calidreamer80

Packet 4 timeline

20 posts in this topic

Hi people :)

I just sent my checklist to Montreal this week (it was received thursday) and I was wondering how long it should be until I get the packet 4 containing the interview letter? Thanks.

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you can actually call them this coming week 'to verify its arrival' and see if they have a date available for you yet. I did that - and voila, they were able to give me a date over the phone:-). The letter followed shortly. Good luck. (I found the phone number by going to their website)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

you can actually call them this coming week 'to verify its arrival' and see if they have a date available for you yet. I did that - and voila, they were able to give me a date over the phone:-). The letter followed shortly. Good luck. (I found the phone number by going to their website)

Good to know! I know it got there cuz I tracked it. I'll consider calling :) Thanks a lot.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

:dance: Thats great news Sarah, you are moving right along, unfortunately mine is still sitting at NVC, has not even been sent to the consulate yet....but I am sure it will soon....Good luck on packet 4

~Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

:dance: Thats great news Sarah, you are moving right along, unfortunately mine is still sitting at NVC, has not even been sent to the consulate yet....but I am sure it will soon....Good luck on packet 4

~Stacey

Oh my goodness Stacey. I was hoping yours would be moving along too :( I'll send some good vibes to the NVC in hopes they get their butts in gear hehe. All the best hun xo

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It took my two months to get a interview but I also emailed them and asked them to put my on any and all cancellation list if one exists. Another VJ memeber still is awaiting a interview who sent there packet the same week as me but I have my visa in hand. I do believe there is a secret list. Good Luck !!!!!

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It took my two months to get a interview but I also emailed them and asked them to put my on any and all cancellation list if one exists. Another VJ memeber still is awaiting a interview who sent there packet the same week as me but I have my visa in hand. I do believe there is a secret list. Good Luck !!!!!

I'm the other VJ member that had their paperwork in the same week as Buttons. I didn;t have time to phone them on Fri so will do it Mon. When I called last Monday she said no I didn't have an interview and then noticed how long they've had the file and said I should get one the next week because it's been then for so long {really!!!}

Our I-130 case is moving very quickly now we're consentrating on that one getting to the embassy before the interview date so don't care if the K-3 does anything.

I-130

sent to NSC Jan 6 2006

NOA1 rec Jan 28

NOA2 rec Apr 27

NVC rec May 18 and case # assigned

NVC generates DS 3032 & I-864 bill May 29

DS-3032 rec and sent snail mail June 7

I-864 bill rec. by petitioner June 12

NVC rec. DS-3032 June 13

I-864 pmt sent by petitioner June 15

IV fee bill generated June 19

IV bill rec. June 26

IV bill pmt sent June 28

NVC rec. IV bill pmt July 10

Got I-864 July 18

I-864 returned to NVC July 24

DS-230 rec. and returned to NVC July 28

NVCrec I-864 ??

NVC rec DS-230 Aug 1

RFE on I-864 Aug 4

Rec. RFE snail mail Aug 11

Returned RFE over night Aug 12

NVC rec RFE Aug 15

CASE COMPLETE!!! Aug 21

INTERVIEW DATE OCTOBER 20TH -as of Sept 13.!!!!!

Crossed border at Intl. Falls,MN. Nov. 14

App. for SSN Nov. 17 - rec. SSN Nov. 25

DEC 7 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD

10 year green card ordered Jan. 21, 2009 DONE

That seems like an insane amount of time to get an interview (2 months after submitting packet 3!!) That's ridiculous. How much time does it take to scan the paperwork, and assign a friggin date. I'm losing my mind sitting and waiting and I feel so close yet so far away. They better not effing take 2 months to give me a mother effing date. I'll be super pissed off :devil:

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Timeline

well, tommysgirl has been waiting well over two months probably closer to three and she still hasn't had a date. It is a long long process. I thought the same to.

Well I'm hoping its just the few of you who are having problems. Because there is no reason on this damn earth why it should take 2 months to book an apointment. Now if you are talking total amount of time between when the nvc gets ur case until the actual interview then i'd understand but not to book the damn interview. That's insane. Sorry but after waiting almost 2 years to be with my sweetie....I just don't have any patience for stupid ###### like the visa people taking longer than needed to do their damn jobs. Grrrr

well, tommysgirl has been waiting well over two months probably closer to three and she still hasn't had a date. It is a long long process. I thought the same to.

