artfulalex

Got blue

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Interview was August 3. My wife said everything was going fine and that they even slipped the pink slip in but then took it back after one more question. They asked if she had relatives living in the U.S. She listed all the ones she knew which was a lot. About 7 families total. The interpreter took the pink out and gave her the blue.

The questions were the usual: how we met, when we met in person, when was the last time, did we have a Dam Hoi, and wedding.

My wife messed up on questions about where I went to school. She couldn't remember what school and where it was located. The name is really long. Anyways blue sheet requires and updated timeline, list of my past residences for the last 10 years and a list of my spouse's relatives and residences in the U.S.

Date to submit, August 31.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Interview was August 3. My wife said everything was going fine and that they even slipped the pink slip in but then took it back after one more question. They asked if she had relatives living in the U.S. She listed all the ones she knew which was a lot. About 7 families total. The interpreter took the pink out and gave her the blue.

The questions were the usual: how we met, when we met in person, when was the last time, did we have a Dam Hoi, and wedding.

My wife messed up on questions about where I went to school. She couldn't remember what school and where it was located. The name is really long. Anyways blue sheet requires and updated timeline, list of my past residences for the last 10 years and a list of my spouse's relatives and residences in the U.S.

Date to submit, August 31.

be thorough in the info you generate for the response dont overlook anything or anyone... if you give it to them early.. be sure to be there on the 31st (one of you) to get a decision.. or at least to try to get one... the huge number of relatives triggered the blue... best of luck

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scott is correct. The family living in the US most likely triggered the Blue Slip. Address ALL the issues from the Blue Slip and submit them on the date the slips tells you to. Good luck :)

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We only listed immediate siblings--my husband only has one, his sister. However, he does have aunts and uncles and cousins here, but we didn't list them. We were also approved for the visa after submitting the information requested for 'list of relatives'.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

Her having a lot of relatives here is what was worrying me. Especially cause most of them recently came here within the last 3 years because her Uncle had them sponsored. My wife is also eligible to come here with her mother in a couple years also even if I didn't sponsor her. They also live in my area. Our families have been pretty close ever since we came to America as refugees.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

be thorough in the info you generate for the response dont overlook anything or anyone... if you give it to them early.. be sure to be there on the 31st (one of you) to get a decision.. or at least to try to get one... the huge number of relatives triggered the blue... best of luck

Make sure you get infor for ALL of the names she listed, this was a problem with out denial, but it was the CO that lied on what Binh said, so if she mentioned a name make sure she has proof of where that person lived, NO EXCEPTIONS, good luck and once you submit everything you need, you should be good to go, dont sweat it to much, just as all the others said get the things they want and get ready. Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.