5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thank u very much for ur support i have just sent out IV bill and yet to send REf for I864 since i am working on my store inventory. agin thank u :yes:

Successfully attempted an early walk-in for Biometrics today :dance:

.......:thumbs:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They told me to wait 8 weeks for them to set up an interview

I filed for my mom/dad in jamaica. my 2 cases were completed on 9/13/2010 and was told my interview will be sometime in november 2010. hope you get yours.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filed for my mom/dad in jamaica. my 2 cases were completed on 9/13/2010 and was told my interview will be sometime in november 2010. hope you get yours.

I am also looking forward for a november date

Vinnette

It is their standard reply. Just check from the AVR(Automated Voice Response), when they completed your case. :wacko:

I did it says wait 8 weeks

Timeline

Hey Mr. Visa Grant

I sent an email to NVC for CSPA facts,I received the email after couple of days stating that my case has been put into CSPA review.

I also had send DS-3032 via email to NVC,Today I received that they had accepted MY Choice of Address and Agent and IV fee bill got generated,I checked the link you provided My link,it has name for all family members including my 25 year old brother,so we are covered under CSPA right.?

Sir you told me to collect the following documents:-

Then NVC will send the kit via email and you should start assembling all the below documents..:yes:

--Original Marriage certificate

--Photocopy of Marriage Certificate

--Original Birth Certificate

--Photocopy of Birth Certificate

--Original Police Clearance Certificate from Local Police Station.

--Original Police Clearance Certificate from Regional Passport Office.

--Photocopy of beneficiary's Indian passport.

When they will ask me to submit all this.?I suppose this all will be going in IV package.

My petitioner is my choice of agent,but the tax forms will be submitted by someone else;so which form should be filled?I-864W or I-864EZ

Please guide me through.

Thanks for all the help Sir,You owe me big time...

GOD BLESS ALL

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Timeline

Hey Mr. Visa Grant

I sent an email to NVC for CSPA facts,I received the email after couple of days stating that my case has been put into CSPA review.

I also had send DS-3032 via email to NVC,Today I received that they had accepted MY Choice of Address and Agent and IV fee bill got generated,I checked the link you provided My link,it has name for all family members including my 25 year old brother,so we are covered under CSPA right.? Sir you told me to collect the following documents:-

Then NVC will send the kit via email and you should start assembling all the below documents..:yes:

--Original Marriage certificate

--Photocopy of Marriage Certificate

--Original Birth Certificate

--Photocopy of Birth Certificate

--Original Police Clearance Certificate from Local Police Station.

--Original Police Clearance Certificate from Regional Passport Office.

--Photocopy of beneficiary's Indian passport.

When they will ask me to submit all this.?I suppose this all will be going in IV package.My petitioner is my choice of agent,but the tax forms will be submitted by someone else;so which form should be filled?I-864W or I-864EZ Please guide me through. Thanks for all the help Sir,You owe me big time...GOD BLESS ALL

Uday

First..Congrats on ur progress at NVC..:thumbs:

You are covered under CSPA..:yes:

Check the below link and u will know the process followed within NVC

NVC Progress

After u paid the IV fees online...

1. Wait 2 to 5 days (but keep checking online payment portal ( My link) status,once a day after 3 PM EST) .

2. When status changes in the online payment portal to "PAID" - get the Payment Receipt AND Coversheet from the online payment portal.

3." PRINT" the payment receipt AND coversheet.

4. Send off the form, the supporting docs, and the coversheet and payment notice to NVC.

Once the above steps are finished, keep checking the online payment portal and your email for the NEXT steps, then go through the above 4 steps again.

Unless if there are any delays at NVC, the AOS (I-864) is accepted first, then the IV (DS-230) is second.

Does the petitioner meet the income requirement with "OWN" income? If yes, petitioner has the choice of using either (864 or 864EZ). If not, and petitioner is combining the income, needs to use I-864. Since you are the intending immigrant, no I-864A is needed in that case.

It's better to send only the basic required documents with the AOS application -- tax transcripts, W-2, etc. and then bring the big stack of documents to the interview, showing them on an as-needed basis according to what is being asked and said in the consulate interview later.

Ask the petitioner to see the copy of their 1040, find the line that says "adjusted gross income" and copy the amount in that field to the AOS form.

Regarding assembling the documents, especially the police certificate(PC) takes longer, so as you have already paid the IV bill, take a copy of the coversheet to get the PC faster.

Don't forget all the listed documents has to be sent in "ORIGINAL" along with the photocopies to NVC

Finally, as said earlier, make 3 copies of all documents incase of an emergency need and Also write down your NVC Number on a postscript and keep them on all your originals

:star:

Timeline

I am also looking forward for a november date

I did it says wait 8 weeks

Vinnette

For RICARDO4EVA2 the case was completed on 9/13/2010 and is scheduled for Nov 2010 Interview. As ur case was completed on 9/2/2010, with the best intent, the interview should be in Nov.

Call NVC and talk to a "Human" or check with their Supervisor, till they say something about ur interview.. :bonk:

Timeline

Vinnette

Call the below number..

