5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I assume they have a huge backlog of people waiting who came under retrogession in January 2011 and those cases have to be cleared out first too.

My interview was scheduled on 10. June 2011 which was cancelled due to this retrogession (one week before interview) :angry:

My PD (7 Feb 2001) became current again in August 2012 - but still haven't received I/L - although consulate send me email confirming that my priority date is current again.

Today when I tried to schedule appointment through CSC it said " next available appointment is in 130 days (that's over 4 months).

And consulates don't schedule appointments which are over 2 months.

Nothing more to do than just wait, roll thumbs, have a cold one and ...

Is there anyone out there who also came under retrogession ?

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I assume they have a huge backlog of people waiting who came under retrogession in January 2011 and those cases have to be cleared out first too.

My interview was scheduled on 10. June 2011 which was cancelled due to this retrogession (one week before interview) :angry:

My PD (7 Feb 2001) became current again in August 2012 - but still haven't received I/L - although consulate send me email confirming that my priority date is current again.

Today when I tried to schedule appointment through CSC it said " next available appointment is in 130 days (that's over 4 months).

So that is the real situation on ground. It is not Good. Very bad.

Savvy Boy

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

You need to call NVC and have them schedual u an appointment not consulate !

Timeline

You need to call NVC and have them schedual u an appointment not consulate !

I am past the NVC processing stage...

NVC processes your case nr./file and when your paperwork is completed and all fees paid then it forwards it to consulate for consular processing and visa issuance.

You will receive notice to go to CSC website and schedule your appointment, I don't know about your country, but anyway that's the procedure here.

My file is no longer at NVC as I have already been scheduled an appointment (June 2011) which was cancelled due to retrogession.

I have to re-schedule my appointment because of the retrogession and my PD getting current again (for 2nd time).

My case/file is already at the consulate stage.

I don't want you guys to get discouraged, after all most of us F4's have waited 10+years and that's a lot of patience... :blink:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I am past the NVC processing stage...

NVC processes your case nr./file and when your paperwork is completed and all fees paid then it forwards it to consulate for consular processing and visa issuance.

You will receive notice to go to CSC website and schedule your appointment, I don't know about your country, but anyway that's the procedure here.

My file is no longer at NVC as I have already been scheduled an appointment (June 2011) which was cancelled due to retrogession.

I have to re-schedule my appointment because of the retrogession and my PD getting current again (for 2nd time).

My case/file is already at the consulate stage.

I don't want you guys to get discouraged, after all most of us F4's have waited 10+years and that's a lot of patience... :blink:

Well I have friend who works for LA law firm immigration and she says if consulate failed to schedual app you need to contact NVC directly and tell them that you are current but have not received I/L...

If your appointment has been canceled cuz of retrogression not lack if document , NVC is still involved...

She says for immigration visas like F categories, consultant just announce their availability Interview to NVC 15th of each month and according to that NVC will schedual u interview .

BTW I'm just saying what she says

It good to ask an immigration lawer

Good luck :)

Edited by 2005oct

This delay is upsetting for all of us. being stuck with F4, does anyone know if category can be switched? Actually now my son who is a US citizen turned 21 and i am not sure if i should go with a new petition from him or stay in waiting line for crawling movement of F4. Anyone has any idea? PD April 16, 2001.

Edited by mema

If you write to NVCInquiry@state.gov explaining your case, they will give you an answer in no more than 5-10 days. You lose nothing by trying.

Timeline

If you write to NVCInquiry@state.gov explaining your case, they will give you an answer in no more than 5-10 days. You lose nothing by trying.

I already wrote to NVC in another matter concerning my son who is 21 years old. They said "any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy or Consulate General".

When your file "physically" leaves NVC that's it - No more NVC and from then onwards you have to deal with the consulate/embassy - CSC - USCIS etc.

To poster 2005oct

The consulate does not send cases back to NVC but to State Dept - USCIS - when there is retrogession etc. until PD becomes current again.

I already called USCIS and they will only talk to petitioner (person in USA) as compared to someone calling from another country.

The consulate was very helpful because they send me an email confirming that my priority date is current again and I should go ahead and schedule appointment. (this shows it's not in their hand)

But when I go to schedule appointment on CSC website - it says "next available appointment is in 130 days" and " your PD is not current at the moment, you are not permitted to schedule appointment...

It's usually in October when they start allotting visas worldwide. Hope next week brings good news!!!

Timeline

@ goodbuck25

PS she says consulate did send all cases back to NVC until their PD becomes available again!!!

I just called NVC 5 minutes ago - and she confirmed - when NVC forwards your file to consulate for visa processing/interview, then all communication/dealing is in the hands of the consulate.

If consulate has to send files back - then only to USCIS - no more NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.