Hilarious Clinton

Senator Kerry (D-Mass.) to pay yacht tax in effort to cast off controversy

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

This isnt about us this is about John Kerry. Considering his tax the rich mentality, I think it makes him the hypocrite we on the right always knew he was.

How does that change anything? His 'tax the rich' mentality would hit him and his family fairly hard. It doesn't change the fact that people like paul and his ilk, like to get all self-righteous and indignant over something that given the situation they would do themselves. It's partisan hackery at its worst.

How does that change anything? His 'tax the rich' mentality would hit him and his family fairly hard. It doesn't change the fact that people like paul and his ilk, like to get all self-righteous and indignant over something that given the situation they would do themselves. It's partisan hackery at its worst.

The difference here is that people like Paul aren't preaching about how we need to tax the rich. Dont overlook this simple fact.

Edited by _Simpson_

Timeline

The difference here is that people like Paul aren't preaching about how we need to tax the rich. Dont overlook this simple fact.

No, people like paul are to busy preaching eugenics and capital punishment for illegal immigrants :rolleyes:

Owning up to it? He got caught and the bad publicity was going to make him a liability to the Democrat Party.

It's not as if he can't afford it.

Typical weaselly politician :angry:

1. Kerry loves to vote for taxes for the rest of us.

2. His wife is a multi-millionaire. How close is she to being a billionaire?

Another "Do as he says, not as he does" politician.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

1. Kerry loves to vote for taxes for the rest of us.

2. His wife is a multi-millionaire. How close is she to being a billionaire?

Another "Do as he says, not as he does" politician.

She's about 3/4 of the way there last I read. He votes for increasing taxes on the top 2%, not "the rest of us". I'm sure you're probably succesful at what you do, but I highly doubt that you are in the top 2% of earners in this country, so no, he doesn't vote for taxes for the rest of us. I think you're mistaking him for a republican, whose dogma is to decrease taxes for the highest earners....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Captain Disingenuous. Where's the outrage when Haliburton moved it's global headquarters to Dubai because of tax implications? What about all those corporations that incorporate in Delaware to enjoy softer taxes and stronger takeover laws?

How many of you wouldn't have done the same thing? If Orange County had lower car registration fees than Los Angeles County, I'd register my car there. Los Angeles county has higher sales taxes than most, so where is all the outrage at all the people who go to neighboring counties to save a full percent on sales tax?

Save the crocodile tears.

I point out hyprocrisy and you go into attack mode? Amusing....

You completely missed the point.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Paul, I got the point, but the fact remains, your indignation is fake.

Not fake at all. You don't know me, nor can you judge me either.

I obey the rules of wherever I live.

I lived in a tax-me-to-death state for almost 4 years, I moved back home. Not once did I 'hide' anything elsewhere though.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

She's about 3/4 of the way there last I read. He votes for increasing taxes on the top 2%, not "the rest of us". I'm sure you're probably succesful at what you do, but I highly doubt that you are in the top 2% of earners in this country, so no, he doesn't vote for taxes for the rest of us. I think you're mistaking him for a republican, whose dogma is to decrease taxes for the highest earners....

If only I were. sigh.....

But he voted for the recent Health care law. That taxes more than the top 2%. Plus he voted for an increase in the Federal cigarette tax, which is mainly affects the poorest people amoung us.

These changes affect more than the top 2%.

1. A new 10% excise tax on indoor tanning services on services provided after June 30, 2010
  2. Doubling the penalty for nonqualified distributions from health savings accounts, to 20%, beginning in 2011.
  3. A limit on the amount that employees can contribute to health care flexible spending accounts to $2,500 a year, but the cap won’t take effect until 2013. This was previously left to the employer's discretion, with many firms choosing a limit of $4,000 to $5,000 or so
  4. A ban on using funds from flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement arrangements or health savings accounts for the cost of over-the-counter medications, starting in 2011.
  5. A hike in the 7.5% floor on itemized deductions for medical expenses to 10%, beginning in 2013. But taxpayers age 65 and over are exempt from the cutback through 2016.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Not fake at all. You don't know me, nor can you judge me either.

I obey the rules of wherever I live.

I lived in a tax-me-to-death state for almost 4 years, I moved back home. Not once did I 'hide' anything elsewhere though.

Wow, if you get that upset and indignant over things like that, I'd hate to see your blood pressure. :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If he were Republican he would state the truth. "I chose a legal method to avoid a stpid tax. The problem is not that I avoided the tax, the problem IS the tax"

It should be noted he did not move the boat, that means the people of Rhode Island get to keep the jobs from boats being docked there, the income from fuel sales, the income from maintenance, etc. Massachusetts screwed themselves and then looks for ways to "embarrass" people to pay the tax. I would have told them to SHOVE IT! But then, I wouldn't be going around TAXING other people the way Kerry does. In my opinion, and under the law, he does not owe the tax. But he has no balls either. I am SO glad he never became President.

The term "Hoist on one's own petard" comes to mind.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I point out hyprocrisy and you go into attack mode? Amusing....

You completely missed the point.

It is only hypocrisy because of Kerry's own actions. If Kerry were a normal human that respects the fruits of people's labor, he would be anti-tax, would have avoided the Massachusetts tax (avoided = LEGAL, evasion = ILLEGAL) and told them "too bad for you, it is what you get!"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Follow up. At the same time John Kerry was buying his yaught he was also lashing out at those that avoid paying 'their fair share'. Oh the irony.

Now that Sen. John Kerry has cut a check for something in the neighborhood of $500,000 to cover use and excise taxes on his new $7 million high-seas plaything, Isabel, he gets to sail off into the sunset in peace. But not before we bring you one final postscript.

As you know, the senior senator purchased his New Zealand-built, 76-foot floating palace back in March and ported her in Rhode Island, a state which repealed its boat sales and use tax back in 1993. By doing so, the senator could dodge some $437,500 in state sales taxes and an annual excise tax bill of $70,000.

Of course, Kerry insisted all along that he would be paying whatever dough he owed, but we notice he didn’t fork it over until four embarrassing days after the Track first broke the story!

Which is rather ironic, considering that back in March, when Kerry was taking delivery of his new yacht, he was applauding passage of legislation designed to end “blatant tax evasion.”

The new law, Kerry said, would put an end to a system that allowed “powerful people to hide assets abroad and evade our tax laws.”

“It repulsed me,” he continued, rather dramatically, “that while the average American plays by the rules and pays taxes, some of the biggest corporations avoid paying their fair share.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/20100801one_more_tax_to_grind_long_john_kerry/srvc=home&position=also

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Dam, I swear ive seen you say the rich dont pay taxes. You must love the Adams family and theyre catsuup too.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow