Mags

UK B!tches Unite!

670 posts in this topic

So I think we need an Irritating-MIL topic. ;)

Anyways, my best friend is coming to stay with us in 6 weeks! She'll be staying in our new apartment with us for 2 weeks, which I am so excited for, as I haven't seen her in a year. Other than my husband, she's like my other half... so I guess she's my other third. Happy times! :D She really wants to go to NYC since we only live 4 hours away so we're going to attempt it one weekend.

Anyways, my best friend is coming to stay with us in 6 weeks! She'll be staying in our new apartment with us for 2 weeks, which I am so excited for, as I haven't seen her in a year. Other than my husband, she's like my other half... so I guess she's my other third. Happy times! :D She really wants to go to NYC since we only live 4 hours away so we're going to attempt it one weekend.

Oooh, that so nice!! I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast!!

My b!tch of the day: I found my dream wedding gown for our blessing/vow renewal on ebay for an unbelievable price because some bridal shop is selling their floor samples. Well, after I sent them a question about the item, they jacked up the price by $100 (it's a "buy it now" transaction, not an auction)!! #######!! But it's still cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, so I'll probably bite the bullet and buy it ... after I try haggling, of course. But grr!!

Edited by Leenie

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Filed: Timeline

These are all some quality b!tch posts, wtg!

Here's my b!tch:

Lately, I've become a sucker for a 'deal' :blush: Also, when we took Nicholas for his pic w/Santa, the pkgs were $20, $30, etc. The $30 one came with a $20 GC to a well known photo service online. Ok, so it makes sense, right?

So I googled it prolly last week. Then I google 'snapfish deals' and I come across a photo book BOGO. I'm like 'cool I'll make one for the MIL' Well, I forgot about it, and the deal expired. No big shakes. Few days later, I find the GC, it says it expires January something. Ok, gotta get my finger out and get it done.

A few days ago, I refresh the deal page...1/2 off calendars, free shipping. I'm so down! MIL's gonna love it! Tonight I realize Uh oh, deal expires 11/17 11:59. Better get a move on, right?

I cull through a grillion photos of Nick, deal with their stupid software, etc. We're also having net issues, so it took a flippin decade to upload them all. And the auto save thing contiunally comes up, and takes an hour to autosave, in the meantime, you can't do anything. Hubby was watching tv, and at this point, it's 11:20, and I'm like 'there's no way I'm going to be done.' I look on the deal page again, and lo and behold, they're on PST! Yay! So hubby goes to bed, and I just putter around with this stupid stuff.

I get lost in this project, which was actually pretty cool, cos you can load little thumbnails on specific dates and whatnot. I wind up having to add more pictures, more computer delays, etc. I look at the clock, it's 2:50...oh noes, better finalize and gtfo!

I go get the gift card...IT'S FOR SHUTTERFLY, NOT SNAPFISH. Doh. Ok, no big deal, so I now have to run to get my wallet, while the clock is ticking. But it all gets done. With literally a minute to spare.

Then I go off and do my nightly rituals...set the coffepot, start the dishwasher, etc. Now I'm wired. I'ts 4 am, hubby needs to be up in 2.5 hours, Nicholas has a dr's appt at 9, and I've done the irresponsible thing of staying up til 4. Trying to figure out whether it's worth it to just stay up and not bother going to bed.

Coincidentally, I've never been so tired in my life. I am doing the SAHM thing right now, but also working from home via puter and phone, and bringing N to my mom's when I have to show property. So in essence, I feel like I have 3 full time jobs right now. I have literally worked doing something for almost 24 hours straight. Where did my days of leisurely just doing whatever I wanted go?

I've drank so much coffee I am rambling, so I'll shut up now, lol

Edited by Lisa C

+1 for that idea! LOL

ETA - poor Lisa!! That sounds like hubby's daily sleep routine, although the silly fool could get more sleep if he'd come to bed before 4 am! He was just coming in at 4:30 when Emily decided to wake up. I feel for him, but its kind of his own fault!

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

+1 for that idea! LOL

ETA - poor Lisa!! That sounds like hubby's daily sleep routine, although the silly fool could get more sleep if he'd come to bed before 4 am! He was just coming in at 4:30 when Emily decided to wake up. I feel for him, but its kind of his own fault!

LOL

And silly me for thinking I could get a nap in this afternoon! Brought the boy for his check up today, dealt with work stuff, baby stuff this afternoon, and more work stuff. I figd I could nap when he does, but I'm just done with work, and I think he's about to wake up.

grrrrrrrrrr

But the calendar's pretty fierce so it's all good!

HA. I find that even if I'm dead tired, I have a hard time napping when she does. First, she normally only naps for 30 minutes (hardly worth it to me) and second - I'm just grateful for 30 mins of time where I don't have to DO anything so I just sit in my recliner on my butt!

Will be curious to see how long she slept for Chas after going back down at 6 am. Maybe he got 2 hours sleep...

SA4userbar.jpg

Right now it's -18°F outside (that's -28°C in old money). That's colder than it has EVER BEEN in the UK, EVER, in recorded meteorological history.

Or, in other words, it's a bit nippy outside. :(

I can't do cold weather which was why I was more than happy to move to Georgia! Roll on spring time and wrap up warm!

Oh, one b!tch. I need a hot water bottle (not nearly as much as Pooky!). Don't know why I left mine at home and I cannot for the life of me find one here. I feel very old (I'm not) but I wish I kept my one from home and brought it with me :angry:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I can't do cold weather which was why I was more than happy to move to Georgia! Roll on spring time and wrap up warm!

Oh, one b!tch. I need a hot water bottle (not nearly as much as Pooky!). Don't know why I left mine at home and I cannot for the life of me find one here. I feel very old (I'm not) but I wish I kept my one from home and brought it with me :angry:

I don't need a hot water bottle, I just need one of our cats to stay put at the foot of the bed to keep my feet warm, and not go all ninja attack cat every time my feet move! :angry:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
ninja attack cat every time my feet move!
"Bed mice," si man (ouch, man).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 year later...

*bump*

It's been over a year since the last post in this Thread of Threads.

What's up, bitchez?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

You don't need to be a b!tch to contribute, I hasten to add.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

You don't need to be a b!tch to contribute, I hasten to add.

I'm a b!tch so I belong here. :P

Let's see... been seeing an awesome guy for the past eight months and we are in LURRRRVVVVVVE. Working at a law firm in LA, getting ready to go back to law school in September to get an LLM so I can be street legal in Cali. Drinking wine. Making a lot of kale. Knitting Nyan Cat hats.

Oh, and emasculating men. That too.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Oh man, I qualify to post in this thread. Does this make me old-school now? :P

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.