Zeban

Nvc bank balance + some clarification

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello

I have Some questions that hopefully you guys can help me out with.

1) what should my bank account balance be for the Nvc? Will I even need to send them the letter from my bank that says what my bank balance is?

2) my noa2 date is July 15, when do you think my interview will be?

3) my wife is in India, do I need a local pcc and one from the regional passport office?

4) it says on lings Nvc shortcuts that I need all originals to send into the Nvc, they don't need copies of my i130 pictures and all that that I had sent to uscis do they?

5) currently I live with my parents and 2 siblings, how do I prove to the Nvc that my income is not for my parents and siblings but for my wife and myself, because when she gets here I will move out.

6) I am a us citizen through my parents, I was a minor and gained automatic citizenship years ago so I never received a naturalization certificate, do I need that?

7) my understanding of the process, Nvc receives case and sends out the agent form, my wife will designate me as the agent and I pay the 70 dollars. I submit that and my i864 to the Nvc along with an original marriage certificate. And the passport sized photos. My wife wears a headscarf so will it be ok if we just show her ears in addition to her face? Also her regional pcc is from February 2 2010 will this be ok for India?

Sorry about soooo many questions but you guys have been an amazingly huge help. Thank you all for your help and contribution.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

I have Some questions that hopefully you guys can help me out with.

1) what should my bank account balance be for the Nvc? Will I even need to send them the letter from my bank that says what my bank balance is?

Sending your bank balance is optional - though recommended. You can send a Bank Immigration Reference Letter showing the last 6 months balance. Only 33% of the value of your cash account is considered when applying it to the Poverty Requirement. It is stronger to send them Pay Stubs showing how much you have made year-to-date.

2) my noa2 date is July 15, when do you think my interview will be?

Nobody can say when your Interview will be - because it may take time to process at the NVC. However many of us with the same NOA2 date are hoping for late Oct or mid November interview

3) my wife is in India, do I need a local pcc and one from the regional passport office?

Yes you will likely need both a PCC from the RPO office and one from the Superintendent of your District/Local Police Department.

4) it says on lings Nvc shortcuts that I need all originals to send into the Nvc, they don't need copies of my i130 pictures and all that that I had sent to uscis do they?

The NVC will not accept any documentation that does not closely tie to what they are requesting. I asked them over the phone and they told me they would discard (throw away) any pictures or emails or chats I tried to send them as they do not apply. You are better off submitting additional evidence to VFS later on.

5) currently I live with my parents and 2 siblings, how do I prove to the Nvc that my income is not for my parents and siblings but for my wife and myself, because when she gets here I will move out.

Are you filling out the I864EZ form or a different 864 form? How do you file your taxes - single or jointly with someone else or are you a dependent? Is your current income alone enough to meet the poverty requirement for 2 people ?

6) I am a us citizen through my parents, I was a minor and gained automatic citizenship years ago so I never received a naturalization certificate, do I need that?

I think it is a good idea to have your Naturalization Certificate to prove US Citizenship and also for retention purposes. It takes about 8-10 months to request a new certificate, so your US Passport is your best proof of Citizenship at this point.

7) my understanding of the process, Nvc receives case and sends out the agent form, my wife will designate me as the agent and I pay the 70 dollars. I submit that and my i864 to the Nvc along with an original marriage certificate. And the passport sized photos. My wife wears a headscarf so will it be ok if we just show her ears in addition to her face? Also her regional pcc is from February 2 2010 will this be ok for India?

The fee is actually now $88 for AOS and $404 for IV bill. I paid both today and that is how much I had to pay. I think you are confused about how and when to send the AOS package and IV package to the NVC - they are separate packages with separate purposes - do not mix the two types of documents together. You can read the Wiki on James Shortcuts and also on LingChe and it will explain clearly how to pay and what/when to send both the AOS and IV packages.

Sorry about soooo many questions but you guys have been an amazingly huge help. Thank you all for your help and contribution.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are using your assets for your I-864 then you'll need to send them your back balance, are you using assets?

Where are you with NVC, have you send in your Choice of Agent form? Follow LingChe's short cuts to get you through NVC fastest. Make sure your first step is calling NVC to get your case number. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Your PCC is a local question so I'll let someone else from India answer that but she will need a police cert. from India yes

No, they'll get everything you sent to USCIS, so no need for copies of the I-130. Yes, you must send originals, you will get them back.

You don't need to prove how you spend your income, you will need to show that YOU make above the 125% needed to sponsor your wife.

My husband was born in the US, never naturalized. If you don't naturalize, how do you have a naturalization certificate? We were never asked for one and you won't be either

Follow the short cuts, if you wait for NVC to send you stuff you will be waiting loads more time to get through NVC. The first is the Agent, then she'll need to complete the DS-230 and you'll need the I-864. These can only be submitted after the agent has been selected (doesn't have to be you, can be her if she wants) and the AOS and IV bills have been paid.

For the picture, I'm sure the face must be shown so the head scarf should be ok, someone else will confirm.

Good luck

PS - only need one posting for your questions in the future, not 20! :)

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Based on your post, you seem to be natural citizen, not naturalized citizen.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Good responses, bobby_kvisa!

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also I'm sorry it posted 10 times, it just told me the connection timed out each time, I didn't know a new thread was created each time.

multiple duplicate posts removed and duplicate threads with answers merged into one thread with duplicate post removed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.