I AM NOT THAT GUY

Thoughtcrime: D.C. Reporter Suspended for Accurate Report on BP’s Donations to Obama

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It means you should take off the partisan blinders and accept that much, if not all of the broadcast news media in the US is rubbish.

I listen to BBC radio 4 online. It's quiet and orderly and sophisticated and there are pauses for breath.

It's so nice not to have all the screaming and yelling and only one person speaking at any one time.

It's no wonder people go crazy in the US - it's like one big screaming nut house

Politics only really happens once every 4 years for 3 weeks in the UK - here it's all day and every day and just everywhere in daily life.

Everyone hates everyone else as soon as they detect different politics.

Even the stock market is an 'outcry pit' where everyone is red in the face and jumping around like enraged chimps on LSD - unlike everywhere else where its silent computer trading.

I wonder if Americans know it's not like this anywhere else ? It's very wearing.

moresheep400100.jpg

Yes there is no shortage of people who got videos. A lot of them on youtube take them out of context and really dont give you a feel for what was going on at the time.

I was referring to the Daily Show, many (but I'm sure not all) just can't be taken out of context, they were just too stark.

Though I had to laugh one time they took something Stewart said about Obama deliberately out of context to make it sound like he was against him. Stewart says plenty of things about democrats (Obama included) that annoy him, they didn't need to try so hard.

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Steve is so far out on the lunatic left that Mother Jones seems middle of the road to him. :star:

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I listen to BBC radio 4 online. It's quiet and orderly and sophisticated and there are pauses for breath.

It's so nice not to have all the screaming and yelling and only one person speaking at any one time.

It's no wonder people go crazy in the US - it's like one big screaming nut house

Politics only really happens once every 4 years for 3 weeks in the UK - here it's all day and every day and just everywhere in daily life.

Everyone hates everyone else as soon as they detect different politics.

Even the stock market is an 'outcry pit' where everyone is red in the face and jumping around like enraged chimps on LSD - unlike everywhere else where its silent computer trading.

I wonder if Americans know it's not like this anywhere else ? It's very wearing.

:rolleyes:

Edited by _Simpson_

I was referring to the Daily Show, many (but I'm sure not all) just can't be taken out of context, they were just too stark.

Though I had to laugh one time they took something Stewart said about Obama deliberately out of context to make it sound like he was against him. Stewart says plenty of things about democrats (Obama included) that annoy him, they didn't need to try so hard.

The Daily Show! He's entertainment and thats it, he is very deceptive in how he presents videos. Ive seen it time and time again. No wonder you compare fox to the Antichrist.

Edited by _Simpson_

Like I said, there's plenty of stuff that comes off there that you just can't spin because it is what it is.

Indeed entertainment is exactly what it is, they don't have to claim they're "fair and balanced" because they're not a news program.

I prefer to correlate my actual news from different places on the internet. It might still be biased but I can pull out the facts easier and shut off when I've had enough. I try to look for positive news too, there aren't enough "teenager saves dog" (and such) stories!

Like I said, there's plenty of stuff that comes off there that you just can't spin because it is what it is.

Indeed entertainment is exactly what it is, they don't have to claim they're "fair and balanced" because they're not a news program.

I prefer to correlate my actual news from different places on the internet. It might still be biased but I can pull out the facts easier and shut off when I've had enough. I try to look for positive news too, there aren't enough "teenager saves dog" (and such) stories!

I dont claim that fox news hasnt made mistakes or that their fair and balanced, they are right leaning without a doubt.

And I won't pretend Rachel Maddow's voice doesn't make me wish the tv could change the channel quicker.

Stewart doesn't make fun of them often cause there's not a lot to make fun of but the last episode I caught they did a piece on those two dems in the ethics cases.

I need some integrity to what I watch, if he ended up having an affair or something I would quit watching straight away, they rip down pretty hard on people who get caught cheating (and rightly so).

Edited by KaiserD

Timeline

I dont claim that fox news hasnt made mistakes or that their fair and balanced, they are right leaning without a doubt.

I hear that Rupert Murdoch was slightly 'right' leaning

Now it's confirmed..

He is the Imperial Grand Wizard of the world's KKK people so it should be expected

moresheep400100.jpg

And I won't pretend Rachel Maddow's voice doesn't make me wish the tv could change the channel quicker.

Stewart doesn't make fun of them often cause there's not a lot to make fun of but the last episode I caught they did a piece on those two dems in the ethics cases.

I need some integrity to what I watch, if he ended up having an affair or something I would quit watching straight away, they rip down pretty hard on people who get caught cheating (and rightly so).

The Daily Show is very one sided and I find it hard to watch anymore. At least with Colbert you have him poking fun at both sides.

I hear that Rupert Murdoch was slightly 'right' leaning

Now it's confirmed..

He is the Imperial Grand Wizard of the world's KKK people so it should be expected

He was born in Australia so what do you expect.

Timeline

He was born in Australia so what do you expect.

Then he renounced his roo citizenship and moved to where his politics are acceptable.

He was learning Afrikaans but that plan fell through

moresheep400100.jpg

Then he renounced his roo citizenship and moved to where his politics are acceptable.

He was learning Afrikaans but that plan fell through

Yes because corruption in politics only happens in the states. :rolleyes:

Timeline

Yes because corruption in politics only happens in the states. :rolleyes:

That is what is known as a 'non sequitor'

like if I posted 'yes, but my mail just arrived'

moresheep400100.jpg