amyKS

Questions for the I-129F Packet.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Just in the middle of filling out the forms and documents for the I-129F packet....

[1.] On the G-325A, I'm going to have to provide attachments for mine and my fiance's.

A. For my fiance's, does he have to sign and date the attachment or do I do it?

B. For both attachments, should we provide four copies for each page or just one?

C. Lastly, should I put the attachments with the G-325A or make a seperate tab for the G-325A attachments?

[2.] After the engagement ceremony for my fiance and I, we got a certificate of engagement. In was in Laotian and I have translated the certificate into English. Both would go under meeting within the last two years, right?

Also, where should I put the money order? Paperclipped to the front of the cover letter? And the passport style picture, paperclipped to the front of the G-325A form for my fiance and I?

Sorry there are alot of questions, I just don't want to send it in wrong.

-Amy :)

Amy

1) You will sign your attachment and your fiance will sign his. Just as your G-325A is signed by you and your fiance signs theirs.

I have noted members that sumbit only one attachment with the G-325A and others that have submitted 4 copies of the attachment, one for each page of the G-325A. Both ways have been accepted.

2) If that is part of the evidence of having met then yes. Just be careful that it can in no way be construed as marriage ceremony which has happened with certain countries.

The fee payment should be on top of the package. The passport photos placed in either a small plastic bag or in an envelope and attached to a seperate sheet of paper can be either placed directly behind the I-129F or behind the respective G-325A. They are submitted with the I-129F not the G-325A.

All the best to you on your journey.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just to stress aussiewench's point: no documents or pictures that would give the adjudicator any reason to believe you guys have gotten married shouldn't be sent out, because it'd give them grounds for denial.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Thanks for telling me.. I don't want them to think the wrong thing and think I'm already married.

So my only other question is wether or not to make a seperate tab for the G-325A attachments or to just put it together with the G-325A forms. I don't want the person reviewing my packet to get mixed up because there is one attachment for me and one for my fiance.

Thanks! :)

-Amy

Timeline
Thanks for telling me.. I don't want them to think the wrong thing and think I'm already married.

So my only other question is wether or not to make a seperate tab for the G-325A attachments or to just put it together with the G-325A forms. I don't want the person reviewing my packet to get mixed up because there is one attachment for me and one for my fiance.

Thanks! :)

-Amy

I'd put the each attachment ogether with the respective G325a to avoid confusion. Also, be sure to give the attachment a title, linking it back to the question on the form it's connected with.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I'm a student, should I put under the occupation on my G-325A the college I'm going to?

-Amy

You mean to this item: "Applicant's employment last five years. (If none, so state.)"?

I guess it answers your question, right there. What do you guys think?

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you're a student just put none.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.