I haven't booked my medical either since I have no way to get there until my fiance can come and take me. So the sooner they let me know the sooner I can book that. I know you're supposed to book before you send the checklist back but ######.....how do u can book the damn interview without the appointment letter to let the doctors know how far ahead they need to do it? you need the damn letter before you can go to ur interview cuz u have to take it with you. Now i'm scared cuz i just noticed ur timeline and there was 2 weeks between ur appt letter and when the actual interview was.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It took me three weeks to get the letter telling my of my interview date, and then the interview was 4 weeks after that. But that was a couple of years ago, and things have slowed up a bit since then. However, Montreal used to take up to 4 months and more.

Montreal processes A LOT of paperwork -- they handle almost all of the visas, with the exception of the K-1s in Vancouver. With the advent of DCF this year, yet more paperwork on their plate. It seems excruciating to wait but your time WILL come, and then time will fly by! :)

As far as the medical is concerned, the doctors don't need the package 4 letter, it's the package 3 letter they are looking for with your case number. And some of the panel physicians don't even need that -- I know that in my case, all I had was my notice from NVC, and my doctor didn't even look at that. Check with the doctor you plan on going to to see what they require.

I know that it doesn't seem like it right now, but Montreal is one of the best consulates to work with. Can you imagine having to wait up to a year like our VJ friends dealing with the consulate in China??

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

It took me three weeks to get the letter telling my of my interview date, and then the interview was 4 weeks after that. But that was a couple of years ago, and things have slowed up a bit since then. However, Montreal used to take up to 4 months and more.

Montreal processes A LOT of paperwork -- they handle almost all of the visas, with the exception of the K-1s in Vancouver. With the advent of DCF this year, yet more paperwork on their plate. It seems excruciating to wait but your time WILL come, and then time will fly by! :)

As far as the medical is concerned, the doctors don't need the package 4 letter, it's the package 3 letter they are looking for with your case number. And some of the panel physicians don't even need that -- I know that in my case, all I had was my notice from NVC, and my doctor didn't even look at that. Check with the doctor you plan on going to to see what they require.

I know that it doesn't seem like it right now, but Montreal is one of the best consulates to work with. Can you imagine having to wait up to a year like our VJ friends dealing with the consulate in China??

Well when you put it that way I guess I better not complain. It's just......I am having more and more anxiety attacks the longer I am apart from my guy and its excruciating. I feel so close yet so far away.

I didn't know I only needed the packet 3 letter so thanks for clarifying that for me. I want to have the medical a week before the interview. My fiance will be here and I can actually GET there. How do I book it for a week before the interview when I don't even know when that is? It all just seems more complicated that it probably has to be for me.

I have never ending anxiety about all of this.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well when you put it that way I guess I better not complain. It's just......I am having more and more anxiety attacks the longer I am apart from my guy and its excruciating. I feel so close yet so far away.

I didn't know I only needed the packet 3 letter so thanks for clarifying that for me. I want to have the medical a week before the interview. My fiance will be here and I can actually GET there. How do I book it for a week before the interview when I don't even know when that is? It all just seems more complicated that it probably has to be for me.

I have never ending anxiety about all of this.

Girl, many hugs to you! :) I was exactly in your shoes two years ago and the wait was excruciating -- the finish line was in sight and not knowing when the interview was going to be (as well as when our wedding would be) was driving us crazy. So I just spent all the time I could with family and friends and visiting all my favourite spots and trying not to focus on the hard stuff. And then when the interview date was set, the month literally flew by.

My only reservation about waiting until the week before your interview to do the medical is that it can take up to a week or more for the tests to come back to the doctor and then they have to forward the sealed envelope to you. Again, it depends on the doctor. Is there any possible way you can get it done before that time?

My post was not meant to make you feel bad about complaining, but just to offer some perspective so that your anxiety isn't so much. My humblest apologies if it came off wrongly. (F)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

you book the interview with the letter they give you in package three. that's what i did. worked out find took me two weeks to get into dr. seiden then received the results two days after the medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.