kylewife

FEE WAIVER

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We filed for the K1 Visa and had to apply for the I-601 Waiver also...since my husband came from Mexico, we had to be in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico for all the interviews. Nothing is free, every form you fill out is pretty much going to cost you, which sucks! The Waiver will cost you $545. Also do not lose ANY of your forms/papers that you receive from USCIS, even if it doesn't look that important, THEY ARE! If you lose anything that you might need in the future, you will be charged for another copy, depending on what you need, it happened to us.

Here are all the forms and fees from the USCIS.gov website:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

This site is amazing and it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY throughout my entire process...go to the top of this page and click on GUIDES, it will give you many examples and DETAILED instructions on how to do EVERYTHING! I would have never been able to get through this process w/o this site and also immigrate2us.net.

Good luck!

Edited by Amber824

The question then will be how will you keep your spouse to be from being a public charge in America and complete the Affidavit of Support when you can't afford a few fees? I am not saying that it isn't hideously expensive, but the government is going to think if you can't spring for the the $455 then you can hardly support someone else.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I WANT TO KNOW HAS ANYONE ON HERE EVER FILED FOR THE K1 VISA AND APPLIED FOR THE FREE WAIVER IF SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO PROCESS IT AND WHT ARE THE CHANCES YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE APPROVED

First, turn off the caps lock on your keyboard. Typing in all caps is considered to be equivalent to shouting on the internet.

I have never heard of anyone being approved for a fee waiver for a K1. Ever.

The US citizen is expected to sponsor their fiancee, and support them in the US. This is to assure the US government that the foreign fiancee won't become a public charge, and have to be supported by the US taxpayers. Twice during this process you will be asked to submit an affidavit proving that you have sufficient income to make this guarantee; first at the consulate interview, and again with the green card application. If you don't have sufficient income to qualify, then you'll have to produce a joint sponsor who has sufficient income. You (and your joint sponsor, if applicable) will have to sign a binding contract which provides the guarantee the government wants, and acknowledges that the government can sue you to recover any means tested benefits they pay to your foreign spouse.

Now, before you've even been asked to guarantee your fiancee will never be supported by the US taxpayers, you want to ask the taxpayers to pay for your visa petition? :blink:

I think the chances of being approved are virtually nil.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.