LainMike

Denied at the California Service Center. Please help..

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody,

In July 8 they received our reply to RFE regarding IMBRA. We sent IMBRA waiver and the proof that my fiance canceled it before it was sent to the UAE embassy.

After how many weeks we got bad news my fiance got a text from CSC about our K1 application that it was denied. We checked our case on their website and this is what they said

On August 16, 2010, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of August 16, 2010, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-375-5283      end_of_the_skype_highlighting for further assistance.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Right now, we feel so much pain and feel we are tearing apart. We are anxious what we gonna do next. Are we going to pay again?. Can we keep our petition alive?. Is there anybody have a case like this. How we are going to make sure that we get approve. Please help us..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello

I am very sorry.. I know how difficult this must be, I can imagine..

It seems that you may need to wait for the Letter to arrive explaining the reason for denial..

Once you receive it, share the contents with the forum to see if anyone has any thoughts on how to proceed.. It may have something to do with your response to the RFE, but until you receive the letter, I don't think there is anything you can do...

Try to hang in there...

Kenny

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In July 8 they received our reply to RFE regarding IMBRA. We sent IMBRA waiver and the proof that my fiance canceled it before it was sent to the UAE embassy.

What does the BOLD text mean, "my fiance canceled it."

What did he cancel? What did that have to do with the UAE Embassy?

Your post is unclear. I can understand since the petition was rejected. Wait for the letter as mentioned but maybe you could try to explain more.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What does the BOLD text mean, "my fiance canceled it."

What did he cancel? What did that have to do with the UAE Embassy?

Your post is unclear. I can understand since the petition was rejected. Wait for the letter as mentioned but maybe you could try to explain more.

Good luck.

I the petitioner had a pervious petition in 2008, approved in Jan. 2009. I found out my fiancée was cheating on me and intended on divorcing me when she arrived here in the USA. After I found out, I called the USCIS to cancel my petition, but it had already been approved for the interview stage and sent to NVC. USCIS (CSC) told me to send a letter to NVC to cancel it there before it was send to the embassy. Which I did and received an e-mail stating, you are too late your file was sent to the embassy in UAE already. So the following day, I called the Embassy in UAE and asked them to cancel the petition. They told me all I had to do is send an E-mail and they would cancel it. Finally over right, wrong. That file was sent back to USCIS (CSC) and sat in a review stage until Feb 2010. (I just found this out a few days ago after talking to someone at the National Call Center)

Forward to 2010, I have moved on with my life. I met the girl of my dreams; we met in person and decide we will go thru the K1 visa process. Not wanting the pervious petition to be a problem I called USCIS and asked them to please tell the steps I needed to take in order to file another K1 visa application. They told me it will not be a problem, all I had to do is attach a reference number to my petition (which I did in the explination of a pervious petition). So in April I send a completed K-1 petition to USCIS CSC Without an IMBRA. (Oops I made a mistake) later RFE. So I filed an IMBRA waiver with the e-mails that I sent the UAE embassy and there response. Which lead to Monday where we were denied.....

So we wait now again for a letter for the reason why we are denied, because they are not allowed to tell me over the phone. Most useless call service ever.....

So we wait now again for a letter for the reason why we are denied, because they are not allowed to tell me over the phone

That is the only thing you can do at this time.

If they will not reopen the petition - (you will have the chance to do so) - then you would of lost the cost of the petition and would need to file another one (as long as you take care of the underlying problem that caused the rejection of the first one).

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.