DeeTee

White Slip - Bad News

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you so much for all your help.

Yes I will try to go to the consulate and talk to the CO. However, what do you suggest once I come to the door, what should I tell them and what documents should I bring in with me?? And what questions should I ask??

The reasons stated in the white slip were:

* Not having an engagement ceremony

* Photographs showed only one or two of seeing each other (well I stayed with him the whole 3 weeks with him, just that we didn't take picture much, plus most of our pictures together I wore a hat, I felt appropriate to submit to them...)

* (My fiance did not understand the question that the CO asked about the law of this petition) So they assumed that he did not understand about getting marry within 90 days after his arrival in US

* The time we have seen each other only once seen June 2009 (not counting this time - don't know why, even though I copied the e-ticket gave to him to submit with the timeline and 10-year resident. So they said the time we know each other too short...

What you do guys think? Will I have to explained each of the reasons above to them?

Thanks to all!

You should address all these problems when meet with a CO. Don't be rude or get too angry, but be forceful with your responses. If you get a chance to rebut or file a new petition they also should be addressed.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

closed for review

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

2 offensive posts removed, along with 3 posts that quoted those posts.

stay on topic - don't hijack this thread with your political quarrels.

one post returned below minus the part it quoted

This is a privately owned message board. You can be suspended or banned for violating the terms of service. I know this from experience.

good food for thought above for those who are not familiar with the vj tos. it's listed at the bottom center of every page.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

additional - one more post removed and one quoting.

post returned below that quoted one post, did not violate tos

This has nothing to do with DeeTees topic and needs to stop.. take it somewhere else man... We have been there and gone down an ugly road when this was brought up before... :ot2:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The reasons they cited are common... One visit, no dam hoi and a short relationship have been used a few times just this year for other VJ members... the reasons they cited do not disqualify him for the visa, they are what the CO is using as justification for thier decision that it is not a bonafide relationship... they likely did not even look at what he brought them the other day, so they may not realize you are there...

You can get into the consulate this afternoon... you only need your passport and this form to get in... You need to be ready to explain why you did not have a Dam Hoi, and if you have any additional evidence showing you were 'together' more than a couple of days..

Dont set your hopes too high for the interaction at the consulate.. they are bureaucrats and they dont care about you.. its just a job for them... there is still a slight chance so make the most of the chance that exists...

They actually provide that form to you AFTER you've entered the consulate...just FYI (I remember filling that out once I got through...), but it's good to have it completed just to save some time...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They actually provide that form to you AFTER you've entered the consulate...just FYI (I remember filling that out once I got through...), but it's good to have it completed just to save some time...

Good to know that they offer that option... the site says you need to have it, but they didnt note that they had them thee to fill out as needed... I brought mine already completed... that first window went fast...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Timeline

OP,

You might go in there and try to explain. But I doubt that will yield any result. You took a gamble and now you get the result. No Engagement ceremony with only one trip?

Other readers, let this case be a fair warning to you.

At least 3, but preferring 4 trips. The Engagement ceremony should be on the third trip. I've said this so many times.

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Timeline

Thank you so much for all your help.

Yes I will try to go to the consulate and talk to the CO. However, what do you suggest once I come to the door, what should I tell them and what documents should I bring in with me?? And what questions should I ask??

The reasons stated in the white slip were:

* Not having an engagement ceremony

* Photographs showed only one or two of seeing each other (well I stayed with him the whole 3 weeks with him, just that we didn't take picture much, plus most of our pictures together I wore a hat, I felt appropriate to submit to them...)

* (My fiance did not understand the question that the CO asked about the law of this petition) So they assumed that he did not understand about getting marry within 90 days after his arrival in US

* The time we have seen each other only once seen June 2009 (not counting this time - don't know why, even though I copied the e-ticket gave to him to submit with the timeline and 10-year resident. So they said the time we know each other too short...

What you do guys think? Will I have to explained each of the reasons above to them?

Thanks to all!

We actually know very little about you and him it is hard to know how to help much except to hurry to the consulate and have a chat with them and get over to Marc Ellis and see if he can help.

I am curious though when you say the ten year resident. I thought you had to be a citizen to even apply for a visa. Also what are your ages? Older people have been forgiven this sometimes but if young then why did it not occur to even have the engagement ceremony that is so important to the culture? Why so few pics submitted? They will not give a denial just because he couldn't answer one question.

When a denial is done like already in your case then it is going to be a long haul for the two of you. Hopefully you both have a lot pf patience and perseverance. Good luck and hopefully we can be of help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We actually know very little about you and him it is hard to know how to help much except to hurry to the consulate and have a chat with them and get over to Marc Ellis and see if he can help.

I am curious though when you say the ten year resident. I thought you had to be a citizen to even apply for a visa. Also what are your ages? Older people have been forgiven this sometimes but if young then why did it not occur to even have the engagement ceremony that is so important to the culture? Why so few pics submitted? They will not give a denial just because he couldn't answer one question.

When a denial is done like already in your case then it is going to be a long haul for the two of you. Hopefully you both have a lot pf patience and perseverance. Good luck and hopefully we can be of help.

In her first post she mentioned that they asked for a list of her residences for the past 10 years on the blue slip, along with a timeline. I think that's what she means by "10 year resident".

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

In her first post she mentioned that they asked for a list of her residences for the past 10 years on the blue slip, along with a timeline. I think that's what she means by "10 year resident".

Apologize. I misread it. Sometimes here of the regular green card called a ten year residence card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.