Obama 2012

Obama Administration Against Free Speech. Tells Own Supporter To Not Show Up! After He Paid $10,000 for Dinner!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Obama admin against free speech? :whistle:

video version is on the website if you want to watch it.

------

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Outspoken-Contributor-Turned-Away-By-Obama-100305019.html

DALLAS — At least one person who paid his $10,000 to eat and mingle with President Obama in Dallas Monday evening did not show up.

Dallas businessman Ralph Isenberg says he was told by political organizers not to appear, and he believes he knows why.

Isenberg has never been afraid to speak his mind.

Not as Dallas Plan Commissioner; not as a Park Board member; and not now as an advocate for immigrant children facing deportation.

Most recently, he has focused on the case of 19-year-old Saad Nabeel, a native of Bangladesh, a prospective UTA and SMU scholarship student, who was deported this year after 16 years in the U.S. and in the Dallas area.

Isenberg paid $10,000 last week to have dinner — and perhaps get an audience — with Obama to discuss Nabeel's case.

"I had been told that if you spend this kind of money, there's going to be a line, and you are going to have one to two minutes to say your piece," Isenberg said. "So I was getting ready to say my piece."

On Saturday, Isenberg's intentions were published in an article in the Texas Civil Rights Review.

Then on Sunday, his hopes of visiting with Obama about Nabeel's case were dashed.

"I get this frantic call from Washington saying, 'Mr. Isenberg, you've been flagged,'" Isenberg said.

The representative from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee who was handling the Obama fundraiser declined to tell Isenberg or News 8 what being "flagged" meant, other than that he was no longer welcome to attend.

"I'm not saying that the President of the United States is censoring me," said Isenberg. "But what I am saying is, somebody on his staff doesn't want the man to deal with the realities, and the reality is we've got kids like this all over the nation that need to come home."

The Committee says it will refund Isenberg's $10,000 donation.

And while Isenberg never did eat, he says the rejection by his own political party leaves a bad taste in his mouth.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

It's not exactly "free speech" if you're paying $10,000

Especially when you have to pay that kind of money to be heard by your elected representatives.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

Meh, I dunno about this one, The case seems pretty complicated with the kid, and I'm not going to be a hypocrite here and say that the kid should have stayed. The parents were refused asylum, and then according to the article, they refused to leave.

I don't think this is something you can discuss over 1 or 2 minutes at a dinner.

At least they returned his money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Especially when you have to pay that kind of money to be heard by your elected representatives.

Yup

They probably thought he was going to ouit right Blame Obama for the deportation and would't even listen to Obama had to say about it if anything.

Obama may be cause indirectly due to the being the president but he probably advised not to step in at that time on the immigration case for what ever reason.

Possibly to martyr the student to hopefully gain more sympathy support for the agenda? ( I know far fetched but I could see how it could work that way)

Possibly to martyr the student to hopefully gain more sympathy support for the agenda? ( I know far fetched but I could see how it could work that way)

That's what it would've looked like on the news. "Obama dismisses illegal immigrant deportation case... does he want to deport ALL illegals?"

They'd spin it into "Oh. He was from Bangladesh. Wrong brown dude. OK, let's get back to voting democrat now."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

word to your mum

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG