I AM NOT THAT GUY

I Got My Correction Thanks to the The New York Times — Now Who’s Next?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Posted by Andrew Breitbart

Buried at the bottom of a story published the other day, the New York Times printed a curious little correction:

The Political Times column last Sunday, about a generational divide over racial attitudes, erroneously linked one example of a racially charged statement to the Tea Party movement. While Tea Party supporters have been connected to a number of such statements,
there is no evidence that epithets reportedly directed in March at Representative John Lewis, Democrat of Georgia, outside the Capitol, came from Tea Party members.

Let’s go over that again:

• The Times is admitting that there is absolutely no evidence that any epithets were shouted at the Congressman by any member of the Tea Party.

• This correction demonstrates we have finally proven our point to the nation’s most eminent and influential liberal media organ: that Rep. Andre Carson lied when he told the AP that members of the Tea Party hurled the “N-word” 15 times during the March 20 health-care rally that took place at the U.S. Capitol.

That’s great, as far as it goes – a thorough vindication of the Tea Party — but it doesn’t go far enough.

• It’s not enough for the Times to make a correction having let that calumny sit out there unrebuked for weeks and months and then, way after the fact, issue a correction.

• It’s not enough because the Times continues to imply that something racially charged might happened on the steps of the Capitol, when we have shown conclusively, via multiple videos of the moment in question, that nothing of the sort occurred.

It’s not enough because the Times correction is just the beginning. The same correction needs to come from every other major media outlet that blithely repeated this defamation, including the AP, the Washington Post, The Hill, and MSNBC – not just in their news columns, but in their editorials, op-ed and opinion columns and shows as well. Until then, there will be no closure, because the Tea Party will not stop in its pursuit of vindication until the same media effort that went into propagating this lie goes into dispelling it and giving the millions of Americans – 23% of whom are minorities, according to Gallup — their good name back.

Until this injustice and cover up is remedied, until the many thousands of Americans who are a part of the Tea Party movement have their good names cleared, there can be no closure.

http://bigjournalism.com/abreitbart/2010/08/03/i-got-my-correction-thanks-to-the-the-new-york-times/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

but but but i've seen so many libruls saying "oh i saw them do it. I saw those Tea party hicks call him a n-word!!!!" They be mean people" :whistle:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Andrew Breitbart (yea the same guy in the middle of the Shirley Sherrod controversy) offered $100,000 to anyone who could produce video or audio verifying the alleged slurs attributed to Tea Partiers. No one has been able to claim the reward because it ever happened. If that false accusation and so many others (e.g. Howard Dean's made up "facts" about Fox News) convinced by now that the left and the Democrat Party isn't composed of bald-faced, unabashed liars by now, there's no hope for them.