pras_padmini

Tips you can follow for faster processing

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think I've sent in almost all the forms I need before the visa packet gets sent to the consulate. But I just wanted to share some of the mistakes I made that caused some delays, so you can avoid them.

1)Original signatures - documents where the beneficiary is expected to sign require an original signature, so make sure you get these ahead of time (not a photocopy), for the G325A for example (sent to the USCIS)

2)Never, ever, under any circumstances send documents via standard government post (India, probably other 3rd world countries too). Though it may be more expensive, use Fedex, DHL, etc. The Indian postal service is not good, so use private couriers which are reliable

3)Police clearance certificates - for India, they require police certificates from the *passport* office, which is different from the one from the police station. This is not the kind of thing you can just walk in and get the same day. Get this well in advance, preferably while waiting for the NOA2. By the time you get it and mail it to the US (along with the original birth certificate and marriage certificate), you'll be all set when it's time to mail the IV package to the visa center.

4)Read the documentation on this website about what documents to send. Here's an excellent guide for the visa center:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

5)The choice of agent form can be e-mailed to the visa center, so you don't have to wait for it to be mailed. Also, if there are any corrections to your address you can do that directly over the phone.

6)The best way to get documents sent from another country to the US is in person, so if you know relatives/friends returning from that country, you can easily get it in a day, no customs hassle, no week long wait wondering where your documents are.

If I'd known some of this ahead of time, I think I would have saved a month with this police certificate nonsense, and another month in trying to mail the original signatures for the G325A. At least whoever reads this can benefit from it. If there are other tips, add them here, or maybe there's a wiki page where we can collect these.

Timeline

Looking back, it was just so silly of me. I was waiting around doing nothing while waiting for that NOA2...I could have easily had my wife get the police certificates in the meantime. And returning from my India trip, I could have got the signatures and taken the forms back with me, then mailed it the next day, instead of going through the postal service (took an extra 3 weeks to get the forms ready, mail it from India then receive it here in the US)

Oh, and when getting original signatures, there's no harm in making extra copies and having original signatures on those as well.

Timeline

Your shortcuts are pretty good. They come from experience!

Though this is not a shortcut, it is another useful action you can take.

Since you are speaking of India - my wife is going to photocopy the Original beneficiary documents (birth certificate, police certificates, marriage certificates) and get them attested prior to sending them. She will keep the attested documents - that way if something comes up and your wife needs them in India, she will have a suitable attested copy and a proper explanation (NOA2 or NVC letter) to furnish to any inquiring parties.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Timeline

Thats good to know for early preparation. I just want to say that if someone is going to get PCC from Jaipur RPO. It takes only one day.

I got it in Just 7 hours.

It took 2 days to get PCC from Local Police station.

Wow, then it looks like Jaipur is far more efficient than Bangalore. They went to the police station and said it would be ready after a week. When they went there, they kept saying come back the next day for another 5 days...so about 2 weeks altogether. And driving from one end of Bangalore to the other itself takes a while, so it was quite a hassle. I guess it varies from police station to police station.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Your shortcuts are pretty good. They come from experience!

Though this is not a shortcut, it is another useful action you can take.

Since you are speaking of India - my wife is going to photocopy the Original beneficiary documents (birth certificate, police certificates, marriage certificates) and get them attested prior to sending them. She will keep the attested documents - that way if something comes up and your wife needs them in India, she will have a suitable attested copy and a proper explanation (NOA2 or NVC letter) to furnish to any inquiring parties.

Is yer wife required to do any processing with VFS? If so - regular photocopies are acceptable, to/at/into VFS.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Darnell I am not talking about getting Attested Originals to submit to the VFS. There could be a situation in which my wife will need her Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate or Police Certificate for her own purposes in India unrelated to the Visa. She might lose her passport, decide to apply for a Driving License, need some other type of Indian government document, or have to stay at the Hospital due to some type of medical reason, etc. In that case having an Attested Photocopy may come in handy so she can still provide someone with documentation if they request it.

It is not a likely situation, but it is good to have just in case.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ah. got it. FWIW, usually an 'attested copy' is not valid in the USA or with USCIS/NVC/Consulate IV Unit - but as I understand you - this not matter, as this attestation is valid IN INDIA. yay ! I was referring solely to VFS, where PHOTOCOPIES (without seal/stamp) are accepted.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

You are right. I didn't read anything further about what kind of documents we were going to need since I came under visa K3 i had everything done in Peru when i had my interview there however this petition is for my mom and they request for civil documents to be sent to NVC i didn't know . I was waiting for NO2 as well when my aunt came to USA and my mom sent some staff for me i should have asked her to have all the civil documents done while NO2 was approved because i waited about 1 month in customs to be released them. I never took this long for envelopes or things my mom used to send to me. Anyway We are almost there and soon, we all hope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.