8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband came here in March 2010 on a K-1 Visa. We sent in the I-693 with vaccination transcribed. We got an RFE asking us to have the civil surgeon fill out the medical part, but he had his medical in December 2009. It is less than a year. Does this probably mean USCIS lost his medical records given at POE?

We are heading back to the civil surgeon tomorrow to ask them to complete a new medical.

Anyone else having this problem?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband came here in March 2010 on a K-1 Visa. We sent in the I-693 with vaccination transcribed. We got an RFE asking us to have the civil surgeon fill out the medical part, but he had his medical in December 2009. It is less than a year. Does this probably mean USCIS lost his medical records given at POE?

We are heading back to the civil surgeon tomorrow to ask them to complete a new medical.

Anyone else having this problem?

several, my son included

YMMV

Timeline

Happened to us as well. The only bad thing is it still counts as an RFE and it'll delay the EAD. We ended up getting it after the interview lol

Yeah, we already got the EAD. It is delaying the Green Card so we are off to the civil surgeon that transcribed our vaccination report to get the full medical again....If we don't do it they will deny the green card application so we really have no choice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Shelley,

I am so sorry this happened to you. I just filed for AOS and even though my husband had his medical in Morocco, I still made sure he received another one with the civil surgeon just in case. I hope your husband is able to receive his green card soon. Good luck and God Bless.

Zaytoona

moroccantea.jpg

Timeline

Hi Shelley,

I am so sorry this happened to you. I just filed for AOS and even though my husband had his medical in Morocco, I still made sure he received another one with the civil surgeon just in case. I hope your husband is able to receive his green card soon. Good luck and God Bless.

Zaytoona

Thanks Zaytoona! Yeah..Dunno what they did with it. Was hoping we wouldn't have to spend the extra medical. We went this morning and they did the TB test and blood test. He goes back Wednesday to get the results. If everything is ok, then we should be good to go. Just makes you wonder what happens to the medical stuff they do lose? Apparently, we aren't the only ones.

I really don't see how this is the immigrant's fault. The USCIS know that the medical is required to get the visa so it was obvious that it was done and passed in order to receive it. At POE they take the medical records as part of the process so I they are the ones who lost it. Surely there is some record or copy made from the embassy?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.