mare333

im new here and need opinion how to start all this process

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi all!

Im new here and need help.

I have read many topics and still confused about what to do.

This is situation: Im currently in europe,with my girlfriend. Im US citizen.

We decided to get married so we can continue to live together in US.

I have been almost 4 months now here in europe and gave up my job in US. I also sold my house there.

Now, if i understand i have to have job in US to be able to file for her. Im i rirght?

Or my money in bank can be enough? Can i use co-sponsor (friend)?

Then most important thing is : Which visa we should use? Should we just go to US ambassy and ask them for advice?

Im afraid this process can take forever and we dont want to be separated for long time...

thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Are you a temp resident? I am not the expert but I can put you towards the Direct COnsular Filing (DCF) forum..

From what I gather you might meet the qualifications to file a I-130 at your consulate. This is after you've been married. It is the fastest Visa route but only works if you meet the qualifications. Plus you need to establish that you will reestablish ties with the US. I am not the expert by any means (as I am still on my NoA1 for my visa). However, the visa guide will help you.

Good luck

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-07-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-08-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-08-10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Try to first get in touch with the nearest US embassy in your area. Now as you live in europe with your wife, there are high chances that you can file DCF (direct consular filing).

DCF is well known and applies to those who wants to file I-130 in the US consulate abroad. But there are some rules and conditions that must be met. Petitioner (in this case you) must have to provide enough evidence to show that you had a strong tie with where you stayed in europe, proof of any property, if you own, proof of bank account, proof of house/apartment, if employed than pay stubs, letter of employment ... these are vary by country to country ... so you can definately first get in touch with US consulate.

DCF is faster compare to filing I-130 in USA.

Regarding, financial support you can also use beneficiary's proof of income and also someone in usa. Also, if you are workign currently, than that would also work. Again cheak on this as well.

good luck.

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To file DCF - OP you need to be a legal resident of that european country (as opposed to a simple tourist) and you need to have been a legal resident for 6 months. We shouldn't assume he does qualify as of yet, most importantly because he isn't married

If you post as to your current status, you'll get more answers but as of right now, it doesn't sound like you currently qualify.

You can use income at 125% above the current poverty rate or 3 times above the 125% poverty rate for assests (savings, house, etc). If you still don't qualify, you can use a co-sponsor - any US citizen will do

Good luck

PS as for which visa, I'd go for the K-1 (if you won't qualify for DCF in the near future). You can petition today and not have to wait

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

thank you all for your response!!

Country where my GF is from is Serbia. I have been here for 3 months now but not as LEGAL RESIDENT. Just visiting....

Her parents wants her to get married in serbia and im ok with that.

But im confused about which visa to choose?

I have my US bank account with over 100.000$ in... do i still need a job or co-sponsor in order to start whole process?

We are trying to get in touch with US ambassy here to get more info but i assume that you guys here know a lot about this.

thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, you do not qualify for DCF so that ends that discussion. Further, you plan on marrying in Serbia so that ends the K-1 discussion.

So easy, your visa will be the Cr-1. You'll file the I-130, the G-325A and supporting documents. You'll send the documents to the lockbox in Chicago and wait. Follow the guides for the visa and you should do fine

Good luck

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.