Heracles

Chinese general backs the American dream

86 posts in this topic

What is yer opinion on General Liu's upcoming sh|tstorm ?

This is only the third time you've asked him without a reply. Try again, maybe he'll form a coherent answer on something he obviously knows nothing about.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Our denominator is huge compared to Australias. Any reason why people from the developing world see more hope in America than they do in Australia? Care to take a guess?

Be careful, you're about to get him to admit that large numbers (as in, our many murders) don't actually mean anything because we're so freakin huge and they're only a very small percentage.

I'm sure he'll just play it off as some "well, we have a higher quality of life according to this index" figure instead while completely ignoring the fact that AUS is very restrictive on immigration policy and for that very reason, CAN'T compete with numbers like ours.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Our denominator is huge compared to Australias. Any reason why people from the developing world see more hope in America than they do in Australia? Care to take a guess?

How long is a piece of string? Could have something to do with the immigration policy. Few are left using the US model on immigration, many now use Australia's points based system.

The is not the discussion though, the discussion is that the US no longer offers a better Q.O.L, therefore, is not the country of choice for people from the developed world.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Be careful, you're about to get him to admit that large numbers (as in, our many murders) don't actually mean anything because we're so freakin huge and they're only a very small percentage.

I'm sure he'll just play it off as some "well, we have a higher quality of life according to this index" figure instead while completely ignoring the fact that AUS is very restrictive on immigration policy and for that very reason, CAN'T compete with numbers like ours.

Immigration is a choice, 8% of immigrants to the US are from the first world.

I should not even waste my time discussing any stats with you, as you have no clue how to interpret them. Once again, you illustrate your failure to grasp studies like the human development index.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

the discussion is that the US no longer offers a better Q.O.L, therefore, is not the country of choice for people from the developed world.

When did that become the discussion?

Oh, that's right, just like every other thread, it's when you made it the point of your postings in a totally unrelated thread. That doesn't necessarily make it the point of discussion for the rest of us.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Timeline

Immigration is a choice, 8% of immigrants are from the first world.

8% of a very large number.

When did that become the discussion?

Oh, that's right, just like every other thread, it's when you made it the point of your postings in a totally unrelated thread. That doesn't necessarily make it the point of discussion for the rest of us.

The irony is this is his thread :lol: Dumb fool hijacked his own thread!

Which you demonstrated by.... wait, you didn't.

Population Density

AUS : 7 per sq mile

USA : 84 per sq mile

Unemployment Rate

AUS: 5.3%

USA: 9.6%

Debt as % of GDP

AUS: 14%

USA: 71%

Age as Independent Nation

AUS: 109 years

USA: 234 years

GDP - Out of 180 nations

AUS: 13th

USA: 1st

People dying from lack of health care

AUS: 0

USA: 45,000

Government's Net Debt

AUS: $16 Billion

USA: $12,000 Billion

HIV/AIDS Rate

AUS : 108th

USA : 67th

Minimum Wage - per hour:

AUS: $13.70

USA: $7.25

Mandated Vacation Time

AUS: 4 weeks

USA: 0

Murdered by means of Firearms

AUS: 59

USA: 9,369

~ US has 158 times the homicide rate by means of firearms.

Homicide rate - per capita

AUS: 1.2

USA: 5.4

~ Australia has 77% less murders per capita

Life expectancy

AUS: 5th

USA: 38th

International Education Index

AUS: 1st

USA: 19th

Corruption Index

AUS: 8th

USA: 19th

Legatum Prosperity Index annual ranking of 104 countries, according to a variety of factors including wealth, economic growth, personal wellbeing, and quality of life.

AUS: 1st

USA: 6th

Human Development Index - (Quality of life) which measures standard of living, in an attempt to quantify the options available to individuals within a given society.

AUS: 2nd

USA: 13th

Commitment to Development Index The Commitment to Development Index (CDI) rates 22 rich countries on how much they help poor countries build prosperity, good government, and security. Each rich country gets scores in seven policy areas, which are averaged for an overall score.

AUS: 8th

USA: 17th

Democracy Index

AUS: 10th

USA: 18th

Economic Freedom

AUS: 4th

USA: 5th

Global Peace Index

AUS: 19th

USA: 83rd

Failed States Index

AUS: 170th - 8th last

USA: 159th

The Economist's World's Most Livable Cities 2010

AUS: 4 in the top 10

USA: No City ranks in the top 50

Beer Consumption - Most important of them all

AUS: 4th

USA: 13th

Other points:

* Average household income in the USA: $44K

* Average salary per person in AUS is now: ~$53K USD

* To be considered in poverty in AUS, a family of two has to be making under $37,033 USD.

* To be considered in poverty in the USA, a family of two has to be making under $22,050 USD

Edited by Heracles

The irony is this is his thread :lol: Dumb fool hijacked his own thread!

Why am I a fool? Because you don't agree with me or because your mommy and daddy made a poor migration decision. In the past few years, you have repetitively failed to prove me wrong on anything. Unless you consider posts like you hate brown people as a ownage.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

And yet, people line up for hours all over the world for an American visa. Immigrating to Australia is a backup. You're like the safe school for the world youth looking for a better life.

Would you really want to immigrate to a nation of ex-cons?

And yet, people line up for hours all over the world for an American visa. Immigrating to Australia is a backup. You're like the safe school for the world youth looking for a better life.

You support limitless immigration numbers, the rest of the developed world does not. So of course, more people are going to migrate here. More people can afford a Corolla over a Audi A6, but that does not mean the Corolla is a better car.