johnblair75

Belarus (Polish embassy) Questions K-1 visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

My fiance's interview is soon and I had just a few questions:

1. I-134 question: I have a co-sponser (my father) and was wondering about his tax returns.... he had only the one from last year. Is this bad? Do I need to have more than one year's return or I could be denied?

2. For anyone who travelled to Poland with their fiance: I was just wondering how difficult it is to get to the Polish Embassy in Warsaw from the airport. I am planning on meeting her there and spending a week with her.. The place we will stay is near the embassy.

1. I-134 question: I have a co-sponser (my father) and was wondering about his tax returns.... he had only the one from last year. Is this bad? Do I need to have more than one year's return or I could be denied?

2. For anyone who travelled to Poland with their fiance: I was just wondering how difficult it is to get to the Polish Embassy in Warsaw from the airport. I am planning on meeting her there and spending a week with her.. The place we will stay is near the embassy.

My recolection is that the embassy isn't at all close to the airport. The good news is that the embassy is (again, my memory is a little fuzzy) closer to old town and the city center. Good Luck!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

2. ?Curious did she use her appointment for her VISA to Poland or get a tourist VISA?

Also I strongly advise going to the US EMBASSY in Warsaw for the appointment not the "Polish Embassy in Warsaw" if you don't want to miss her appointment :thumbs:

Good Luck and stay at the Polonia Palace across from the train station, awesome breakfast, really nice hotel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

2. ?Curious did she use her appointment for her VISA to Poland or get a tourist VISA?

Also I strongly advise going to the US EMBASSY in Warsaw for the appointment not the "Polish Embassy in Warsaw" if you don't want to miss her appointment :thumbs:

Good Luck and stay at the Polonia Palace across from the train station, awesome breakfast, really nice hotel.

She has not got her visa to Poland yet.. but we were planning on getting a tourist visa so we could stay there together for a week...

I meant the US EMBASSY in Warsaw just typo sorry for confusion.

We were going to stay at some Hostel But I might look into this Polonia Palace now... Do you know the easiest way to get there from the Airport?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As far as tax returns, a single one is sufficient. I only had one since I hadn't been working for pay the year before. The form says you can submit up to 3 if you think it strengthens your case.

Also, if there is a legitimate reason why your father didn't file taxes that you think would strengthen you case if you explained it, you are welcome to attach an explanation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

She has not got her visa to Poland yet.. but we were planning on getting a tourist visa so we could stay there together for a week...

I meant the US EMBASSY in Warsaw just typo sorry for confusion.

We were going to stay at some Hostel But I might look into this Polonia Palace now... Do you know the easiest way to get there from the Airport?

It takes quite a while to get the Polish VISA you have to go online and ask for an appointment to stand in line all day, then it takes them 10 days to get her the VISA, so if you have appointment date already you should be moving on this in case of any problems. Tourist VISA is the way to go as the NVC appointment letter doesn't seem to get by the Polish Consulate they want the original letter from the US Embassy in Warsaw.

The "easiest" and "cheapest" ways to get from the Airport to the Embassy are two different things. The easiest is to walk outside the airport and get in the que for a cab. make sure you get in line for the "numbered cabs" and don't get sidelined by one of the fast talking English speaking non-licensed cab drivers who will cost you about $100 to get anywhere in Warsaw. They are very aggressive so I recommend you do not engage with them at all, just look like you know what you are doing. Get in the line that has the cabs that have telephone numbers on the windows or painted on the cars. Hand the cabbie the address of the Embassy and you are on your way. Make sure you have Zloty to pay for the cab not Euro.

You can take a bus into town from the Airport and hoof it which is extremely cheap but also a ticket to confusion and potentially being lost for a couple hours if you don't luck up and meet someone who speaks English on the bus who can tell you which bus to get on and when to get off. (I am assuming you don't speak or read Polish) If I remember correctly its quite a hike from the bus station into town if you don't know which local bus to get on.

Once you meet up with your fiance, things should go a little smoother since you can scout out older people (>45) they speak Russian too because of Poland being occupied. They will help out with directions to hotel after you leave the Embassy if that is where you are meeting.

I recommend a plan to meet at your hotel in case of flight delays since that is quite common on international flights so if you miss the interview you don't have confusion linking up with each other. (I came in a day late twice because of this) You might want to pick up a unlocked quad band phone if you don't have one and get a chip for international calls. You can get them at international terminals in most European Airports or you can order online. That way you have phone communications the minute you hit the ground.

Polonia Palace is across from the main train station in Warsaw and easy to find for your fiance if she is coming in from Belarus by train. If she comes in by bus I think the station is about a 2/3 mile hike on the same road as the train station. There are local buses but again tough to figure out on first day if you don't speak Polish. Also you mentioned Hostel which to me translates "budget trip", Polonia palace is the equivalent of a 4 star in the US, but they do run some good deals, make sure they include breakfast wherever you stay in your room rate. Good Luck

here is some good general info on Warsaw;

My link

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.