Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-134 if Unemployed?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm unemployed at the moment and I was curious if I needed to fill out an I-134 for my fiance to bring to the interview. I've got someone else who's willing to co-sponsor. Do I need to fill one out? And if so, do I need to submit any proof such as tax returns, etc, since I'm unemployed. Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, as the USC fiance(e) you are the sponsor, so you need to supply an I-134 as well as the joint sponsor. No, you do not need to provide proof of unemployment or lack of income.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.