Mclovin

Denied at us border!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

On Saturday I was going shopping with a friend and got denied entry into the USA (I'm from Canada) I was fingerprinted, had my picture taken...everything. They said I needed to prove I was a "temporary visitor for pleasure" Told me I would be in the system for a year and gave me a list of stuff to bring when I wanted to travel to the states at a later time...rent receipts, bank statments, so on. I asked if I could go home and grab them and come right back he said "yes" We decided to shop in Canada instead. haha.

My bf was waiting for us in the States for shopping and then he was coming back over with me. We got engaged this weekend!

So, now we are thinking of doing the fiance visa, since he is living in beautiful Tampa Florida and makes more money there than both of us would working here in Canada.

My question is...does the fact that I have been denied entry into the states make getting a fiance visa any more difficult?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

it wont affect anything. i was denied entry twice in two weeks back in dec 08, we had just got engaged in nov 08. then started the k1 in feb 09. many people have been deniced entry prior to a visa app. it wont affect it at all.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Denials only affect subsequent entries under the category you tried to enter with. You were denied as a Canadian tourist, so subsequent entries as a Canadian tourist will be more difficult, as the CBP officer explained to you.

A K-1 visa admittance is a different category of entrance, so it will not be affected at all by your "record" in the Canadian tourist category.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm thinking that I may have to start carrying that evidence with me. I always cross with nothing more than my passport and my Nexus card...seeing as I'm crossing even more often (almost every weekend) as we are trying to meet with vendors and plan our wedding (with a guesstimate of a wedding date...) eventually my luck will probably run out...

Sorry you were denied.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks guys!

Yeah I would definitely start carrying those papers with ya!

I couldn't believe it! I don't usually get upset about stuff but since this has happened I don't feel like myself.

What really sucks is I was going to use my vacation time and go see my fiance in Tampa for two weeks. Now I'm scared to do that!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My question is...does the fact that I have been denied entry into the states make getting a fiance visa any more difficult?

NO.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For the K-1 Visa you are fine.

If you have the papers they suggested then you should be ok for a visit too. Just stay positive, pleasant and tell the truth. Keep your answers short but to the point.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dont be afraid. Never give up. I feel your pain. Ive been there. And yes they might have the power. But dont let that get to you or bring you down. Because you would be giving them the satisfaction and whom believes in them. Be strong and never give up. And dont be hesitant on venting. If you want you can vent to me. im a good listener. not much of a talker it seems it gets me in trouble lol (I gotta learn to deal with my emotions better) :blush: good luck and be prepared and calm and collected as many said in here even tho its very hard to do believe me.

Timeline

From someone who's been there, it will not affect any application for another class of visa. It will, however, make you visiting the US in the future more difficult. I'm sorry this happened to you but make sure next time you cross that you bring STRONG ties to Canada like a lease, or job or utility bills, etc.

Also, you'll have to declare the denial during the K-1 process but don't let that discourage you. Just tell the truth and it will be fine

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.