calidreamer80

Packet 4 timeline

20 posts in this topic

It took me three weeks to get the letter telling my of my interview date, and then the interview was 4 weeks after that. But that was a couple of years ago, and things have slowed up a bit since then. However, Montreal used to take up to 4 months and more.

Montreal processes A LOT of paperwork -- they handle almost all of the visas, with the exception of the K-1s in Vancouver. With the advent of DCF this year, yet more paperwork on their plate. It seems excruciating to wait but your time WILL come, and then time will fly by! :)

As far as the medical is concerned, the doctors don't need the package 4 letter, it's the package 3 letter they are looking for with your case number. And some of the panel physicians don't even need that -- I know that in my case, all I had was my notice from NVC, and my doctor didn't even look at that. Check with the doctor you plan on going to to see what they require.

I know that it doesn't seem like it right now, but Montreal is one of the best consulates to work with. Can you imagine having to wait up to a year like our VJ friends dealing with the consulate in China??

Well when you put it that way I guess I better not complain. It's just......I am having more and more anxiety attacks the longer I am apart from my guy and its excruciating. I feel so close yet so far away.

I didn't know I only needed the packet 3 letter so thanks for clarifying that for me. I want to have the medical a week before the interview. My fiance will be here and I can actually GET there. How do I book it for a week before the interview when I don't even know when that is? It all just seems more complicated that it probably has to be for me.

I have never ending anxiety about all of this.

Girl, many hugs to you! :) I was exactly in your shoes two years ago and the wait was excruciating -- the finish line was in sight and not knowing when the interview was going to be (as well as when our wedding would be) was driving us crazy. So I just spent all the time I could with family and friends and visiting all my favourite spots and trying not to focus on the hard stuff. And then when the interview date was set, the month literally flew by.

My only reservation about waiting until the week before your interview to do the medical is that it can take up to a week or more for the tests to come back to the doctor and then they have to forward the sealed envelope to you. Again, it depends on the doctor. Is there any possible way you can get it done before that time?

My post was not meant to make you feel bad about complaining, but just to offer some perspective so that your anxiety isn't so much. My humblest apologies if it came off wrongly. (F)

I thought you got the results the same day, later on from the dr? At least that's what i understand from the dr I want to use in Toronto. I emailed them but no responce so I guess I better call and see what they advise me to do.

It's ok. Everything exaberates my anxiety with this damn visa thing. The sooner its over with the better. Thanks for your help. HUGS.

you book the interview with the letter they give you in package three. that's what i did. worked out find took me two weeks to get into dr. seiden then received the results two days after the medical.

Yes but I'm sure you had a way to get there. I don't. Unless I want to pay for a bus ticket all the way down to Toronto by myself. Uh no. I think not.

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent them an email 2 weeks ago, asking them to put me on a waiting list since I live near Montreal and that I have everything ready and that I sent my checklist 2 weeks before.

They replied the next day with:

You will receive an appointment letter in the mail within the next 4-12 weeks. The scheduling process is complex and we accommodate applicants fairly as soon as their turn on the waiting list is reached. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

IV Unit

:huh:

Whereabouts are you located? You shouldn't need anyone to take you to the medical. There is a list of Doctor's on a link here somewhere by province. I'd book the medical now with the case number if you can.

Carla

carlahmsb4.gif

Whereabouts are you located? You shouldn't need anyone to take you to the medical. There is a list of Doctor's on a link here somewhere by province. I'd book the medical now with the case number if you can.

Carla

I'm up near Georgian Bay in Ontario and yes I do need someone to take me since I don't drive. Unless I want to walk to Toronto?

I sent them an email 2 weeks ago, asking them to put me on a waiting list since I live near Montreal and that I have everything ready and that I sent my checklist 2 weeks before.

They replied the next day with:

You will receive an appointment letter in the mail within the next 4-12 weeks. The scheduling process is complex and we accommodate applicants fairly as soon as their turn on the waiting list is reached. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

IV Unit

:huh:

Fairly my ###! Does the gov ever do anything fairly?

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

QUOTE(cartoboy123 @ Aug 14 2006, 11:43 AM)

Carla

I'm up near Georgian Bay in Ontario and yes I do need someone to take me since I don't drive. Unless I want to walk to Toronto?

:o Ouch! I was asking just to see if there was someplace closer for you to go. I didn't intend for you to walk anywhere! Geesh. Now that I know, just wondering if London wouldn't be closer to you.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.