MJ&S

Fraud Prevention Unit

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ's! Anyone here had been to the FPU after your interview wth the CO? During my medical exam at St Luke's I admitted i tried drugs 3X month of April and May year 2003. Was out of curiosity and friends influence.Since then i never try any since i know it doesnt give me good at all...During my interview the CO asked me about my fiance's name. age,work,how many times we met and lastly he said if i tried any drugs since then i said "No Sir". He looked at my 50 photos taken from the Philippines and Thailand and my 2 inches thick chats. After that he returned the pictures and chats but keep my passport and he told me " we are not quite done yet, we need more information from you regarding ur admission on ur past drug. Just set at the corner and wait." I said Ok, thank you Sir. It was just 3 mins interview. My name called on window 34 got a white paper written proceed to Room 1206 at 1:30pm. While at room 1206 filipino guy came up to me, didnt know he works under FPU.Told me we dont have enough time he asked if we can make it tmrw at 8:30am i said "sure sir" and he told me to bring my sons death certificate.Came back 8;30am but he left already and the guards told me i was late 10 minutes, i apologized, one guard phoned room 1206 if they would still let me in since i am late and maybe the person on the line said yes. So guards let me in. At the room 1206 the girl told me that the guy who supposedly investigate me has an emergency meeting, so she just asked me to submit my sons Death Certificate and said come back again tmrw same time. Went back nxt day and finally he is there at the lobby picked me up and brought to FPU room. Long story short he is an investigator. We spent 3 hours at the FPU. After investigating me he said i just wait a letter or a call from embassy.....I don't know if i have still chances to get approve. My fiance and I still hoping and praying for my case. God help me.

Hi VJ's! Anyone here had been to the FPU after your interview wth the CO? During my medical exam at St Luke's I admitted i tried drugs 3X month of April and May year 2003. Was out of curiosity and friends influence.Since then i never try any since i know it doesnt give me good at all...During my interview the CO asked me about my fiance's name. age,work,how many times we met and lastly he said if i tried any drugs since then i said "No Sir". He looked at my 50 photos taken from the Philippines and Thailand and my 2 inches thick chats. After that he returned the pictures and chats but keep my passport and he told me " we are not quite done yet, we need more information from you regarding ur admission on ur past drug. Just set at the corner and wait." I said Ok, thank you Sir. It was just 3 mins interview. My name called on window 34 got a white paper written proceed to Room 1206 at 1:30pm. While at room 1206 filipino guy came up to me, didnt know he works under FPU.Told me we dont have enough time he asked if we can make it tmrw at 8:30am i said "sure sir" and he told me to bring my sons death certificate.Came back 8;30am but he left already and the guards told me i was late 10 minutes, i apologized, one guard phoned room 1206 if they would still let me in since i am late and maybe the person on the line said yes. So guards let me in. At the room 1206 the girl told me that the guy who supposedly investigate me has an emergency meeting, so she just asked me to submit my sons Death Certificate and said come back again tmrw same time. Went back nxt day and finally he is there at the lobby picked me up and brought to FPU room. Long story short he is an investigator. We spent 3 hours at the FPU. After investigating me he said i just wait a letter or a call from embassy.....I don't know if i have still chances to get approve. My fiance and I still hoping and praying for my case. God help me.

uhmmm.. sorry to hear ur story but yes usually if the case is like ur case it result to a visa denial but we dont know just pray hard that u get approve...

wish u good luck on that...

godsgift :)

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

have you tried to call the embassy and find out why they still have it? Did you pay the Air21 fee when you went to the embassy for the interview?

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call the Non-Immigrant Visa section. Dial 3012000 - wait for the voice prompt - press 7 - dial 5184 or 5185 immediately followed by #. Call to check the status of your case. The reason why your passport was returned was because of the information you disclosed. Applicants who receive a white form get their passports back after the interview due to a lot of things. I got one because I lacked a certain document. Yours is a different case.

