Mcpheeb

IV-15K

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi, I urgently need advice on this because I'm about to send all my paperwork away and really don't want to delay any further.

I didn't receive a Packet 3 from the London Embassy...just a letter with my case number and a website link for me to download the forms. I've completed them all but the IV-15K is not included and I can't find a link to it on the website anywhere. I'm worried that if I don't send this, they won't schedule my interview. Can anyone tell me if the process is changed and this form is no longer needed? If it is still needed, where can I get one??

Your advices are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

I think that it has been replaced by DS 2001 found here:

http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

From the London Embassy website....

When you have obtained all of the required documents and are prepared for the visa interview, you are required to complete the Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness, Form 2001 and mail it to the Immigrant Visa Unit together with a covering letter containing your email address, if applicable, date of your wedding and date of the medical examination.

It sounds like you send back the DS-2001 with a cover letter that contains all the information that the old IV-15 used to ask for. That's my interpretation at least.

USCIS

02-25-11 Sent I-130

03-01-11 NOA1 Priority Date

03-04-11 NOA1 Email/text

03-07-11 Check cashed

03-09-11 NOA1 hard copy

06-16-11 NOA2 Email/text (107 Days! Yaay!)

06-21-11 NOA2 hard copy

Detour

06-21-11 Informed USCIS of their error: they wrongly thought we were adjusting status so they held the petition and didn't forward it to NVC

06-30-11 Expedited service request granted to forward petition to NVC

08-02-11 Congressional Inquiry to get USCIS to finally forward petition to NVC

08-05-11 USCIS admits our file was routed to National Records Center and will expedite its return and forward to NVC

08-23-11 Congressman's office informs me that file is FINALLY on its way to NVC! Woohoo!!

NVC

08-22-11 Received by NVC

09-19-11 Case # Assigned. Emailed DS-3032.

09-22-11 AOS Bill Invoiced/Paid. DS-3032 Received. Emailed DS-3032 again.

09-26-11 AOS Invoice marked Paid. I-864 Mailed. DS-3032 Accepted.

09-27-11 IV Bill Invoiced/Paid.

09-28-11 IV Invoice marked Paid. DS-230 Mailed. I-864 Delivered.

09-30-11 DS-230 Delivered. NVC operator says I-864 approved!

10-06-11 Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.