milimelo

N400 August 2010 Filers

314 posts in this topic

i just called the military hotline, and i found out they haven't sent me the NOA1 yet. So they probably maybe haven't opened my packet yet? lol

i was kind of hoping to know my receipt # asap so i can go on and start to religiously check my case status on the website lol

the guy said i should wait about 30 days to get something. Anyway, we're overseas and our mail gets sent to a relative in the US so.. i'm hoping i won't have to wait til they get it in the mail.. lol

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

what did you guys use to attach all those pages in the naturalization application before mailing it?

I just used a huge butterfly style paper clip on the n400

and an envelope for the photos (unsealed)

and on the supporting docs I use small paper clips and a tiny bit of scotch tape

I put an index page on the front so they could quickly see what's in there

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

You should definitely complain. There is no reason to make you drive 200 miles to a distant facility when a local one will suffice. That is just BS. I would contact them. 400 miles round trip is quite a bit in terms of wasted gas--bad for both your pocket and for the environment.

If it was a normal organization I would call em and switch it to Yakima or Seattle - but this is the USCIS. They would likely cancel it in Spokane and forget to reschedule it somewhere else and then after 6 months of calls and letters they would reschedule it back in Spokane !

With this valuable knowledge of the USCIS systems, I am going to hold tight to what I have got and do that drive..

Got to keep it simple with these guys or it invites trouble... I will be the gray man, low profile, straightforward, swim with the stream.....

Come on early November and the USCIS divorce party !

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

If it was a normal organization I would call em and switch it to Yakima or Seattle - but this is the USCIS. They would likely cancel it in Spokane and forget to reschedule it somewhere else and then after 6 months of calls and letters they would reschedule it back in Spokane !

With this valuable knowledge of the USCIS systems, I am going to hold tight to what I have got and do that drive..

Got to keep it simple with these guys or it invites trouble... I will be the gray man, low profile, straightforward, swim with the stream.....

I hear what you're saying, but it just seems like acquiescing to the big bully. Each time another acquiesces, USCIS thinks its even more justified to do whatever they wish.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I hear what you're saying, but it just seems like acquiescing to the big bully. Each time another acquiesces, USCIS thinks its even more justified to do whatever they wish.

I wonder if the USCIS quality control dept ever reads these forums and resolves to improve in these areas. If it was a company and they had a huge forum like this inhabited by their customers, they would monitor it constantly.

I wonder if anyone ever suggests it in their management meetings ?

Could be the public are wise to what happens and that is why our applications are moving so fast - lack of customers - people can't face the hassle again.

If this was an 18 month process as it used to be - I wouldn't bother

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Check cleared 8/24/10. Online image still not there, so I can't see what our assigned number is. :(

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

UPDATE please:

RFE for Biometrics by txt and email - (mailed 24th)

N-400

=====

2010-12-08: Packaged Sent.

2010-14-08: Package delivered to Arizona Pheonix Box.

2010-20-08: email and text from USCIS application processing.

2010-21-08: check cashed

2010-23-08: Notice of Action received in the Mail.

2010-25-08: RFE by txt and email - (mailed 24th)

2010-27-08: REF received by mail (Biometrics appt)

2010-17-09: Fingerprints and Biometrics appt.

2010-08-12: Case was moved to the local office in Detroit :)

2010-14-12: Interview letter received dated Dec8th

2011-01-18: Interview at 8 am in January 8th. YAAAAAAAAHO :)still was pending

2011-03-17: Approved and oath letter in the mail

My mother IR5:

==============

2011-08-16: Package sent

2011-08-22nd: NOA1 recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I agree, makes no logical sense what they do, never a logical pattern, constant change and not for the better with USCIS. :unsure:

You should definitely complain. There is no reason to make you drive 200 miles to a distant facility when a local one will suffice. That is just BS. I would contact them. 400 miles round trip is quite a bit in terms of wasted gas--bad for both your pocket and for the environment.

Check cleared 8/24/10. Online image still not there, so I can't see what our assigned number is. :(

i got my receipt number from the USCIS hotline ^_^ they just entered it yesterday and the lady from the USCIS military hotline told me they haven't even mailed off the NOA1 yet.

But i know when we did the K-1 journey, that was how hubby got our receipt number, so u can just call them and ask ^_^ even if u ask the nonmilitary USCIS hotline

when i called to get my n400 receipt# they asked me for

1) Alien #

2)first&last name

3)and date of birth

i tried looking it up on the website right away, my thing wasn't to be found so i called them again and I was told that for n400s the website isn't very reliable sometimes because it doesn't get updated right away.

she did tell me though average n400 takes 4-9 months..

so i'm praying we get thru it sooner since we're doing 319b, and there's this thing that we have to be here for at least 1 yr after the citizenship T_T

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline

Had a cover sheet I typed up listing everything I had included inside a file folder(and labeled file folder with my name and A# on it, inserted all documents and application, check and pictures inside folder unstapled and loose only using paper clips). I paper clipped the check to the first page of application on left hand side of application. Then paper clipped the passport style color photos to the top of the first page of application, then after application I put in order all supporting documents they asked for in N400 instructions, listing this same order for each item on my cover page.

1) cover page with my name and A# and what application I was applying for, listing all supporting documents I had included in the folder, the check, passport photos, etc.

