Undefined

ive got a question for yall

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

second post also removed for TOS violations.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you think people in the Canada forum are a$$holes, try going into different areas of the discussion boards. You'll be in for a surprise.

What people here are telling you is the truth. It might not be the nicest thing in the world, but it's the truth. Most (or all) of the people who have responded to your questions have gone through the K-1 or spousal visa process and we know how stressful it can be.

Remember this is a public forum and people can say what they please. Also other people can read what you're writing even if they don't respond or aren't signed up to the website. Be careful about what you type. It's happened in the past that the people at the Montreal consulate know who you are just by your timeline and if you say anything insulting, they can make your life even harder.

Keep your head up, and one good rule to follow on the internet is : don't take ANYTHING personally.

Thanks! I know but its just so frustrating I dont mean to sound mean or whatsover. But its hard when you are trying to get some info to make things easier or better ect and you get rude responds. Im fet up of people saying you have no rights and they are only doing their jobs. If you really have been thru ####### then it would show when you give advice ect. Many of you have given me advice I dont think its true advice. And about the visiting im so confused i recieved so many different statements. i dont know what to do. i guess i should wait and that that. i know how things work but i have a right to vent no? im not trying to be better or rude to no one. but im fet up of people thinking they own me. fine give ur advice. be nice polite informative and professional. im not your friend. you dont like me but this should have nothing to do with it but i guess it does how sad. anyways i stand aside what i believe in and anyone can think different, their prerogative, i respect that you respect me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If your getting info from other forums other than Canada, it probably will differ. For some countries it is very hard to come in as a visitor!

You can believe what you want, life continues. But no one other than a USA citizen has the right to enter the USA, it is as simple as that! If you get denied entry, and cause a commotion, the end result may not be pretty. For the most part, the POE officers are great! I chatted baseball/hockey with a few of them! And of course their are jerks, every organization has a few! But they do have a very important job to do and each day I bet they get lied to over and over, which I bet gets frustrating. So once again it comes down to past idiots ruining it for others! They have to decide if your telling the truth or not. And if you give them any hint that you may not be telling the truth, they are going to investigate that! Now you may be telling the truth, but you may be unknowingly be saying words that are raising their suspicion or your body language is sending off signals! You may have all the intention in the world to be returning to Canada, but what the POE officer is hearing is another thing. he doesn't know you, so he has to go by what your telling him and hopefully some evidence of you returning.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If your getting info from other forums other than Canada, it probably will differ. For some countries it is very hard to come in as a visitor!

You can believe what you want, life continues. But no one other than a USA citizen has the right to enter the USA, it is as simple as that! If you get denied entry, and cause a commotion, the end result may not be pretty. For the most part, the POE officers are great! I chatted baseball/hockey with a few of them! And of course their are jerks, every organization has a few! But they do have a very important job to do and each day I bet they get lied to over and over, which I bet gets frustrating. So once again it comes down to past idiots ruining it for others! They have to decide if your telling the truth or not. And if you give them any hint that you may not be telling the truth, they are going to investigate that! Now you may be telling the truth, but you may be unknowingly be saying words that are raising their suspicion or your body language is sending off signals! You may have all the intention in the world to be returning to Canada, but what the POE officer is hearing is another thing. he doesn't know you, so he has to go by what your telling him and hopefully some evidence of you returning.

Agree who heartedly - no one really knows most times what set's off the suspicions of the border guard if it does happen. I feel lucky that I never had an incident in 4 years and we continue NOT to...but I know otehrs haven;t been so lucky

D&JDianaM - no one thinks they own you or wants to boss you around :) Some of us may be a little older then you though(I'm just guessing, but I know I am) - we're certainly from all ages and we think telling you the bad stuff will be helpful in preparing you - don't take it too hard though. Wouldn't it be good to be prepared?

Good luck - I think we've stressed you a bit over what can happen ina worst case scenario, but thinking positive and being honest as Flames says works best.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.