i had never had any interaction with the lady, until she attacked me in THIS forum. apparently she had been stalking me in the OT & on expats. i say apparently, because she would never engage in a discussion with me after i asked why she felt the need to attack me, for things others had said in the OT & on expats. i have seen her attack jasman, gary, charles & other non UK posters as well inside the OT forum & this one. so, i think she is a stalker & engages in group think too much to be a mod in any forum.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So then applying your logic in objecting to Julez being a mod, will you soon be joining Mox in his crusade to get Charles' mod stripped? For the record, I think you're wrong. Julez isn't nearly as acerbic in OT as charles, you are merely confusing snide for vitriol. Just look at him calling another member a #######. He was at least vague enough for his inevitable denial. :rolleyes:

i didn't call her that. do try to stick to the facts.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i have seen her attack jasman, gary, charles & other non UK posters as well inside the OT forum & this one. so, i think she is a stalker & engages in group think too much to be a mod in any forum.

laughing.gif

I'd say a number of people would say that these were points in her favour!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

no need to. i had never had any interaction with the lady, until she attacked me in THIS forum. apparently she had been stalking me in the OT & on expats. i say apparently, because she would never engage in a discussion with me after i asked why she felt the need to attack me, for things others had said in the OT & on expats. i have seen her attack jasman, gary, charles & other non UK posters as well inside the OT forum & this one. so, i think she is a stalker & engages in group think too much to be a mod in any forum.

So you admit that you have no idea about the UK forum and that you've had no direct interaction with her, yet you're quick to condemn her as a junior mod candidate. Please link this apparent attack on you.

i didn't call her that. do try to stick to the facts.

Charles, you're being disingenuous at best. We all know what you meant in that post.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Exacto. She protects her own. She also tells the rest of us cubs to STFU in the UK forum.

Precisely. She's not scared to tell ANYONE to STFU when they are being unreasonable. Whether you are prolifically worthy of being told to STFU, like umm, Charles and Gary. Or whether you're just being an occasional upstart and you need to be reminded to calm the heck down. Isn't that what we need more of here? Someone who is not scared to deal with an individual and not take it personally, rather than close threads down completely so that no one else can continue the discussion.

Timeline

Charles, you're being disingenuous at best. We all know what you meant in that post.

you're reduced to making things up now? oh please.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Ok, not that I don't love you all, but is there any way we can get this back on topic before Kathryn comes in here and locks this too?

Someone start another thread for mod noms ;)

did you say nom-noms?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'm a stalker? That is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard! I admit, I did criticize jasman for being so insensitive to someone who'd husband had walked out on her. His comment that he was so glad he had a wonderful wife added nothing to the discussion. I stand by my remarks. Gary is a known mysoginist, which I take offense to, like many others on VJ. I will occasionally comment when he offends me. Charles I've said my peace on. I don't like him. But for anyone to believe he is a good candidate for deputy mod moreso than I? Well, that is simply crazy!

I rarely post in OT. I haven't posted on expats in ages, or even logged in there. However, I would point out that any behavior exhibited on expats should not be a factor in deciding anything on VJ. After all, they are 2 separate entities, one of which is "anything goes".

I know one time you sent me a rather lengthy PM, however at the time I skimmed it I didn't have time to respond to you. Then I got busy with other things and simply forgot about it. Sorry, but the situation to which you refer I cannot even recall. I'm sorry if it offends you that I didn't get back to you.

I try to be helpful in the UK forum, even if some people don't like hearing calm down, etc. I remember Mags handing out very similar advices to noobs when she was a mod. I'm not petitioning for myself to be a deputy mod. A few friends recommended me and I am honored that they think so much of me. If asked, I would *only* monitor the UK forum, whch I believe I am capable of doing.

I would just like to add that I find it interesting that someone who finds my so-called "attacks" so offensive has no problems openly attacking me. Walk the walk, smoke.

Filed: Timeline

you're reduced to making things up now? oh please.

You really should just quit while you're ahead. EVERYONE knew what you meant. EVERYONE. That's why your post was deleted. You think we're all stupid, but we're not. You think you can explain it away by saying that everyone here misunderstood, but it just makes you look ridiculous. So seriously, do the thing that makes you look the least silly, and just walk away. You will have other opportunities to flex your might, I'm sure, but this is not one of those times.

Timeline

You really should just quit while you're ahead. EVERYONE knew what you meant. EVERYONE. That's why your post was deleted. You think we're all stupid, but we're not. You think you can explain it away by saying that everyone here misunderstood, but it just makes you look ridiculous. So seriously, do the thing that makes you look the least silly, and just walk away. You will have other opportunities to flex your might, I'm sure, but this is not one of those times.

it figures you'd approve slander.

now what might are you flexing again?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *