TSC_2003_0918

within 90 days of anniversary ?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everybody,

This site has been a huge help to us....

I just noticed that we need to file for removing conditions.

The form says "You should apply during the 90 days before your second anniversary as a conditional resident.".

Sorry folks, if answer to this question is on the forms / forums....

What date is considered for anniversary ? Do we need to file 90 days before the second anniversary of

(1) wedding in US....for us this was in July 2004

(2) conditional permanent residency (Green card) status date ...for us this was in Sept 2006?

Thanks!

Shawn

<span style='color:blue'>--------------------

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> Timeline

09/14/03: Submitted I-129F for <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> to Texas Svc Center.

09/18/03: NOA 1 rec'd from <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->TSC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> with SRC #

02/05/04: Recd. NOA2 by USPS mail: APPROVED !

05/04: Consulate Interview

Sep 2004 : I-485 applied for

Sep 05 : <span style='color:red'>Interview in Dallas, TX --- success</span>

<span style='color:green'>Thank you for all your help VisaJourney !!</span>

</span>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

Well, I found the answer.

the perm residency was granted in Sep '05 (not 2006 as I wrote in my original post above, that was a typo).

It is 2 years from Sept 2005...so till 2007. 90 days prior to Sep 2007 one needs to file I-751.

<span style='color:blue'>--------------------

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> Timeline

09/14/03: Submitted I-129F for <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-1<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> to Texas Svc Center.

09/18/03: NOA 1 rec'd from <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->TSC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> with SRC #

02/05/04: Recd. NOA2 by USPS mail: APPROVED !

05/04: Consulate Interview

Sep 2004 : I-485 applied for

Sep 05 : <span style='color:red'>Interview in Dallas, TX --- success</span>

<span style='color:green'>Thank you for all your help VisaJourney !!</span>

</span>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You need to file within the 90 days before the second anniversary of your

conditional permanent residency (Green card) status date .

So if you get conditional residency in Spt 06, you need to think about filing sometime between Jue and Sept 2008, depending on the actual date in September you were approved. That date will dictate the earliest you can file in June 08.

For example,...

My conditional residency was approved On July 26 04, and the earliest possible date I could of lodged the I-751 was April 27. I lodged mine eventually on June 22.......

Find a date calculator online to actually determine the correct date. The USCIS will not accept any Removal of Conditions paperwork prior to that 90 days.

The Interviewing officer for me actually gave me a piece of paper with a date already worked out on it when I was approved, dont know if they do that with most approvals these days being without interview....

JOdee :yes:

Editted due to OP changing dates...So if CPR was granted Sept 05, needs to file within 90 before Sept 07,...

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Timeline

TSC,

Re-read your own post. Compare the words that you quoted from "the form" with the words in your items (1) and (2). Do you notice that the words on the form bear a striking similarity to one of your items but not the other?

Yodrak

Hello Everybody,

This site has been a huge help to us....

I just noticed that we need to file for removing conditions.

The form says "You should apply during the 90 days before your second anniversary as a conditional resident.".

Sorry folks, if answer to this question is on the forms / forums....

What date is considered for anniversary ? Do we need to file 90 days before the second anniversary of

(1) wedding in US....for us this was in July 2004

(2) conditional permanent residency (Green card) status date ...for us this was in Sept 2006?

Thanks!

Shawn

Filed: Timeline
TSC,

Re-read your own post. Compare the words that you quoted from "the form" with the words in your items (1) and (2). Do you notice that the words on the form bear a striking similarity to one of your items but not the other?

Yodrak

:lol::lol: Tsk, tsk..but very true!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.