Dave H

DS-156

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am new here and need a quick question answering if possible. My fiancee is an USC and I am a UKC. We have just started the fiance visa process and I have sent off everything for the I-129F application. But I have looked at your example form DS-156, where it says that proof of engagement is required. What prrof is needed? as the only proof we have is facebook posts to state we are engaged. I visited about 5 weeks ago and had to come back for work. We got on that well that we decided to get engaged, but could not afford a ring yet. We posted on facebook and that is the only proof we have. What could we do to get more proof about our engagement. I know the DS-156 form is not needed at the moment as we have just filled in the I-129F application but I just want to make sure I have everything when I need it.

Thanks in anticipation

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

First congrats on the journey!! :) They are referring to either a receipt for a ring, or a letter from both you and your fiance stating your intent to marry when she arrives. Its similar to the same letter you sent with the I129-F petition, but will be dated much closer to the interview.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

The proof they're looking for at this stage is a second letter of intent to marry, from the USC petitioner. Like the one sent with your I-129F, but dated closer to the interview.

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

The proof they're looking for at this stage is a second letter of intent to marry, from the USC petitioner. Like the one sent with your I-129F, but dated closer to the interview.

Thanks so much for the replies, its put my mind at ease slightly :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.