Heracles

Chinese general backs the American dream

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I just looked up immigration statistics for Aus and US and Heracles is correct. More people from the UK move to Aus every year than move to the US. And the top two source countries for Aus are first world countries, NZ and UK. India and China are #'s 3 and 4 though so it's not like Aus is immune to the third world hordes.

Yep, I looked that up too. I'm quite surprised that there isn't more of a run on Down Under from emerging and developing countries. I guess being an island helps with the crowd control...

Yep, I looked that up too. I'm quite surprised that there isn't more of a run on Down Under from emerging and developing countries. I guess being an island helps with the crowd control...

Australia has an image among the Indians I know of being nice but inhospitable. America has a reputation for being less hostile, so when I'm in India you always hear of the people who have the itch to "go abroad" talk of Australia as their second (or third) choice, after America (and sometimes Canada).

Yes, Slim, hence their high property price.

Since you forgot to answer the question and instead just posted more BS, which people are immigrating there?

No, I just reference Australia as I know them best. Reality is that most yank cities rankly quite poorly when compared to others abroad. You can read up on it if you choose. Or you could leader the mid-west and visit them.

How many big cities does AUS have?

I've left the mid-west quite a few times, actually. I've been to several countries around the world and lived abroad for three years. Comparatively speaking, a big city is a big city and for the most part, countries as a whole have big cities with nice parts (and slums) and then villages way out there. Most folks live somewhere right in the middle.

Yes I travel for work. Great people there, but the place has taken a massive dive.

By massive dive do you mean our urban areas are decaying because folks have "moved on up" to the suburbs?

Quoting extremes is not the norm. Then again, you have a knack for doing this, as you do in gun discussions. Go research the median house price or condo price in Cincinnati, then get back to me.

You've already done that. And it's kind of funny that you felt the need to do so after getting PWNED on the "$600,000 condo in Ohio?" post. It was like you were saying they didn't exist and when I showed you they did, you had to get all "well, that's not what I was really saying" on us.

Like that never happens here! Extreme? You betcha!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I just looked up immigration statistics for Aus and US and Heracles is correct. More people from the UK move to Aus every year than move to the US. And the top two source countries for Aus are first world countries, NZ and UK. India and China are #'s 3 and 4 though so it's not like Aus is immune to the third world hordes.

Come on now, I don't have problem with people's country of origin. My point is that excluding those from second and third world countries, apart for the aforementioned reasons, few come from first world countries any more. This does not mean the US is bad, however, it does illustrate that a wide variety of countries now [in 2010] offer a better higher Q.O.L; something reflected by a range of studies. In fact, a large portion of these studies come out of the US.

The other thing I like about Australia's immigration approach is that there is a good balance of people from around the world entering. Whereas, the US immigration is now being dominated by low-skilled Latin Americans.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Embracing the "American" style|dream has nothing to do with disputes over territorial waters, etc... How those disputes are worked out is what is important.

Edited by BobandXiaomei

You traveled during your military years and are a product of the military. I have spoken to many in and out of the military, who all state few venture out of military areas, to learn [or care to learn] about the country they are stationed in abroad.

The rest of your arguments are just as per usually silly and coming out of the azz, yet you think they are a legitimate responses. If they were legitimate, you are basically saying a city of 300K, where the median household salary is $42K, has apartments that average the same price of NYC and LA.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

... few come from first world countries any more.

I'm not sure "few" is a good way to describe it. I have the PDF from uscis.gov open in front of me right now and Table 3 titled "Legal Permanent Resident Flow by Region and Country of Birth: Fiscal Years 2007 to 2009" has 25,859 from South Korea (first world country), 16,140 from Canada (first world country) and 15,748 from the UK (first world country).

Oh and Table 5 titled "Legal Permanent Resident Flow by Metropolitan Area of Residence: Fiscal Years 2007 to 2009" is a real doozy. Guess which metro area is #1? It's that place you hate so much.

New York - Northern New Jersey - Long Island

Followed closely at #2 with another target of your contempt...

Los Angeles - Long Beach - Santa Ana

Please post the actual numbers and also the visa procedures for their entry into AUS compared to entry into the US.

Could it be that perhaps they're overstaying their visas and/or not getting visas in the first place?

By which metric could that opinion be justified?

I am saying this as someone with absolutely no knowledge of Russia whatsoever. So this isn't a challenge.

Not taking it as a challenge at all. Just saying that basing a country's first world status on it's GDP isn't quite accurate in all instances. First world status is somewhat of a subjective term anyway.

Logical people base opinions like that on research and direct comparison, rather than personal opinion.

For example: in terms of Human Development, Russia ranks 71, US 13 [and dropping], Australia 2nd

So, when you say "research" and reference Human Development... uh, what are you really saying?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I'm not sure "few" is a good way to describe it. I have the PDF from uscis.gov open in front of me right now and Table 3 titled "Legal Permanent Resident Flow by Region and Country of Birth: Fiscal Years 2007 to 2009" has 25,859 from South Korea (first world country), 16,140 from Canada (first world country) and 15,748 from the UK (first world country).

I have the same PDF and it works out to be 1.4% of immigrants. Now lets extrapolate how many of those are due to family based reasons.

So, when you say "research" and reference Human Development... uh, what are you really saying?

Read up on it, you may learn something from a change, than just rely on opinion.

You traveled during your military years and are a product of the military. I have spoken to many in and out of the military, who all state few venture out of military areas, to learn [or care to learn] about the country they are stationed in abroad.

So because those folks were idiots and didn't take advantage of their time overseas that means I didn't either?

I've taken more trips abroad as a civilian than I did in the military, so that shoots your theory in the foot.

I'm still wondering why your postings are about nothing more than AUS and US. Could it be because you have no first-hand knowledge of those "other" places?

The rest of your arguments are just as per usually silly and coming out of the azz, yet you think they are a legitimate responses. If they were legitimate, you are basically saying a city of 300K, where the median household salary is $42K, has apartments that average the same price of NYC and LA.

I never said anything about averages. I called you on your post of Ohio not having $600,000 condos and showed you one in my area. When I proved you wrong you went off on something about median housing costs and - once again - how AUS is so much better than the US and the Midwest.

Care to try again?

Русский форум член.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Read up on it, you may learn something from a change, than just rely on opinion.

What is yer opinion on General Liu's upcoming sh|tstorm ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yeah, I see what you're talking about. It rates a whole bunch of things and then makes a list of "which country is best." A completely unbiased ranking of what some people think is important.

http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/understanding/sources/

Русский форум член.

Yes, because we have a lot more immigrants than Australia does. And yet, those numbers aren't "few".

I retrieved the data from USCIS and took out all of the countries ranked as first world. Makes it look like I am doing work for a change. :lol:

As of 2009, ~8% of PR were born in first world countries.

Source: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/yearbook/2009/table03d.xls

Edited by Heracles