2) the email form page USCIS has available that you can fill out to have them alert you and update you by email or text message when they receive your N400 application into their system.

3)application(with check paper clipped to it and passport photos paper clipped to first page of application). Then rest of application unstapled and just in page order I did not paper clip it.

4) all the supporting documents in order I listed on my cover page unstapled and no paper clips.

I just inserted it all in that order inside a regular legal or office style file folder with my name and A# and application form number N400 on the tab of folder. Then put a couple of rubber bands around the file folder to keep it from coming open and spilling open. Then file folder inside envelope and mailed USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation. Done this type of organization of application and documents now about 3 times since I started this whole process back in 2006 and worked like a charm thus far with USCIS.

what did you guys use to attach all those pages in the naturalization application before mailing it?

Timeline

Agreed, and as fast as your are moving, why rock the boat, looks like you are going to head for a USCIS divorce really soon! I hope mine moves as fast a yours has so far! :thumbs:

Timeline

I agree with you and you are right, problem is it falls on deaf ear with Feds and USCIS. It is too big entity now and too insulated from reproach and thus they have no fear of their customers being unhappy cause what are we going to do, go to another country and leave and be citizens, I mean you are right it is ####### how they operate. What I have noticed is that from 2006 to 2007 for 2 years if you had problem and needed help and complained to your US Senator or House of Representative they could file a congressional inquiry on your behave and then suddenly issues would get resolved. BUT what I noticed last year in 2009 that was not working anymore or very well at all, basically USCIS was blowing off Congressman inquiries and giving them the run around. Now I do not know why but that was my personal experience and from others I know going through same thing. That is what worries me about them now, no accoutablity to anyone at all anymore, not even Congressmen! And this go schedule Infopass #######, or call disinformation hotline or you have to sit and wait 3-6 months or so many days before they will look into something or a problem is just ridiculous! 3 months is more than enough time for them to push paperwork and give anyone a decision as to what is going to happen one way or the other! They have us all by the short hairs, nothing we can do but suck it up for now and pray it all ends very soon this fall! Not sure if you noticed but the Obama administration already recommended fee increases across the board for USCIS filings and they are in the comments period of review phase right now, so anyday now look for everyone's future filing fees to rise, one more reason to get this citizenship done and over with ASAP before it ends up over $1000 plus! Just think, instead of giving us the choice to file for 10 yr GC or citizenship last year USCIS forces us to pay another set of fees for 1 more year and then get to file for citizenship, I mean why not make the 2 yr GC into a 3 yr one or at least 5 years GC! But then they would not get all that fee income they are so desperately wanting from us all that file legally! :whistle:

Timeline

Hey good idea on the customer complaint forum, but USCIS will never allow it, typical government cover up. Any other business goes out of business or loses business but see they are a monopoly and they know no matter what you do nothing is going to change you from using their services. Sucks, not right or fair, USCIS needs a major operational overhaul.

I do think you are onto something here with lack of customers filing now. If you look at the VisaJourney filings for N400 for the members that post their timelines for each month on this forum and go back through to 2005, it drops off drastically like more than half I notice since 5 years ago and the last round of fee increases from July of 2007, plus the economy has tanked for 3 years now going on. And I read a USCIS official statement letter back in May/June explaining their reasoning behind raising the fees across the board again for all Immigration filings. Basically they admitted that their projected fee income they were anticipating off those fee increases of 2007 did not pan out at all and fell way short, thus they have less revenue now in 2010 than back in 2007. Less filings, etc. Which one would think they would realize that there is a reason why your revenue is down, cause you charge far too much and your service sucks and people are like hey, I got a 10 yr GC, the hell with this aggravation and expense for another round with USCIS I will wait for citizenship!

And just like the US Post office instead of holding rates the same or decreasing them in order to attract more business or volume what do they do, RAISE rate, that is the solution! ANd they drive more customers away or they wait and file later. But I agree with you, with this economy in tank since 2007 to present and with those rate increases on filing, there is usually about a 3-6 mth or 12 mth lag until it finally hits home with your customers and well look at the filings here on VJ, even in 2010 months thus far only about 10-15 a month filing N400 total of those that report their timelines compared to previous 2-4 years, look back and see there would be like 50 plus or 100 plus each month, but not now! Which bright side of this is we will get faster processing and less waiting for those of us now filing and hopefully less problems or wait, since USCIS definitely is only processing half the work load or less then what they were 2-4 years ago on N400! :hehe:

I wonder if the USCIS quality control dept ever reads these forums and resolves to improve in these areas. If it was a company and they had a huge forum like this inhabited by their customers, they would monitor it constantly.

I wonder if anyone ever suggests it in their management meetings ?

Could be the public are wise to what happens and that is why our applications are moving so fast - lack of customers - people can't face the hassle again.

If this was an 18 month process as it used to be - I wouldn't bother

Timeline

not long... did you send in the form that tells em to email and /or text you with the number ? That's exciting !

Anyway check cleared is great coz it means they are not sending your file back...

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Cool, right behind you SirLancelot. Mailed mine on 8/17 and they received it on 8/19 so today my check should clear the bank! I had noticed it seemed they were averaging business 5 days from receiving application to cashing a check! And another 3-5 business days to send out email notification and mail NOA! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.