1-202-663-1225

Press 0 for an Operator

Please be aware that not all of them have the correct information, and you can call back and ask for someone else or request a supervisor if you feel you're being given misinformation (SOMETIMES this helps, sometimes not). :bonk:

Dos 'Human' knows

when it arrived at US Embassy (maybe)

when the appointment date is set

interview results

:)

Timeline

Vinnette

For RICARDO4EVA2 the case was completed on 9/13/2010 and is scheduled for Nov 2010 Interview. As ur case was completed on 9/2/2010, with the best intent, the interview should be in Nov.

Call NVC and talk to a "Human" or check with their Supervisor, till they say something about ur interview.. :bonk:

we must also factor in that her case/category is at the bottom and with visa limits. i certainly hope for the best...!

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

Uday

First..Congrats on ur progress at NVC..:thumbs:

You are covered under CSPA..:yes:

Check the below link and u will know the process followed within NVC

NVC Progress

After u paid the IV fees online...

1. Wait 2 to 5 days (but keep checking online payment portal ( My link) status,once a day after 3 PM EST) .

2. When status changes in the online payment portal to "PAID" - get the Payment Receipt AND Coversheet from the online payment portal.

3." PRINT" the payment receipt AND coversheet.

4. Send off the form, the supporting docs, and the coversheet and payment notice to NVC.

Once the above steps are finished, keep checking the online payment portal and your email for the NEXT steps, then go through the above 4 steps again.

Unless if there are any delays at NVC, the AOS (I-864) is accepted first, then the IV (DS-230) is second.

Does the petitioner meet the income requirement with "OWN" income? If yes, petitioner has the choice of using either (864 or 864EZ). If not, and petitioner is combining the income, needs to use I-864. Since you are the intending immigrant, no I-864A is needed in that case.

It's better to send only the basic required documents with the AOS application -- tax transcripts, W-2, etc. and then bring the big stack of documents to the interview, showing them on an as-needed basis according to what is being asked and said in the consulate interview later.

Ask the petitioner to see the copy of their 1040, find the line that says "adjusted gross income" and copy the amount in that field to the AOS form.

Regarding assembling the documents, especially the police certificate(PC) takes longer, so as you have already paid the IV bill, take a copy of the coversheet to get the PC faster.

Don't forget all the listed documents has to be sent in "ORIGINAL" along with the photocopies to NVC

Finally, as said earlier, make 3 copies of all documents incase of an emergency need and Also write down your NVC Number on a postscript and keep them on all your originals

:star:

Sir,

We already applied for PC about 5 days ago;i hope that i will get it quick.

AOS has already been paid;can i send I-864 right away? And when IV fee bill has been paid i can send DS-230 also;without the notification from NVC? or should i wait till NVC tells us to do so?

Regards,

Uday

Spoiler

USCIS

NVC

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

Timeline

Sir,

We already applied for PC about 5 days ago;i hope that i will get it quick.

AOS has already been paid;can i send I-864 right away? And when IV fee bill has been paid i can send DS-230 also;without the notification from NVC? or should i wait till NVC tells us to do so?

Regards,

Uday

you MUST wait until the Cover Letters are generated before you can send ANY documents to the NVC.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

RICARDO4EVA2 is right..:yes:

Uday, check for I-864 bar code coversheet from the online payment site and then print and express mail the entire I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Package to NVC.

Write NVC Case Number on the top right hand corner of all pages of the I-864 Package and supplemental pages (tax invoices, employment letter, etc.)

For DS 230, If the payment shows as paid, print out IV bill bar code coversheet from the online payment site. You have to attach the original PC, so, u have to wait for that.

Meanwhile after mailing I-864, Keep calling NVC and check whether their system is updated for your I-864..:thumbs:

Timeline

we must also factor in that her case/category is at the bottom and with visa limits. i certainly hope for the best...!

My Pd is january 28 2000 case was approve on january 2009 ... case complete on september 2 2010 now waiting for medical and interview

After Waiting for 10 yrs, the system moves and then more waiting time for the interview is really taxing..:crying:

Timeline

RICARDO4EVA2 is right..:yes:

Uday, check for I-864 bar code coversheet from the online payment site and then print and express mail the entire I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Package to NVC.

Write NVC Case Number on the top right hand corner of all pages of the I-864 Package and supplemental pages (tax invoices, employment letter, etc.)

For DS 230, If the payment shows as paid, print out IV bill bar code coversheet from the online payment site. You have to attach the original PC, so, u have to wait for that.

Meanwhile after mailing I-864, Keep calling NVC and check whether their system is updated for your I-864..:thumbs:

Thank you RICARDO4EVA2 and VISAGRANT. My both AOS and IV fees are paid now. I will be sending I-864 and DS-230 as soon as possible.

I will let you know guys any other updation on my case.

Thanks for everything.

Spoiler

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

Thank you RICARDO4EVA2 and VISAGRANT. My both AOS and IV fees are paid now. I will be sending I-864 and DS-230 as soon as possible.

I will let you know guys any other updation on my case.

Thanks for everything.

Uday

:thumbs:

Keep updated your timeline as u progress..:yes:

it will set an example and would be helpful for future F4 filers..:star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.