Did you read the pinned thread by NinJones? The last person who posted there shared her thoughts about divulging past drug encounters at SLMEC. I know someone who was sent to the Fraud Prevention Unit (it wasn't drug related) and she was approved after two months. Your case is under investigation so call the Embassy and ask about the status.

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one tos violation removed.

reminder to all - http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed, along with post in cited thread removed.

reminder to all:

it is against vj terms of service to "Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method."

further instances of the above will result in this thread being locked and possible admin action being taken.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Call the Non-Immigrant Visa section. Dial 3012000 - wait for the voice prompt - press 7 - dial 5184 or 5185 immediately followed by #. Call to check the status of your case. The reason why your passport was returned was because of the information you disclosed. Applicants who receive a white form get their passports back after the interview due to a lot of things. I got one because I lacked a certain document. Yours is a different case.

Did you read the pinned thread by NinJones? The last person who posted there shared her thoughts about divulging past drug encounters at SLMEC. I know someone who was sent to the Fraud Prevention Unit (it wasn't drug related) and she was approved after two months. Your case is under investigation so call the Embassy and ask about the status.

They did not gave my passport back after the interview, consular keep my passport.My fiance called USEm last week but the girl on the line said there is no status on my case.So she wrote a report forwarded to consular section saying that the petetioner called bla bla bla. She said to call back after 2 weeks if we hear back from the embassy still.I heard one girl had an issue same as mine and she got approved i just dont know the exact stories coz she did not detailed it. I am hoping they let will let me know soon if they would deny me so we could plan the nxt step like apply for a waiver if am qualified.:)

have you tried to call the embassy and find out why they still have it? Did you pay the Air21 fee when you went to the embassy for the interview?

No i did not pay the Air21.

Timeline

ohmy.gif It has been more than two weeks so call them again and again and again. I read a post in another forum on VJ. I think it was the Consular Discussion area. After admitting to drug use, she had to sign a waiver then after 2 years, she called to the Embassy and she was granted a visa. She didn't have to pay for the $500+ fee anymore. Talk to that girl you just mentioned since your case similar to hers anyway.

They did not gave my passport back after the interview, consular keep my passport.My fiance called USEm last week but the girl on the line said there is no status on my case.So she wrote a report forwarded to consular section saying that the petetioner called bla bla bla. She said to call back after 2 weeks if we hear back from the embassy still.I heard one girl had an issue same as mine and she got approved i just dont know the exact stories coz she did not detailed it. I am hoping they let will let me know soon if they would deny me so we could plan the nxt step like apply for a waiver if am qualified.:)

No i did not pay the Air21.

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

From what I have seen and read over the years.

If you admit to drug use during your interview or medical in Philippines your Visa will be denied.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

I don't know if i have still chances to get approve. My fiance and I still hoping and praying for my case.

This has to be so devastating to go through. I am so sorry for your situation.

No advice to give. I just feel awful for you. We had some immigration trouble (minor compared to this) and if it hadn't worked out I would have moved to the Philippines to be with my wife. I just hope the two of you can be together, regardless of where.

Timeline

If you admit to drug use during your interview or medical in Philippines your Visa will be denied.

I know that...... but everything is in the hands of the CO. There were girls that i have same situation as mine and they got approved after couple of months. My question is why would the CO keep my passport if i am denied already.

Timeline

Since the consul sent you to the fraud unit and didn't outright deny you then your case is under investigation. I assume that the Embassy is holding your passport until they come to a decision on your case. Just follow up on it and tell us how it goes. I hope everything works out for you.

I know that...... but everything is in the hands of the CO. There were girls that i have same situation as mine and they got approved after couple of months. My question is why would the CO keep my passport if i am denied already.

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

ohmy.gif It has been more than two weeks so call them again and again and again. I read a post in another forum on VJ. I think it was the Consular Discussion area. After admitting to drug use, she had to sign a waiver then after 2 years, she called to the Embassy and she was granted a visa. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko::crying: :crying: :crying: She didn't have to pay for the $500+ fee anymore. Talk to that girl you just mentioned since your case similar to hers anyway.

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.